Spoiler Non-Human Sub-District Office [BL]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Szara, Nov 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Szara

Szara Your average American Psycho

Reading List:
    Link
    Non-Human Sub-District Office

Description

Lin Mu rescued a Samoyed.

Capable of eating, smiling, has a high IQ. Picks up anything you teach him quickly, a good helper around the house.

The only thing was that he doesn’t bark nor wag his tail.

Lin Mu took a ham sausage and coaxed for the thousandth time, “wag your tail, and this ham sausage is yours to eat.”

The Samoyed raised his eyes impatiently, and with a single shake of his tail, shook out nine.

Lin Mu: …… F*ck.

Afterwards, the fox that did not wish to reveal his name, Mr. Yan Xuanjing, said in an interview: “Now I regret, I deeply regret. At that time, I shouldn’t have pretended to be a dog to take advantage of him, shouldn’t have touched him, rubbed against him, eaten his food and slept in his bed. Now I have a home that I can’t return to and a wife I can’t sleep with, I regret, deeply regret.”

NU Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/non-human-sub-district-office/

I’ve only read up to the latest update (Chapter 30), but can anyone who’s read further please spoil? :aww: The story is rather hard to understand when using MTL :blobsob: It’s a cute and likeable story, but I’ve read reviews that said it will get sad later and I need to mentally prepare myself.

2. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can u spoil it up to chapter 30?

3. Szara

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, I’ll recap up to the latest chapter so far. After I finish MTL’ing another story, maybe I’ll try this one because I really-really-really like it so far, but the MTL is hard to understand because there’s losts of made-up fantasy terms. (Maybe other people will be interested and have a try at it so I won’t have to, huehuehue).

Backstory:

MC’s mom was from rich family, but she had gotten pregnant out of wedlock. The grandfather kicked her out of the house because she refused to abort the baby and wouldn’t say who the dad is. A few years ago she died, leaving MC to live by himself. He is rather lonely.

MC’s mom had an interest in plants and her gardening hobby was picked up by MC. He has a side-business where he grows and sells flowers to people.

At the start of the story, MC gets a job at small government office. On the first day at work, he sees a talking dog who transforms into a human (I’ll call him ‘Co-Worker’). Co-worker is a spiritual monster/beast and he tells MC that MC has been assigned to work here because he’s a half-monster.

MC realizes that he’s only half-human, which is why he has some supernatural characteristics such as fast-healing, smart, never sick, stronger than ordinary people, attractive looks, etc. (There’s this funny scene where MC tells co-worker about all his good qualities and good looks, which makes him sound a bit egotistical, haha :blobsweat_2: )

However, MC doesn’t know what kind of spiritual monster he is, because his mom never talked about his dad before she died. Co-worker couldn’t tell, either.

So anyway, MC starts working at the monster-office. He helps out co-worker with something— Back before co-worker gained spiritual awareness was able to turn into human form, he was an abandoned puppy who was raised by this human woman. The human woman later grew old and sick, and almost died. She briefly entered the Underworld(?) where the ghosts/dead spirits/souls go before reincarnating. In the underworld, there’s a special flower that grows, called ‘Morning Dusk’. Co-worker followed to her to the underworld and was able to pull her soul back. However, she is still dying.

Anyway, co-worker has some ‘Morning Dusk’ seeds that he wants to grow, but the flower is REALLY hard to plant in the human world... but MC was able to plant and grow it quickly! Co-worker was shocked, and tells MC that he’s the only person he knows who can grow these flowers. This must mean that MC has a really pure soul.

After that, co-worker transforms into a dog again and MC takes him to the hospital where the old woman is dying. (The old woman only knows him as an ordinary dog). They give her the Morning Dusk flowers and she dies peacefully.

Co-worker gives MC the rest of the Morning Dusk flower seeds, and tells MC to plant it around his house. The flowers provide special protection against evil monsters/spirits.

I’ll post more spoilers in a bit; need to post now before my phone derps out and I lose everything and have to re-type this. (Typing out long passages on a phone is really slow and cumbersome :blob_teary: )

Yan Xuanjing (ML) is a spiritual monster, a powerful nine-tailed fox. He’s the heir to QingQiu(?), where his father rules as King. (It’s part of the ‘Great Wilderness’, which is the world where monsters live). Bad monsters have been causing trouble, so ML has been tasked to guard the boundary between two worlds.

ML has been injured by some evil spirits/monsters and he runs by MC’s house. He sees that the house is surrounded by Morning Dusk flowers, which provides protection against evil monsters. ML also concludes that the owner of the house must be a good person because he’s able to plant Morning Dusk flowers.

ML (in fox form) decides to go in and introduce himself, and gain refuge against the evil monsters chasing him. He jumps over MC’s fence... and gets pricked by a bunch of nails. (MC had booby trapped his place, planting nails all around and behind his fence because he’s kind of anti-social and he hates his neighbors :blobsweat: ).

MC notices there’s a fire outside his house and goes out to look; the Morning Dusk flowers had burnt the evil spirits, preventing them from entering. MC sees ML, an injured white fox... who he thinks is a regular dog and mistakes him for a White Samoyed dog.

MC sees that ML is bleeding and injured, and felt bad since he assumed his nails(fence) had cut him. (And of course, ML is all indignant like, “How can some ordinary nails injure a powerful, 500 year-old spiritual beast such as myself?” :blobsweat: He was only hurt by the evil monsters chasing him earlier, but ML didn’t say anything and just pretend to be an ordinary dog.

MC takes ML(fox) in, and treats his injuries. He wants to take him to a veterinarian, but ML refuses. He notices that ML seems to understand him, and is smarter than an ordinary dog. MC thinks that one day, ML(fox) may be able to gain spiritual awareness and take human form. (In actuality, he’s already over 500 years old huehue).

ML decides to stay at MC’s house for a while because he’s still recovering from his injuries and he notes that it’s comforting to be around MC.

MC goes to work the next day, and talks to co-worker about the stray dog he had picked up. His co-worker, who’s also a spiritual dog monster, gets a bit upset like, “Why’d you have to get a new dog? Am I not enough?” :blobsweat_2:

ML(fox) changes back into human form, as Yan Xuanjing, and goes to the monster government office. He is surprised to find MC working there.

When MC first sees ML in human form, he is like, CAPTIVATED. He’s just kinda standing there, star-struck and drooling over how hot ML is. :blobnosebleed:

Co-worker had to pull MC away, and MC’s like “B-b-but I don’t wanna leave him!” :blobsob: (Nine-tailed foxes are extremely good-looking have a supernatural charm that enchants humans and weaker monsters around them). ML thinks it’s troublesome that MC is unable to resist his charms—not even his voice, which MC finds is very pleasant to hear.

So ML chats with MC’s boss, ‘Old Turtle’ (yeah, that’s what they call him), and they discuss about the monsters who are causing trouble in the two different worlds. MC is preparing to serve them tea, and overhears their conversation: ML asks what kind of half-monster MC is. OldTurtle Boss doesn’t know, but he asks ML if he looks down on half-monsters. ML doesn’t answer right away, and MC feels bad. He serves the tea and quickly leaves.

Co-worker remarks that ML(Yan Xuanjing) is from a powerful family/bloodline, and probably looks down on half-monsters like MC. MC feels even more bad.

ML tells OldTurtle Boss that he doesn’t descriminate against half-monsters, but MC has already left and didn’t hear them. ML feels it would be awkward to chase down MC to clear up the misunderstanding, so he didn’t say anything else to MC.

MC goes home, but doesn’t see the dog anywhere and is saddened by the fact. He starts thinking that he should go to a pet store and actually buy a dog for himself, so it’s less lonely in his house.

ML comes back later (in fox form), and MC is really happy. He decides to give ML a name— ‘’Milky’ — for his pure white fur. MC talks to ML about the super-mega-extremely handsome man he saw today and gushes about how hot ML is. ML thinks MC’s a pervert but he doesn’t really mind or anything :blobsmilehappyeyes:

MC tells ‘Milky’ that it’s a shame that Yan Xuanjing looks down on half-monsters. ML wants to tell MC the truth—that he’s the nine-tailed fox, Yan Xuanjing—but MC can’t resist his magic fox charms, so he decides to continue pretending being a regular dog.

Later, a spiritual monster called ‘Ginseng Baby’ takes refuge at MC’s house to hide from other monsters that wants to eat him, since MC’s house is surrounded by Morning Dusk flowers, which offers protection against evil creatures. MC agrees to let the Ginseng Baby stay with him. The little Gingseng is really grateful to MC. He offers to help out around the house, cook, and plants valuable medicinal herbs in MC’s garden. (He’s really cute :blobsmilehappy: )

The three of them continue living together for a while as ML is recovering from his wounds. ML (in fox form) starts sleeping with MC on his bed. The first night, MC would move around in his sleep and kicked ML off the bed. ML was angry and threw a tantrum with him after that. Of course, MC didn’t know why “Milky” seemed to be annoyed with him, haha.

At work, MC talks to his coworker about “Milky”, the “dog” he picked up. He is worried because Milky often leaves his house and goes missing for long periods of time. Co-worker says that Milky probably is being fed by a bunch of other people and isn’t loyal to MC. Co-worker offers to stop by MC’s house later to sort out Milky(?) and give him a stern lecture... in dog-language or whatever, I guess. If Milky’s no good, then MC should go buy another dog that will actually stay with him.

MC goes home with co-worker, and the co-worker is shocked when he realizes that MC’s “pet dog Milky” is Yan Xuanjing, the powerful nine-tailed fox who is going to rule QingQiu one day :blobfearful: Of course, he gets really nervous, and doesn’t dare to lecture ML or anything :blobsweat_2:

Co-worker later privately asks ML why he’s staying at MC’s house, and why doesn’t he tell MC who he is. ML says he’s just staying there to recover, and he will leave after a short while, so he hasn’t bothered to tell MC the truth. Also, MC can’t resist ML’s fox charms when he is in human form, so it’s more convenient for ML to stay in fox form... although MC mistakes him for a White Samoyed dog :blobexpressionless:

One day, MC was taken by this powerful, older monster named Di Wu, who claimed he knew MC’s dad. Di Wu was a spiritual tree monster whose body was destroyed by other greedy monsters because they wanted to drain his powers or something. Anyway, he’s back now and he’s out for revenge. Di Wu has been out killing a lot of other monsters who wrong him (including their family and descendants) and so now he has an evil, blood-thirsty aura.

Di Wu is currently injured and is in bad shape. He takes some of MC’s blood, giving MC a credit card in return for MC to spend. They exchange phone numbers.

MC later goes into his mother’s old room, looking up old photo albumns. He sees a picture of his dad, and finds a Magical Seed in a box.

MC goes to the Magic Library upstairs from the office where he works, and investigates some more. He learns that his dad was a spiritual tree monster, called the ‘Relaxed Emperor’. The Relaxed Emperor has a soothing effect that comforts other people around them. However, the soothing effect doesn’t work on themself, but the tree can bear a Magic Fruit, that once eaten, will erase all your unhappiness.

So that was the fruit that MC’s dad left his mom. He didn’t want her to be sad after he died, so he left her the magic fruit which can make her forget her unhappiness :blobsob: MC’s mom never ate it, but he remarked that she was still live able to live happily with MC despite not eating it. (I’m sure the fruit will be relevant later, but I haven’t gotten that far yet, hmmm...)

In addition to all that, the Relaxed Emperor tree helps with plant growth (the special, magic kind). They also attract the Sun & Moon essences which falls from the sky, and can heal injuries and make you stronger(?) which is probably why MC’s dad and Di Wu were hunted down and devoured. The Spiritual ‘Relaxed Emperor’ trees are often sought after by monsters.

After MC discovers his true origins, his powers increased, and the magic aura around him is stronger. Since his spiritual powers increased, he can now resist ML’s magical fox charms.

ML realizes that MC is a Relaxed Emperor tree-spirit after the Sun & Moon essences fell down from the sky and into his yard. Apparently, these are supposed to be rather rare, but MC attracts a LOT of them. These essences also helped the medicinal plants grow super fast (the plants that Ginseng Baby planted from before).

ML now knows that MC is probably related to Di Wu, the tree-monster who is going around killing a lot of people, but he doesn’t reveal anything to MC.

Since MC awakened his spiritual powers, and is partly a ‘Relaxed Emperor’ tree, he will probably be sought after by evil monsters. ML decides to stay for now to protect him, and leaves his powerful magic markings(?) around MC and his house to warn away predators.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    alexfilia, Fuyuneko, lazuuli and 14 others like this.
  4. Szara

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve updated my previous post to include more info and spoilers. Check back in case you missed it. I apologize for the double post, but I’m afraid of accidentally deleting something when I edit long posts on my phone.

ML continues to live with MC as “Milky,” his pet dog, without MC knowing any better.

MC bought ML a dog bed, but they continue to sleep next to each other on MC’s own bed. MC also bought lots of toys for Milky—stuffed animals that make noises when squeezed/bitten, but of course ML doesn’t want to play with doggy toys :blobsweat_2: MC thinks that Milky is a strange dog, who never barks or wags his tail.

Since MC has awakened his spiritual powers, he can now resist ML’s fox charms. ML would often come to see him in his human form, as Yan Xuanjing, but MC still doesn’t know he’s Milky yet.

MC wants to get stronger so he can protect himself but doesn’t know how, so he asks ML to teach him. ML doesn’t know how ‘Relaxed Emperor’ trees get stronger, so he decides to train MC based on how he was taught as a child—

When ML was little, his father just dumped him into the ‘Great Wilderness’ where other monsters lived, and made him fend for himself... So he just got his ass kicked repeatedly until he eventually grew stronger :blobsweat_2: Also one time when his father was flying, he accidentally dropped little ML, but luckily ML learned to fly right then. ML thought his father was intentionally teaching him how to fly by dropping him, and that ended up working out.

ML taught MC the same way—by telling him to practice jumping off the roof to fly... but of course, MC still couldn’t fly :blobsweat_2: ML would train MC by fighting with him, and MC always gotten beaten up badly, but he was able to heal quickly because of the Sun & Moon essences.

MC talked to “Milky” later, telling him that once Milky can take human form, he should try to look like Yan Xuanjing... if he can’t be as handsome, then just half as good-looking is fine too...if not half, then even 1/4 is fine... and if not 1/4, then looking like Co-Worker dude is okay too. LOL!

ML was going to tell MC that he’s Yan Xuanjing, but after hearing this, he thought that MC liked him and didn’t want to embarrass MC so he kept quiet.

One time when ML was away, ML’s Dad, Yan Gui (who is also a nine-tailed fox) came to MC’s house because he sensed his son’s energy there. MC spotted ML’s dad in fox form and mistook him for Milky. He didn’t bother correcting MC and just went along with it.

ML later came back (in human form as Yan Xuanjing). MC introduced his dog, “Milky” to ML, who gave his dad death glares :blobsweat: ML’s dad continued pretending to be “Milky” and stayed at MC’s house.

On the first night, ML’s Dad was gonna sleep in the same bed as MC, but MC was moving around in his sleep and knocked him off the bed. ML was standing by the door and saw this, and he just kinda gave an evil smirk like “Yeah, you deserved that.” So after that ML’s Dad slept on the dog bed.

The next day, MC noticed that “Milky” was behaving strangely lately, like how he’s lazier and would sleep in (ML always woke up early before MC). “Milky” no longer cared for appearances, and would just lay around on the floor all day, exposing his belly (ML was always dignified and poised)... but most importantly, he noticed “Milky” was fatter! :blobsweat: ML’s dad got a little offended by this, thinking to himself that his body was very nice—how is he fat? Haha!

MC decided that “Milky” needed to lose weight, so he made him run around and exercise, catch frisbees, play with toys, go hunt animals in the woods... Yep, the Fox King was treated like a dog.

After ML’s dad left, ML turned back into a fox to stay at MC’s side again. MC thinks that Milky was finally behaving normally again.

Meanwhile, Di Wu was still out killing a lot of people(monsters), and had accumulated a lot of bad karma. MC overhears his boss saying that Di Wu’s soul may be destroyed if he keeps killing people and doing bad things.

MC was worried for Di Wu and would call him on the phone, pleading with him not to kill any more people. He also warned Di Wu in advance whenever MC’s boss and other people were out looking for him so he could escape.

Di Wu had managed to find MC’s dad (Di Xiu), but his body was destroyed and now he’s stuck in the form of a wooden puppet, unable to talk or really do much.

MC mentions to Di Wu on the phone that he had a lot of medicinal herbs and the Magic Fruit of the ‘Relaxed Emperor’ tree. Di Wu really needed the medicine, so he told that he would bring MC’s Dad back to the house later.

Meanwhile, ML was staying at MC’s house (in fox form) when he sensed an evil aura. He went outside the house and saw the Morning Dusk flowers burning. Di Wu was unable to enter because the flowers repel evil spirits. ML breaks a magic jade tablet, calling his dad for help because Di Wu is very powerful and dangerous.

MC goes outside and tell Milky that it’s alright—Di Wu was a family friend.

Di Wu recognizes the fox as the son of his old friend, Yan Gui. Di Wu asks about the fox’s name.

MC was confused—what fox? Isn’t Milky a regular dog? MC thinks that Di Wu, being a tree monster, couldn’t tell dog breeds and foxes apart.

Di Wu tells MC that the ‘dog’ by his side is actually nine-tailed fox monster, who is the son of Yan Gui, King of QingQiu. Di Wu is amused that ML was willing to stay by MC’s side, acting as to his pet dog.

ML was exposed. First, he revealed his nine tails to MC, and then he changed into his human form, Yan Xuanjing.

MC got angry at ML for tricking him :blobsweat: ML said that he didn’t technically “lie” to MC, because MC never asked him anything. MC was still mad at being decieved, and asked him why did ML never tell him before.

ML said that at first, MC couldn’t resist his fox charms when ML took human form, so he stayed in his fox body. Then later he was going to tell MC everything, but then MC confessed to “Milky” that he liked Yan Xuanjing, so ML continued pretending to be a dog because he didn’t want to embarass MC.

MC got all flustered and tried to explain himself, “I only like your face!”

ML nodded, “En, I understand—You like me.”

MC: ........ (speechless) I

Afterwards, MC recalled that he saw both “Milky” while Yan Xuanjing was also there—who was the other fox?

ML explained that it was his dad who pretended to be “Milky.”

ML’s dad arrived shortly afterwards, having recieved the call for help from ML. ML’s dad was confronted by the MC, and he tried placing all the blame on his son. And then they started to talk about how MC liked Yan Xuanjing.

MC was embarassed again, and tried to explain to ML’s dad, “I only like his face!”

ML’s dad nodded, “I understand—people who like nine-tailed foxes, all like their face—my wife also likes my face.”

MC: .......

Meanwhile, Di Wu and MC’s dad were just standing there, eating melon seeds and watching the drama unfold between people arguing :cookie:

So anyway, MC was still mad at ML, until he turned back into a fox and tried to coax MC. He even barked like a dog to make MC happy (because MC remarks how he never hear him bark before), and then they made up.

So that’s how Chapter 34 ended. There’s still a lot more left, and the current translator is pretty fast.

This story is really good so far, but if anyone is interested in reading it, I recommend you start from the beginning, because you won’t wanna miss all the cute moments between all the characters :blobsmilehappyeyes:

alexfilia, pcheshire, Shizun and 16 others like this.
  5. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22
    @Zennie_613
    @324722 @2Bon2B

azinine, Shizuka15, Queue and 7 others like this.
  6. oleti

oleti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it so much it's so fluffy and MC and ml interaction so hahah
    And ml dad is best dad

7. oleti

oleti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers

8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a really interesting setting.
    Will keep this to my reading list.
    @Zhen_Qing for the poke

I'm curious with the NU summary, the one with ML narrative. What's with that? @Szara

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  9. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a random thing to show in a funny way what will happen in the story (ml pretending to be a dog and eating MCs tofu)

10. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saikyi likes this.