Discussion Novel ideas you wish were done more often?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by animefan217, Jul 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That or like porter of 2 worlds an can get futuristic/alien tech

2. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are lots of those out there already. The problem is that people don't read the translations so the translators move on to material that people actually read. It's a sad state of affairs but it's the way things work.

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  3. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    I know not sure why there so populsr for all I know they could be another lotm/mhoh tier or near tier novel around but not translated

4. ToastedRossi

Reading List:
    Link
    It's less a matter of whether these other books are as good, and more a matter of them being quite different. Personally, I read a lot of history novels (either regular of transmigration) and I'd imagine that they'd be a lot better than the xianxia and xuanhuan novels that are popular on NU. The problem though is that the characters in these books tend to not have any super powers so they're not what the readership is looking for. Personally I prefer them that way, but different strokes for different folks, et al.

5. blazingblack

blazingblack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like war themed novels like Release that witch, I am the Monarch, and Tales of the Reincarnated Lord. notice the two novels like RTW and TRL, these two novels is particularly in my likes because they use their knowledge about the future weapons and use them against their enemy, I want that scenario where the enemy army just got trampled by advance weapons. and I like it too when they develop their territory using the knowledge in the modern world like inventing water tap system, creating ID system, and many more..

6. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Not many long running, good kingdom building novels around

7. ToastedRossi

Reading List:
    Link
    Important distinction: not many of them are translated. There are lots of good ones out there - I'm taking a break from one that takes place in the Song-Jin War (sort of), and reading one that takes place at the end of the Qing dynasty right now.

Baldingere likes this.
  8. rosaa1

rosaa1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Respected female lead who does not end up being "protected" by the typical tyrannical overbearing demanding male lead even though she is capable to fend for herself.

9. The BL Muse

The BL Muse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BL harems or reverse harems done right

10. AlvoisSam

AlvoisSam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels in which reincarnators, transmigrator, time traveler, World Hopper, all meet and help each other. Similar to Transmigrator meets Reincarnator and like that.
    Oh yes, I’m thirsty for BL harem, but sadly, they don’t exist much in NUF.

11. The BL Muse

The BL Muse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I've been crusading on BL harem since entering translation circles back in September 2020. Check out my translations under Nyx Vieone translation group ;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  12. Silent C1own

Silent C1own Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Less of those fluffy harem? transmigration op power up, just less of them
    but I'd like to see more novels where the mc is like a creator, not like mortal creating a game where its actually another universe that he/she can take things from through their computer or something.
    like Low dimensional game, great concept and would love to see more of it

13. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.webnovel.com/book/i-have-a-super-usb-drive_17527881305321505 might be the closest i know

14. Gladiator02

Gladiator02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isekai with a couple that don't know each other before they got transported together then gradually get to know each other while trying to survive. No harem

I think it should be done more.Main characters generally either get a harem or find their loved ones from their worlds in the isekai world. But they don't usually have romance with another random otherworlder. I saw a manga called Abyss calling recently which had the main couple from Japan that are complete strangers in an isekai. I didn't read it's novel or anything so it's not my recommendation

15. Alex57915

Alex57915 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes Exactly.

16. Lord of sin

Lord of sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    everyone hears about the 'ancient' era of cultivation where people first started experimenting and pioneering into the cultivation world seeking immortality a time where geniuses were abundant where the heroes had there names go down in history. we always see novels with a system already in place and techniques passed down and reused with only a few mc coming up with there own techniques that just end up being useless (mostly), i wanna see a novel where humans are struggling to learn and breakthrough, creating techniques that goes through the ages eventually rising up becoming gods and hence the 'most prosperous era of cultivation' reached its peak. to me if that could be done right say like RI(reverend insanity) Lotm(Lord of the mysteries) level than it'd be the best 'cultivation' novel. atleast in my opinion

17. Mikanonatsume

Mikanonatsume Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish there were more novels like tearmoon empire where the morality of judging a person to be evil was explored more. Especially the hypocrisy of declaring a person 'criminal' when they have no right to do so because when had the declarer done anything to stop the criminal from going down the path of criminality.

18. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like custom made demon king or galactic garbage station

19. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit ironic considering my previous answer in this thread, but I’ve recently been into novels that call out and explore the darker side of human nature (ie. greed, selfishness, etc.) and the consequences of it. Have loved the ones I’ve read and would definitely appreciate more~

20. rerere27

rerere27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sports novel without any romance, just pure sports. I get tired of reading sports novel where the genre 'sports' is gone because of the 'lovey dovey athmosphere'. I don't have any problems with love interests but i wish the focus more on the sports part.

Also, i would like to read more novels about ancient people (stone age). Read a novel like that (forgot the title, it's shounen ai i think tho) and i loved it.