Recommendations not low-key, op mc

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by asi, Jun 30, 2020.

1. asi

asi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    looking for an mc who is op that is actually open about it... you have no idea how angry i've gotten from some shitty novels, where for some reason the dumbass author decides to force the MC to be very low-key, for literally no fucking reason. god it infuriates me.
    like for example The Luckiest Son-in-law or Abandoned Son-in-law. it's easier to find novels like this in the "son-in-law" genre where the mc's retarded mother-in-law bullies him for no reason, mc gets some sort of power, then decides to lay low because... he was previously weak so he shouldn't be allowed to have power? like what?

so basically, looking for:
    any genre except novels where the main focus is romance
    op mc (can be a zero-to-hero type who grows into being op, but it can't take too long. this doesn't just mean regarding cultivation or martial ability. business, medical, etc is included)
    modern world only
    mc who is not a coward who hides his power for literally not a single reason except for forced plot

also, it doesn't have to be action or cultivation novels, hell it can even be medical stuff like Great Doctor Ling Ran. stuff like business is fine, for example The Luckiest Son-in-law.

note: it must be modern world, or something similar. no cultivation worlds as stated below, this includes worlds of magic, etc. cultivation is fine if it's in the modern world like Dragon Emperor, Martial God, but no cultivation worlds.

ALSO, NO CULTIVATION NOVELS.
    Cultivation itself is fine, but not in cultivation worlds please. every novel with the characteristics i'm listing that is in a cultivation world, is 90% of the time a novel where endless arrogant young masters pop up, MC defeats them, arrogant young masters swear to get revenge, repeat

for some reason, at least in my personal opinion, every cultivation novel can be categorized into an mc who lays low, or an mc who doesn't lay low but always goes up against young masters who he beats up, threatens, (for some reason rarely killing them despite them trying to kill him and his loved ones?) releases them, and then they come back to try and kill mc again, and this repeats countless times throughout the novel.

2. Yaoikun

Yaoikun The other Red Siblings | Cursed Black Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    After analysing your requirements and deliberating with peers of same interest, I found that Invisible Dragon is the embodiment of what you are looking for.

GoldenEye, Happy guy and Teadragon like this.
  3. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. CheezyMayo

CheezyMayo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uhm... try reading Study Group. Though it's not a novel but a manwha.

5. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don’t mind a future world(universe) then I recommend Star Rank Hunter. It definitely does not follow the common tropes, and the MC is very OP.

shianthiestrada likes this.
  6. Sushicat

Sushicat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would definitely say Solo Leveling (You can check the manwha first before jumping in the novel).

eyeZach90 and shianthiestrada like this.
  7. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Genius Daddy in the city
    I am Prodigy