Recruitment Nocturne Translations is recruiting translators (MTLors included) and editors

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Sutad Aatma, May 22, 2021.

1. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For Translators
    Recruiting Korean, Japanese and Chinese translators

- should have a good grasp at English.
    Yep, it is okay if you don't know the language fluently. It would be a good thing if you did but,
    All hail tech gods who have graced us with abilities to break language barriers without knowing an ounce of the said language. i.e MTLors are also welcome.
    All that matters is that you can provide a good translation for your editor/proofreader to work with. And if you want to work solo, without an editor or proofreader, your English needs to be good enough not to need one.

- should be able to post at least thrice a week.
    It would be ideal to have three chapters a week to ensure enough revenue for you and enough content for hungry readers. Don't worry, we won't jump you immediately. We will stock well before we open the feed for hungry readers :cookie:

For Editors
    - Should be able to rephrase the content to smoothen the flow of the story while staying true to the translation
    - Should be able to correct the errors left behind by translator and question them in case you notice any inconsistencies in the translation

For Proofreaders
    - Should have the ability to catch the grammatical errors that have managed to escape
    You are the last line of defense guys!!! Catch those errors and whip them into shape :blobhero:
    - question the translator in case of inconsistencies

How do you earn?
    Donations, ko-fi, patreon, ad rev.
    So make sure you have Paypal if you want to earn :blobpeek:

If you are interested and wish to apply, feel free to PM me, drop a comment, or reach out to me on discord: Picky Reader#7543 :blobmelt:

Ah also, this is our site :blobpeek:
    [We proved raws for all three languages for our translators]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  2. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump UwU

3. 10km_Fall

10km_Fall Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interested! Although, I have a few things to ask:

- Are you alright with a newbie translator? This will be my first uploaded-to-public project. I'm translating another one but I'm not sure how to post it yet.

- What's our source language? I'm currently studying JP so that's gonna be a plus. I have no problems with KR/CN, but translation quality may drop because it's gonna be completely MTLed.

- What genre are we doing? I lean more towards Fantasy and Sci-fi, but no problems with most other genres. Romance might be good too. Harem is meh, but still no problems. I most likely won't do BL/GL, Gender Bender, and works containing NTR. (Sorry...)

- English proficiency: How do I prove this? I'm pretty sure I can pass but I don't have any official/legal language certificates.

- 3 chapters per week should be doable, but I'd like to start with about 1-2 chapters per week until I get the hang of it. Is this alright? I can increase the pace of the releases afterwards.

(Sorry, I'm new to NUF so I have no idea how to dm you :blobsweat_2:)

AImmortalZ and c.decora like this.
  4. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    A newbie is totally fine. We will teach you how to post so you don't have to worry about that.

We are open to all three languages, it is up to you which language you would prefer to translate in. So far our site has Japanese and Korean novels only since we don't have any Chinese translators. It is best you choose a language you are comfortable with. In the end, we will be taking a look at your translation sample and/or give you a simple test to judge how good you are at translating the said language.

Genre is again up to you. Usually when our translator is looking to take a new project, they can either choose their own novel and discuss it with us or they can tell us what genre of novels they are looking for and we present them with options in accordance to their interests.

When I look at your translation, I will also be looking at how well you have translated. If you are good at English, it will automatically reflect in your translation.

It is okay if you want to start with less than 3 chapters but pay will be slightly less comparatively.

If you are interested and would like to apply, feel free to message me here or on discord ^-^

AImmortalZ likes this.
  5. 10km_Fall

10km_Fall Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still interested and would like to apply, when can I take the test? :blobhero:

6. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever you are ready! Are you there on discord? Or would you prefer email?

7. 10km_Fall

10km_Fall Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm Fall#8173 on discord! Sorry, I can't add the discord username above for some reason.

Edit: I tried adding Picky Reader#7543 (with the space) and it worked. I hope that's not the wrong one, though...

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Sutad Aatma likes this.
  8. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, you got the right one

9. AoHono

AoHono Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm interested in editors job if the recruitments are still going. My discord is Ao Hono#6608. already sent you request.

Sutad Aatma likes this.
  10. mohammed

mohammed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have messaged you on discord and here.

Sutad Aatma likes this.
  11. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    hey, I checked my discord. I could not find you there... I tried adding you too but discord is asking me to recheck the name

12. AoHono

AoHono Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh.. sorry I had renamed my account.
    We've talked on discord please check your dm... Sigh.

My ID is : Omkar#6608

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  13. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah okay got it

P.S translators do not need to have prior experience. We will :blobhero: shape them :blobhero::blobpopcorn_cool:

14. zerozaxx

zerozaxx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Added you on discord! Yozora#6907

15. fernz112

fernz112 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you still recruiting? I'm interested in applying as an Editor or Proofreader. I'm just a newbie though, but I'm confident in my English.

16. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    sure, can you message me your email ID? I will send you a test.

17. couch_weeb

couch_weeb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm interested in either being an editor or a proofreader. I don't particularly mind which position I get. First time officially editing/proofreading (aside from essays and stuff), so you do what you have to do. My discord is a_sad_potato#3190

18. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! Sorry but as of now, all the position for editors and proofreaders are filled. In case we need any in the future, I will definitely message you on Discord ^-^

19. couch_weeb

couch_weeb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fine! Glad you guys were able to find the people you need. Thanks for considering me~ ^-^

20. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    praying for more translators so i can get you in the team lol

couch_weeb likes this.