Discussion Not a lot of other types CNs being translated in NU

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tsuru55, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am becoming tired of face slapping, romance with bunch of drama to pad the series to have ton of chapters, revenge stories and weak to strong cultivation adventure CNs...
    Unless a pro that knows chinese tell me otherwise i am sure there are other chinese (or maybe korean) web novel series out there that are slice of life /or/ wish fulfiment, in short something light hearted like "Martial Arts Master".
    My question is, why don't the translators pick up more slice of life/light hearted stories ? Is it they find them boring compared to cultivation and face slapping ? Or is it because qidian got the rights of near every web novel series in china ?

I really want to see more cooking series (with male protagonist) being translated. For some reason the only series with cooking focused theme that is actively translated right now is just : Daddy Fantasy World Restaurant / and the other series "Summon kitchen" even though i heard that there were other cooking system series out there.

Btw Raws Daddy restaurant got 1400+ chapters and still growing 2ch/day, it's a masterpiece and google translate is really strong. So for the readers of it, stop suffering waiting for the new translation of qidian english and go google translate it, it's really worth it.

2. Buffive

Buffive Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cooking CN with male mc?

Gourmet Food Supplier
    Gourmet of Another World

Dat_Karma and IAmViruz like this.
  3. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Not reading Supplier because of the reviews.
    Gourmet of Another is not bad but boring after a while. At least in Daddy restaurant there was a loli and a wife that appeared later that made the series really interesting.

4. Buffive

Buffive Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never pay attention to reviews despite many novels having terrible reviews, I always end up enjoying them.

For a slice of life CN with male MC try Cultivation Chat Group.

kenar and flannan like this.
  5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Despite there being other types like 'The King’s Avatar', 'The Legend of Sun Knight' and such, but cultivation and face slapping moments are like the trademark(in a sense) of CN so that's why I suppose that they are popular

6. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just given up on Chinese novels. Tired of the plot just jumping from point to point or making no sense because those neutered morons that hold office got offended by something. Didn't know SJW was thriving in China's elite.

Also while I was still reading it GFS was good... However I can't bring myself to advocate reading on qidian so it doesn't get my rec.

7. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Because readers and writers can't have a boner without MC massacring cities over a stolen candy and making every woman wet:ROFLMAO:

IT WAS CHINESE????? Damn, I thought it was korean:blobfearful:

8. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Try "Martial Arts Master", just pure wish fulfilment that you wonder if this series is truly chinese. No arrogant young master, no love rivals, no mean family in law, in fact no enemies beside the adversaries in tournnament. Try it. This series is unlike any chinese series ever, it's sweet like none other that you will puke sugar after you are done. It just takes a small/medium while before confession but even before that was not bad.

9. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't found anything better than The Amber Sword yet and sometimes I really wonder if author is a korean pretending to be chinese.

10. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind system novel, but if any system novels that has "failing them will be met with punishment." this sentence, it just instantly killed my interest.

:notlikeblob: I mean, are there any actual punishment in CN novels?

Sabruness likes this.
  11. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    The yuri series My disciple wants to tease me every day
    Somehow someone that MTL it spoiled me and other yuri gardeners that MC sometimes failed and was hit by lightning = if yandere evil cultivator FL do bad things.

12. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I am actually looking for system tragedy novel like
    埃尔德兰的天空 (The Sky Of El Delan) where MC lost everything he loved and cared one by one because he failed to complete the missions. He also lost his limbs and was eventually killed in the end.

13. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried reading other novels from the same Author of Martial Art Master?
    How about Pet King, My House of Horrors and Chronicles of Primordial Wars?

14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Not as fluffy and good.
    No romance i think and a review said he gets an annoying bird/parrot.
    Not a fan of horror.
    No romance or romantic subplot tag so meh. Also not a fan of "MC is in a prehistorical/stone age world" plots.

I want something fluffy/relaxing ! with action as subplot if necessary ! Also don't bother to recommend a "MC is in chatgroup of immortals on his phone" kind of series because reviews say bad stuff on them, i only read the Black technology onebut even then the romance was kinda bad after the courting phase.

15. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they are very popular like isekai trend i think. So im sure in next few years the trend will die down and people want to read new things.

16. akes117

akes117 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now winter has come to Chinese novel industry,almost all the novels which include history and polite have been banned forever,many of them have very good and spicy write,but some idiots official just cut them off for their blindless and mindless achievements to show.

17. akes117

Reading List:
    Link
    And I recommend my translation Sword of Daybreaker
    It tells a story to build a civilization and actually there is no real bad guy,all the parties seem to be the villain boss are all for against the disaster,they fight just because of different ideas and faith.

18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope sorry... not a fan of mecha.

19. akes117

Reading List:
    Link
    not for pure mecha,starting from middle ages western world
    magic,swords,lords and knights.etc

20. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God of cooking is a good one, but it is KR and not CN.

Cooking with wild game is another good one (JP)

I have several that in my reading list that I havent touch but you maybe interested:

Cook of mercenary camp (JP)
    The other world dining hall (JP)
    Isekai izakaya nobu (JP)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.