Non-Romantic Skinship

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Sep 6, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you ever seek/miss non-romantic skinship in your life?

1. I'm Male - Never

24 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. I'm Male - Sometimes

14 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. I'm Male - Frequently

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. I'm Female - Never

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. I'm Female - Sometimes

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  6. I'm Female - Frequently

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhm, I feel like you are thinking about it as being always horny and wanting to get it on with everyone. At least for me it's more like I see someone I think has a pretty face, nice breasts/butt, etc (either just one of those or all of them) and if something happens and things get kinky, then I'm all for it. But when I see a beautiful girl I don't think, "Man, I wanna bang her," I just think, "Oh, she is really pretty," and move on with my life. It's weird.

With friends, I'll just know they are pretty in my mind and that's it. If nothing ever happens, we'll just be friends, like, normal friends. If something does happen, I'm up for it. Well, basically the same as with strangers, but with more restraint (?) I guess. I won't hit on them or behave differently (not that I actually know how to hit on people.) But yeah, it's weird and now that I tried to explain it, it feels like I achieved nothing. I guess you could call it a dormant physical attraction. That sounds about right. That's me with attractive friends.

Pyoo, lychee and AliceShiki like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm... Not really? I rarely pay any sort of attention to my surroundings usually, so most people pass by unnoticed...
    Oh, I can understand this! I can register if a friend of mine is handsome or not, but I don't really register it as much more than that!

3. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    well i tell myself, he's still young~, and everything makes sense~
    imagine an eternal hard on!
    One you get used to it its Kinda normal xD
    hmm my taste (physically) seems specific enough to not have this, tho indeed i compare people i see to the "standard" perception of beauty (subconsciously and only took notice when they go above or lower than 'average'). But thats not attraction.

AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  4. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I agree with @Pyoo!

Like there's a weird difference between me being able to objectively identify: "He/she is physically attractive by ordinary standards" and "I am physically attracted to this person".

As in, I could pick up any magazine and nod, "yup, he (or she) is attractive", but that's totally different from whether I think a certain somebody is my type.

And for me, the behavior (or imagined behavior) of said stranger is an important part of whether I perceive somebody to be my type. So in other words, pictures alone don't mean as much to me as say... seeing a clip from a tv drama lol.

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Skinship?
    Does touching my patients skin count?
    Oh, and I often head patted child patients.

Pyoo and AliceShiki like this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh oh, this makes sense! We all have our own standards after all! Even if we do know the "standard" measure of beauty, it's not the same as what we consider beautiful! *nod nod nod*
    *giggles* Patting the head of children is nice! \(^^)/

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19656.png skinship is okay
    da problem is da people around I mean come on I just hug other cuz feel happy or gratitude and it turn into gossip next time~
    19637.png well I rarely give hug or get one~ most just handshake~ slap I mean touch other using hand(lightly)~ not about romance or da like~
    it simple cuz I grow up like that~ hence I have no opinion about it~

8. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the person! See, I have three bestfriends (all female):
    1) The first one I don't think I've ever hugged before. We're kinda...cool bffs? We never talk about feelings or anything "emotional", and just bond over yaoi and hobbies.
    2) The second one is okay with me hugging her, but she never does the hugging. Quite shy, she is. XD
    3) The third one I hug a lot! We hug whenever we see each other or say good-bye, we link each other's arms when walking, we've bathed together and we share clothes too!

There are people I'm touchy-feely with and some I'm not (though never with guys). I suppose deep inside I'm quite clingy and over-possessive, but...well...plushies are good for cuddling! XD

Oh, and the truth is...I only like skinship when I'm the one initiating it or if I got used to it (like with my 3rd best friend).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    AliceShiki, Bielt and Pyoo like this.
  9. OriginalChaser

OriginalChaser Dying as a Human

Reading List:
    Link
    High fives, shoulder punches, kicks to my shin, getting stuck in a choke hold..... wait... do those count?

AliceShiki and iampsyx like this.
  10. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    As for the whole can-opposite-genders-be-best-friends-and-do-skinship issue, my take on it is that sometimes, it's not a matter of you not being able to do it because you are (or can be) sexually/romantically attracted to the other person — it's the possibility of the other person having...thoughts that make it hard to bridge the gender gap. >.<

I suppose that's one of the reasons why some guys can't be friends with someone once they discover is gay. It's...hard to stay casual when the thought that someone might like you "that way" nags at your brain. Anything sexual directed at me makes me feel very uncomfortable, so I can imagine other people feeling that way when it comes to one gender or another.

11. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends a lot on cultural background and also age. Let me remember when I was younger: I tried avoiding hugging other guys to much, on the other hand hugging a girl was rare unless you knew here well. Also you can just see that some people are socially awkward and not used to a lot of physical contact so if it's like that I only shake hands or something. My classmates where actually physically close like we often got into fights and sometimes did like football cirlce style hugs and stuff.That was relatively popular for one odd year before class got split up.
    Now that I am in my twenties I don't care my best buddies all get a hug for greetings and a clap on the back, same for saying farewell. With girls my age you introduce yourself most of the times with a handshake(only if you see them for the first time or don't know them well!) and maybe say goodbye with a hug if you got along well. But in my friend circle girls or women rather always get a hug instead of a simple hello and bye.
    And yes hugging my best buddies when I see him always is great since we rarely see each other but well we are best buds. Anything more than that is a complete no go though. He's a bit special though since he is my martial arts trainings partner so maybe that is why we are more ok with physical contact. We slept in the same bed but every turned in diffrent direction. Yeah if you are older and you are confident on your maculinity a hug and such has nothing to do with being gay. That's what kids think like.
    Now do I miss hugging. I am a selfish cave bear who loves to hypernate comfortable. I have invited girls into my bed just to abuse them as pillows and I absolutely do not regret it. In fact cuddling is nice, but I will be the one taking you as my hug pillow.
    Nope I do not need any intense hugging with guys and please get out of my bed, unless there is really no other playce to crash I will guarantee you 40cm width and take the rest of a meter for myself.
    Non romantic relationship with girls as a man is possible I had some, but never BFFs status. Also sometimes you might want to get kinky if she's hot but relationship is something else entirely.
    Edit: I highlighted the social awkward part since it seems fitting here.
    Edit 2: I have a question in return. Did you not see some of your freinds naked during shower, gym or smoething? Yet a hug is not ok? Isn't that weird?

12. OriginalChaser

Reading List:
    Link
    Go talk to a Brazilian Jujitsu practitioner, they'll say skinship is not an issue!

Grandpa_World likes this.
  13. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    >////< L-lewd!

I don't..
    And like showers arent physical touches!

AliceShiki and Grandpa_World like this.
  14. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayee
    What u say is really true on some cases

But I have had a good share of opposite gender friends and I think it is possible~

It's just rare~
    Because it needs to be 2 people which are close and yet has no romantically interest on the other~

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    Physical touches aren't that bad you won't suddenly become pregnant I'm sure of it!

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    lol XD

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. Citrus

Citrus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On average, men are less emotional than women.

Skinship is an emotional thing, so the poll results are unsurprising.

OriginalChaser likes this.
  18. jossy48

jossy48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm a girl and i hate physical contact. My sister always complains how i wont even hug her. I hate having people touch me. I find it weird, uncomfortable, and always wish it ends quick if i have to hug someone, like a family member. I find it to invasive.

19. OriginalChaser

Reading List:
    Link

You'd thrive perfectly in a world similar to the movie "Surrogates" the one with Bruce Willis.

20. jossy48

jossy48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That movie is creepy!!! i wont go that far. I just find physical contact invasive. However i am a social, friendly person, and outgoing person. i just dont like to be touched :)

AliceShiki and OriginalChaser like this.