Nothing good to read on NU (rant)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mnotia, Mar 21, 2018.

?

Do you agree with this degenerate?

1. YEP, TOOK THE WORDS OUT MY HEAD!

23.1%
  2. Nah, but I agree with some of it.

50.5%
  3. NO

14.3%
  4. logoff, you degenerate.

33.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, i uploaded chapter 2 for tale of an existence

Quick rant on how there are hardly any good novels on NU:

I woke up at 1PM cause I spent all of last night playing Mobius FF (got wyrm lord job and monk is almost maxed) and I decided to check if NU had any new updates. All I saw was arrogant MC's that couldn't think and horribly written harems.

I saw that Shut-In Magician, Marietta-hime, and Era of Disaster had updated but there were some titles that looked like Immortal Sword Cultivation or some generic title like Wandering Peerless Warrior......like the heck!

First, all we get on NU is bad harems, arrogant MC's or characters that can't get spanked cause of plot armor. Now I'll make a list of things I hope to see in 2018:

1.Harems that actually work!! Like if the mc becomes a king, WHOS GONNA BE THE QUEEN AND WHOS GONNA BE THE HEIR TO THE THROWN, polygamy to unite countries, or harems cause the mc honestly loves all the members the same.

2.LESS ARROGANT MC'S!!! It's ok to be arrogant but if your'e too arrogant your'e just gonna get a hand through the chest.

3.CHARACTER DEATHS, please stop killing side characters with the hand through chest move or the sacrifice move. Use a possible thing like a monster killed em or they got hepatitis or aids.

4.Finally, HARDLY ANYMORE DENSE MC'S!!! A perfect example of what not to do in a story is Going Back and Forth Between Earth and The Other World with Space Time Magic. This is a mistake of a story that shouldn't even fucking exist. Talking about this really irritates me because it had potential then the author fucked up bad and didn't put the story back on path. IT'S LITERALLY A HELLA DENSE MC THAT JUST UGHHH!! I really thought about learning japanese so I can curse the author and his stories. Then there are people rating this story above 3 stars and saying "OH, this is like Death March!"........I thought about how Battle Royale would be a good idea if only low-rate writers participated.

Thats pretty much all I hope to see in the rest of 2018.

theres 2 votes

please don't throw pitch forks at me

EDIT: 500+ views and logoff, you degenerates winning..........please stop......i might just logoff.....

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    Pitch forks are outdated.
    People prefer Rotten tomatoes and stupid memes, these days. We are slowly moving towards biodegradable and recyclable items.
    #saveearth.

3. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're not planning to contribute any actual incentive, your options tend to be rather limited:

First thing to note, the choices that you see on NU are what the translator wants to read. If it's not to your liking, then learn the moonrunes and produce stuff that you would like to read.

Or, option B is to pay nothing, except for your sanity, to a MTL and proceed to use it to find palatable works that you can enjoy on your own time.

Option C is to pay an actual translator to translate something that you pick. Costs vary, but at least you get to see how money runs the world and you get to read what you want. :D

Imawa, Fuyuneko, raitei and 5 others like this.
  4. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Until you read every single novel available on NU and find faults in them I can’t agree with your nothing good to read on NU argument~

Ddraig, Shem, wii800 and 2 others like this.
  5. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're reading stuff out of china you can expect two things. First is the general face smacking / revenge plot that more or less covers 90% of any story. Secondly is that every woman they chase after will last hundreds of chapters, once they get them you'll forget about them, or at least the author will.

If it's out of korea, it'll be building towards something. What they're building towards no one really knows, but they're sure going to end up with a harem even if they don't start that way.

If it's out of japan, it'll be a bunch of kids that can't even get to the step of holding hands while having lots of teenage angst. Oh and you did mention dense, but I think that's not dense, just something in the water that makes people stupid. Cause there's a difference between dense and the level of stupidity in some of these characters written there.

I don't have my hopes up for any changes in the future of novels from these places. Just take what you can from the generic and maybe once in a while you'll find something decent.

Avald, Bangobombz, Imawa and 8 others like this.
  6. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    *Lurking* im here just to see the vote poll result.

Imawa likes this.
  7. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    this line gave me cancer,
    congratulations, you killed side character @DocB

Deleted member 110464 likes this.
  8. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    logoff you degenerate will win......it always does....

9. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to rrl when in doubt.

Try everybody loves large chests. Fulfills all of your requirements, actually, and it’s well written to boot. Don’t be turned off by the name. If you try it you’ll see what I mean ;)

Hairplane and craz like this.
  10. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link

can't really trust that harem tag....does it really have a harem?

11. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone Loves Large Chests +1

What a misleading title SMH

Hairplane likes this.
  12. ZhangYeNumberOneFan

ZhangYeNumberOneFan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the record, aids and hiv cannot kill you directly, they just act like a massive debuff on your immune system so that pretty much anything else can.

jersanxx1 and QilinHorns like this.
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh
    @LysUltima
    fumu really like that
    panda something right?
    fumu
    I expect storm
    turn out just lil rain~
    what a let down~
    perhaps seen too much similar thing make me feel bored
    19656.png

Lovely likes this.
  14. Drawyvern

Drawyvern Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like you want something like breakers. Basically ticks most of the boxes.

15. Sertzu

Sertzu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    feels like martial god asura the novel turnt to garbage after 600 chapters because it is pure repeat meet asshole beat asshole meet asshole beat asshole, and dont get me startet with all the boot licking oh chu feng you're such a genius bla bla bla -.-

Avald likes this.
  16. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually we're using people to throw nowadays yanno
    *throws @Lovely and @AliceShiki to OP*

Lovely likes this.
  17. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol it must suck to be a male reader and have so many choices and oversaturation that you get sick of it. Me, if I want a reverse harem - there's like 5 novels out there with wonky release schedule, and I don't even get to choose whether they'll be good harems or a highly unlikely wish-fulfillment fantasy with annoying female MC. I have to sift through helpless female MC's in modern romances who get oppressed by a CEO male lead until I find a kickass arrogant female MC who doesn't get poisoned left and right lol. I say sift through, but the variety is honestly much, much lower than novels for male readers, so it doesn't take that long. Well, this is more of an observation than a complaint really.

I think for your case it's best to switch to another interest for a while and then naturally come back to novels. It seems that you've read so many, that your taste has elevated, so now you can't eat the same junk food as before. It's tough cause it's more difficult too find good quality when it's buried by tons of other junk food-like novels. Well, you need patience and will for that, lol. As I said, it's still relatively easy for me to sift through the novels for my demographic, but it looks like I'll reach your exasperation one day by the rate that new female MC novels pop up. Maybe in 10 more years.

Imawa, Varno, Fuyuneko and 1 other person like this.
  18. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Problem with Royalroad is that you either get the same stories over and over again, just terrible to read or worse you get the to the curse of twenty. Curse of twenty for any of you who don't know is that a novel on the site will have a great release rate up until the point it gets to around chapter 20 and then it will slow to a snails pace or the author will just disappear.

I couldn't deal with the humor on Everybody loves large chest. It was fine in the beginning but after a while it just got to the point where it was distracting me from the story so I dropped it.

p.s. Never read a Virtual Reality video game novel on rr. I highly doubt anyone on that website actually play video games enough to understand the basic mechanics of how any of the games work.

Avald and Fallion like this.
  19. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link

logoff, you degenerate has 20 votes and it might not win........FINALLY

20. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm there’s a bunch of girls who continually request sexual activity from the mc

Is why u read completed ones

Ragnarok
    Re:Ocean
    The until death trilogy

To name a few