Recommendations Non Wuxia, Power Build

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Scholar Monarch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Scholar Monarch

Scholar Monarch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoy novels where the protag grows stronger through work not wuxia (cultivators) novels

Some examples:

Mystical Journey
    Nightmare's Call
    WoMW
    A Sorcerer's Journey
    Legendary Mechanic (Kinda Meh)

I generally dislike Japenese novels but if you know some really good ones please do recomend.

P.S no kingdom building

animefan217 likes this.
  2. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    48 Hours a Day (i haven't read that far but as far as i have read, there are no cultivation yet only physical labor and weak to strong type story in which the mc had an extra 24 hours everyday that he can enjoy where only he or anyone with the power of time can move)

Legendary Moonlight Sculptor (weak to strong, stuggling to earn money for a living he wanted to earn money by playing a vr game, but he got swindled and his class became a variant of a sculptor {it is in the title} this is a good one and the mc is greedy like the one below this)

Overgeared (this one is good but i am not fond of the partially stupid/idiot mc but he has a charisma that can attract talents)

Seoul Station Necromancer (this is a weak to strong type of story too but a short one) *never in my life would i expect myself to consider a novel with 200 to 500 chapters short*

tensei shittara Slime Datta Ken ( a good one too but the progress of the power gain is too fast and the mc became op like tueeee which means op in japan slang iirc. also when the anime came out it was over hyped)

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (this is a story of reincarnation transmigration genre about a spider girl {a literal spider} who evoled and evolved to survive, but the ending is pretty lacking too)

there are more, but i forgot them since my memory can only remember so much at a time and i have read so many books in the past 2 years that i forgot the title of some novels that i used to read.

3. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Age of Adepts - the MC of that story builds his power through a lot of hard work and attention to detail. And it takes awhile before his chosen build really takes off. Even though it has similarities I prefer this story to WoMW.

4. Scholar Monarch

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Scholar Monarch

Reading List:
    Link
    Dropped due to all the Witch of Fate scheming & too much clan building.

6. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To each their own. Witch of Fate is actually a clever antagonist. Along with most of the cast. Few actually gleefully throw themselves into a Dead End. They tend to have to be maneuvered their by the MC. So things feel earned.

But yeah. There is clan building. Since it isn't the focus of the story, more of another way the MC is consolidating his power to gain resources, it really doesn't register to me as clan building. Just smart.

7. Moxamed Adam

Moxamed Adam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark king= in apocalypse world power is based on parasites.it has good mc,plot,power system and world.