Not Quite a Story: Random Notes

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by cap.toon, Jan 2, 2019.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    12/25/18
    Note Title: The Washing Machine
    Link to the other post:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-washing-machine.79073/

12/31/18

Note Title: Binging Novels
    The last chapter I was on was chapter 88. The current chapter updated was chapter 211.

I didn’t feel like reading. I didn’t think it would keep me hook. But I went ahead and opened chapter 89.

The spell began weaving its magic. Chapter 89 shifted to chapter 90, 91,92—the Magic was getting stronger. I kept telling myself, just one more chapter—just one more. I looked up at the corner of my smartphone. It read 6:30am. I felt an aching headache, my eye balls were ready to pop out, and an appointment to make at 11am.

I regret thinking I wouldn’t be trapped. I wasn’t just plain stupid, I was a fool to overestimate my will to resist temptation. I’m a veteran at this—this novel binging trap. I just don’t learn my lesson.

1/2/19
    Note Title: In My Living Room

I had switched off the living room light and turned on low dim setting for the LED string lights hanging around my four walls. My living room was beautifully lit like a firefly light show. I walked back to my sofa and snuggled in my comfort blanket. I played some smoothing music on my phone and placed it an arm reached away on my coffee table. I laid down and pushed against the sofa like a dog rubbing its back against muddy sand. A moment later, I finally settle in and closed my eyes. My breathing soften and I was starting to doze off.

10 seconds later, feeling the urge; I opened my eyes: what the hell—

Towering over me, stood my little sister with her bed hair up and out; a total disarray.

Ah-man, I almost had a heart attack.
    —————————
    Stay tone, I’ll update this personal note story telling of mine every now and then as urge comes.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Princess Renesmee and Bad Storm like this.
  2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    And then when you managed to stop, you just somehow forget the novel's existence altogether.

strayCat0 and juniorjawz like this.
  3. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly!

4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    7/11

I forgot I was even a novel reader!

5. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    How so? You forgot to read novels?

6. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    1/2/19

Note Title: In My Living Room

I had switched off the living room light and turned on low dim setting for the LED string lights hanging around my four walls. My living room was beautifully lit like a firefly light show. I walked back to my sofa and snuggled in my comfort blanket. I played some smoothing music on my phone and placed it an arm reached away on my coffee table. I laid down and pushed against the sofa like a dog rubbing its back against muddy sand. A moment later, I finally settle in and closed my eyes. My breathing soften and I was starting to doze off.

10 seconds later, feeling the urge; I opened my eyes: what the hell—

Towering over me, stood my little sister with her bed hair up and out; a total disarray.

Ah-man, I almost had a heart attack.

7. Princess Renesmee

Princess Renesmee Cry baby

Reading List:
    Link
    Same with me :blobfearful: I realized that I have wasted a lot of my time on novels while my paper have not finished yet :notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

cap.toon likes this.