Discussion Not enough time for sleep

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ars Nova, Sep 2, 2017.

1. prav92

prav92 ZeusKing

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what u r going through buddy. I really do. I managed it, though I wouldn't really advice it, have a short nap during boring class or lunch breaks. I did that for most of time when I had insufficient sleep. The problem is that your brain and body may get used to the new routine. Now a few years later, I am working now and almost doze off during my office hours

Ars Nova likes this.
  2. ScipioM

ScipioM :D

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my schedule if it helps

Wake up at 4 am
    Work out till 5 am
    Translate till 6 am
    Chores till 7am
    Get ready for school till 7:30 am
    Start school 8 am
    End school 3:15 pm
    Club till 4:30 pm
    Free time till 5 pm
    Homework till 8 pm
    Study till 9 pm(if there's a test)
    Otherwise study for club competitions till 9 pm

As you can see I only have 30 minutes of free time really and I sleep 7 hours a day. To tell the truth I walk home so that 30 min free time is probs 10 mins.

To tell the truth I'm exhausted as hell since I literally rush homework since I have so many ap classes:sweating_profusely: but I still get a's so I'm fine.

And dude I feel you with having a Asian family sucks so much.:blobexpressionless:

My advice is cut free time like I do, literally not worth losing sleep.

3. maniacman22

maniacman22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just suck it up and cut the free time it's not worth the lack of sleep

4. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    6.45am - 5.30/6 pm at school, 6.30 - 8.30 pm private lesson on monday, thursday, friday, 9 - 11/12 is usually homework, housechores and stuffs, and 11-3 am my free time if i'm doing all nighter or 12-1 Am
    And yeah, i suck at studying properly:facepalm:
    I merge my study time with my homework, around 9-11/12 pm, so usually i could get it all done but there is always some time when your teacher give you a stupid amount of homework. And my scores isn't that good sadly, so i got to study quite a lot
    Okay that's a bit scary, have you gone better now ?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  5. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah.. human... they never satisfied with what they have.... first they asked for more sleep time, next they asked for less homework, later they'll asked for school to be demolished forever XD

6. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't spend as much effort on less important homework? It's not as if you will turn into a sociopath just because your social studies grade suck :p

7. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Potatos

Potatos [Mostly Inactive] [Frozen Ink's Slave #2]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cut free time to a minimum(as in 30 min, cuz you always need some to relax yourself)

Fuck house chores, tell your parents that you are unable to do them and if they insist, just don't do them. If you keep on sleeping like that, you are literally fucked.

Work while you eat, work while your at school and work as soon as your hands are free.

Create a schedule(and actually follow it) to keep your life on track.

If you absolutely have to, do your work in private school, because if you don't sleep properly, everything else goes to shit. The less you sleep, the harder work gets and the longer you'll need to spend on it.

Do your best to get rid of distractions while you work, and work efficiently.

You have to sleep properly, try for 6 hours and have a minimum of five EVERYDAY.

You'll develop serious health problems if you keep doing this. If you have to cut homework for a day or two to get your sleep back on track, DO IT. If you do this to your sleep for another 11 months, you'll be in the hospital for weeks if not months.
    -spoken from a med student

Edit now that I've seen your schedule: Wait what the fuck, you could've actually slept properly. WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH FREE TIME? CUT IT. Just cut your fucking free time. Who in their right mind would have 4 hours of free time while they're so busy?! Cut it to 1 hour and allocate the rest to sleep.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Ars Nova likes this.
  9. Veldoraa

Veldoraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a similar schedule like you (I'm Indonesian and a high school student).
    I wake up at 4 am (do some chores and studying a little bit)and school start at 6.30 am (my house is far from school). School finished at 3 pm and 5 pm (club activity).I usually arrived at home = 7pm and I sleep at
    10 pm.
    I just have 1 hours free time(including dinner and stuff)
    And I do my homework and stuff around 8-10 pm

My tips for you:
    Don't pull all-nighter and have enough sleep. Cut your free time a little bit and eat healthy food.Do some exercises for your body.

*I'm sorry for my bad English

Ars Nova likes this.
  10. Yukino

Yukino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try multitasking house chore to reduce time to do it. I sometime do laundry and cooking at the same time. Also you could think about what to answer in your assignment while doing something else. I do that while shower all the time. Maybe you could ask your friend for example too, so you don't have to think up everything from scratch.

Ars Nova likes this.
  11. Theo Thanasia

Theo Thanasia Medicine Master

Reading List:
    Link
    unfuck your life

12. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Sleep and focus on your studies ... the more you invest now the more benefits you'll reap later ...
    Don't go for all nighters regularly ... it really isn't healthy, nor helpful in the long run ...

13. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    really the world is sick, so many papers out there that says that you have to sleep between 6 to 8 hours to get enough rest so your health doesn't collapse.

check your schedule, remember that days on earth have 24 hours, divide it in 3 you get blocks of 8 hours, 1 is for sleep the other 2 should include the rest of what you need to do, work, studies, transportation, and free time. if your daily activities can't respect the block of rest then you are doing more than you can and should handle, cut things out. don't kill yourself in that way OP.

14. Theo Thanasia

Theo Thanasia Medicine Master

Reading List:
    Link
    you haven't tasted university bro.
    kind regards from yogyakarta

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    btw for so long is that purely on classroom or also club activity? you can cut club activity~
    hmm private lesson eh~ only one or multiple subject?
    if multiple focus on one that most important~ since you admit you suck at study I can't help ya~ I'm not suck at study just lazy and hate da teacher so deliberately make them twitch~ not to point exploded just twitch ~
    and you need to focus improve your study or going at your pace~
    school grade is important but not everything~ said my wise respected middle school language teacher who drill his student to point all of us can sleep during high school national language lesson~
    on uni I have blast lel~

I forget you can always talk to counseling teacher on your school about your problem~

16. canaan

canaan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahaha jadi kmu orang indonesia sama berarti

17. Englandismycity

Englandismycity Rap God Nick Crom-... okay, I regret my username

Reading List:
    Link
    Only do the hw that you have to do. Such as projects, esaays, studying for summatives, and quizzes. Disregard everything else because it doesn't matter.

18. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't you have term breaks? I'm having mine now :3
    My school starts at 7.15 so i don't know....
    Usually my Malaysian classmates sleep during break to catch up their sleep.

19. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Complaint to you school for abusive, beat up your family and hire a cleaner

20. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to, but i'm not brave enough i guess, here in my country if you talk to your parents harshly, even though it's their fault everyone is going to keep blaming you, talked with my friends who don't do any chores at their home and they said thats normal -,-
    Score matters so much in asia, if you dont go to a good Uni you're dead
    11-3 am is my free time if i do all nighter, most of the time i only have free time form 12-1 (9-11 homework and studies 11-12 housechores) . My hobbies need a lot of free time, that's the reason why :notlikeblob: ill try to cut some though
    6.45 am-3.50 pm is classroom, and then club activity or group tasks. Want to cut club activites but can't, all of my close friends are there, and i'm not close to anyone in my class since all class exc social study got rearranged. Multiple subjects on private lesson :notlikeblob: pretty much everything maths physics etc except PA and Art. And sleeping while on the national language lesson ? That teacher is a legend xD

Potatos likes this.