Recommendations Noble girl/revenge/returner

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by HentMas, Jan 22, 2022.

1. HentMas

HentMas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking to stories with the same tone as "Marchioness Marchen" or "I'll be the matriarch in this life" or "I'll save this damn family"

I don't want tragedy or cheating partners like "I don't want to be loved"

A witty MC, not a damsel in distress, preferably if she's self aware like "The villainess lives again" or "The villainess turns the hourglass" or "The Viridescent Tiara"

But I really want the point of the story to be her revenge, not like "The villainess needs a tyrant" or "The villain daughter enjoys her seventh life as a free spirited bride" or "Lucia" where the main conflict fizzles out without them doing much.

Pro-active like "The villainess is happy today" a bit sassy, at least with character.

Needless to say, the ones I've mentioned I've already read or am following, you can check my reading list to see what I have there, but any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I'm willing to go to pay sites if needed if the story is that good.

Manhwa, manhua, manga, or novels are accepted... Although if it's manhua/chinese I'm gonna be a bit reluctant if they use chinese names, I get easily confused with those.

Thank you in advance for answering to this overly specific thread, I've got an itch that I can't scratch, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. kohaichi

kohaichi [Drifting in the world of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    The VIllain's Wife
    • the mc here didn't get reborn but came back to her hometown for revenge after years of cultivation she stayed abroad for a couple of years
    • unfortunately there was much more for the mc to learn about her family, you'll get some mysteries going on here, so after her revenge to her family she'll be out to do something else, this means that...
    • the 'mc getting back at em' might not be the focus of the story
    • although the revenge thingy might not be a focus, the mc would surely act in a lot of things in this novel
    • also, the 'Villain' doesn't necessarily mean a 'villain character in a book', it just refers to one's villainous characteristics

(internet so slow I can't search for my list, I'll just add more once think of something...)

HentMas likes this.
  3. ellie357

ellie357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ive read a lot of revenge novels, and for me, im not overly fond of them but i can recommend some that i enjoyed for a while, but ended up dropping? i think i read too many at once and got sick of all of the lol
    novels
    who stole the empress (revenge, not a returner/transmigrator)
    the guidebook for villainesses
    can we become a family?
    the cannon fodder and villain's happy ending (chinese)
    the predators contract partner (r-18)
    becoming the villains family
    manhwas
    even though im the villainess, ill become the heroine/the villainess becomes the leading lady
    the villainess is a marionette (at first she doesnt want to take revenge, but then something happens in her second timeline and she decides to take it) --> theres also a good novel translation for this, but the art for the manhwa is so lovely itd be a shame if you didnt read it
    the way to protect the heroine's older brother/the way to protect the female lead's older brother/roxana

HentMas likes this.
  4. Deleted member 411209

Deleted member 411209 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not sure if it can help, but you can just check the below I have read.

*I became the tyrant perfumer
    *Please dont come in my stationay store
    *You two will give birth to me
    *I became the male lead's wife

HentMas likes this.
  5. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Villainess is a Marionette
    Untouchable Lady
    Alusha
    Angelic Lady

HentMas likes this.
  6. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    This is also one of my favorite genres. All of mine are Chinese, though, but maybe give them a try:

Rebirth & Revenge:
    The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage (this one is ALL about revenge)
    The Long-Awaited Mr. Han
    Rebirth of a Cannon Fodder from a Novel
    Rebirth of a Movie Star

To Be A Virtuous Wife (this one has a LOT of Chinese vocabulary)
    Reborn with an Old Enemy on the Day of Our Marriage
    After Rebirth, I Was Entangled With the Tyrant
    More Than A Few Blessings
    My Whole Family Are Villains
    The Disobedient Girl Awakened

Just Revenge:
    Return of the Goddess
    Trial Marriage Husband: Need to Work Hard
    Husband, Be A Gentleman

Just Rebirth (but still some face-slapping):
    Rebirth of the Golden Marriage
    Great At Acting, Now I'm Reborn

I took a look at your list, and just for fun, here are some novels we've both read:
    Please Confess to Me
    Rebirth on the Doors to the Civil Affairs Bureau
    The CEO's Villainess Childhood Friend
    My Husband With Scholar Syndrome
    You're My Glory
    Every Vicious Woman Needs a Loyal Man
    Hello, Wife!

I agree with your take on "Hello, Wife!" The author's BL and ancient China novels are much better, so give her list a look. I recommend taking a look at my read list as well. I haven't written many reviews, but I've rated almost everything.

HentMas likes this.
  7. HentMas

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for your wonderful recomendations! I never considered "chinese" novels because the names really confuse me so much, but I'm glad to find some where it's not that confusing, it's just when the author goes and uses "Bailing" and "Baihuan" (or something similar) to name recurring characters... I blame my Mexican brain to not be able to catch the difference when reading hahaha.

I've got a bunch that I'm reading now, thank you all again!!!

8. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you recommend some to me? I prefer Chinese stories since I speak Chinese, but I'll take a look at the others if they're particularly good.

Something that might help with the names - there's a Chinese custom to name siblings and cousins with a shared character. So a family might have the names:

Father: Han Anlin
    Uncle: Han Anxi
    Boy: Han Muyang
    Brother: Han Dongyang
    Cousin: Han Guanyang

When you see this pattern, you can look at the first character to figure out the family, the common character in the next two to figure out the generation, and the unique character to figure out the individual person.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    HentMas likes this.
  9. HentMas

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly? for scheming type characters with a ton of drama, The Villainess Lives Twice - Novel Updates is VERY good, but you really need to be paying attention because everything is very convoluted, if you think some detail doesn't really make sense at some point, you missed something from before, EVERYONE is smart and cunning, not only the MC... first time I've read an author that knows how to make competent antagonists, but really, blink and you'll miss something important, it's not a light read... if you're like me you'll end up with a spreadsheet of the noble families and their relationships.

Actually, I was the Real One - Novel Updates Is... different, the MC is very smart but she lacks on EQ, but I don't really consider it a "revenge" she's actively trying to avoid falling onto the trap of her previous life, but it's because she learned to handle personal relationships better that she starts to pull ahead, she's someone that learns to live a more "fulfilling" life for herself, she learns to have friends. (you'll hate her father)... I know it doesn't exactly fit the mold of "revenge" stories but it's very good at what it does (making you hate everyone involved in her first death).

In This Life, I Will Be The Lord - Novel Updates hooo boy this was a roller coaster... everything is done thanks to her, everything happens thanks to her, everybody becomes who they become thanks to her... I simply loved every bit of this story and when it's all said and done the ending leaves you thinking "damn... she planned everything till the end..." and the ML is just... haaa...

Out of the 3 I think only the last one is finished but you're gonna have to search around to find the last chapters because they aren't listed on any... "legitimate" sites.

Notable mentions The Viridescent Crown - Novel Updates is also very frikken good but you're gonna have to look around for the MTL PDF because I couldn't find anyone actively translating it or editing it, it's not "horribly translated" but good enough haha, not exactly a revenge story but the MC is smart and charismatic.

luoxinle likes this.