Discussion No National Pokedex in Pokemon Sword & Shield

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Astaroth, Jul 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh this is like over several weeks old news, but I don't think I've seen anyone mention this on NUF.

Anyway, so apparently there will be no way to transfer Pokemon from the older games to Sword & Shield, meaning that any Pokemon that can't be caught in Sword and Shield won't appear.

Honestly I didn't really care that much about how there were no proper animations for the attack/special/status moves, there never was any in the previous maingame series anyways (though there were in the Pokemon Stadium series), or that the "open world" looks empty (honestly I always thought pokemon looked fairly empty anyways), but not even being able to have all the Pokemon...

That's basically the entire premise and most important feature in Pokemon. To be able to Catch 'Em All!

The Dynamax thing seemed meh as well...

p.s. here's the reveal for anyone who haven't seen it (25:57 is when they announce there won't be any national pokedex):

p.p.s oh and the excuse for it was because of the "battle balance" lmao.

2. Lewisking50

Lewisking50 Voidseeker, King of literally nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a restricted international pokedex aka only the pokemon that fit their made-up criteria will be transferable.
    All of it will be combined in one regional pokedex.
    At least what I gathered from the interview.

Pass from me, lazy excuse, lazy gamefreak.
    They have more powerful hardware, yet downgrade their selection...

3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Mentioned but restricted to profile posts...

4. Kaiser Megami

Kaiser Megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not too bad, but I hope that this will not be the trend for future pokemon games. If it does happen, then all hell breaks loose.

5. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t blame them I mean how much time do you think they have to spend balancing everything i mean they had to add fairy type because the weaknesses were uneven and some types were just straight up unfair spiritomb anyone ghost dark 0 weaknesses and you could teach it tms so it could be super effective against half the types

6. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    There has been but its mostly been restricted to profiles. I mainly blame the fact that they push out a game every year now. Before x and Y there was usually 2-3 interval. With the games coming to switch which is a lot more powerful then the 3ds a ton more energy needs to be inputted into it.

On another note have you seen town? It's another upcoming game game freak is developing. It looks actually more fun and interesting than the upcoming Pokemon game.