Recommendations [No romance/harem] Looking for cultivation novels with OP protagonist from the start

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ravaryn, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Ravaryn

Ravaryn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello.
    I am looking for a cultivation novel with a protagonist who is overpowered from the start.
    Preferably no harem or romance.
    And of course plus point if the translation is good!
    :)

2. P2wo

P2wo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ravaryn likes this.
  4. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don’t mind the most crap MC ever with bidimensional side characters all around and plot armor starting to get ashamed of her own existence: Emperor’s Domination. The world description, backstage lore and structure of the cultivation/society is somewhat good at least, at least until the point i dropped it.

On cultivation theme i don’t know another novel that does the same, but if isekai+magic+class system sounds good, Overlord novel may be worth of your time.

Ravaryn likes this.
  5. P2wo

P2wo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it harem?

But he's never under-powered either.

I personally like Cultivation Chat Group a lot. Although MC isn't even considered OP, his achievements are so over the top all the time that it baffles every character in the novel, but these achievements are not at all annoying. In many novels, you would dislike insane plot armors, but you would love the plot armors in this one. The characters are eccentric as hell. Although the novel has romance, you need a magnifying glass to find it, it is still positive and doesn't affect the flow of the novel in any way. The twists and turns are so well written. There is never a loose end. Never a dull moment. You would be roaring with laughter most of the time, either with MC or at MC. Although people say that it has slow pace at the beginning, I really thought it was a good pace. Anyways, the novel is epic. You should give it a try.

Ravaryn and Belixfvl like this.
  6. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    No OP =/= under-powered.

It's exactly why it is interesting, his wins seem very situational, he fails a heck number of times, loses so many things...

Anyway one can interpret strength in so many ways.... In that all MCs of all works start out OP as they can never truly fail completely.

So when I say RI is not, it is compared to the usual novels that have these OP protagonists at the start itself. Their magic power itself is op

Ravaryn and Belixfvl like this.
  7. Kamuizin

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprisingly, and afaik, no. Funny, no? For the epitome wish fulfillment retard egocentric MC.

If memory serves me well, he just either remember old affairs and a personal main love.

But he keep some vase flowers around, for nothing, that can be harem then, maybe?

Ravaryn likes this.
  8. Heruelen

Heruelen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect - the protagonist is quite OP, she destroys demonic sect right off the bat. No harem or romance as far as I know. However, be warned - it's a quite serious, gritty story. Lots of introspection, personal problems etc.

Ravaryn likes this.
  9. P2wo

P2wo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having a way to change your past mistakes also seems quite OP. But I understand what you mean. When reading RI, you won't have this feeling of "MC is gonna win easily". He works hard to win, and sometimes he can't and has to flee. That makes it very realistic.

Too bad it's banned.

Because it says harem in the genre, I never read it. But since you said the MC is crap, I won't be reading it. You seem to not like it, why did you even recommend it? hahah

Ravaryn likes this.
  10. Ravaryn

Ravaryn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestions!

11. Kamuizin

Reading List:
    Link
    Only OP from start cultivation novel i know. While i don’t like it for the aforementioned reasons, some people in NU like this kind of brainless MCs, so i mention the novel from time to time.

P2wo likes this.
  12. Addictedtoreading

Addictedtoreading Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link