Recommendations Novel like IRAS

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by LN_WANNEM, Dec 14, 2017.

1. LN_WANNEM

LN_WANNEM Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need a novel like IRAS that takes place in the modern world....or a novel that has a skill similar to zhang ye's lottory. Thanks

2. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God of Music,KR novel, less face slapping, more production of music

EDIT: history's number 1 founder has a lottery system

3. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Library of Heaven's Path is similarly funny, yet not as stupid. I read 400 chapters in 3 days.

production*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2017
    wonderer likes this.
  4. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only recommended i am in hollywood. These kind of novel (use real name in novel) almost guaranteed to axed due to copyright issue, thats why not many translator translate it (or simply no good)

5. LN_WANNEM

LN_WANNEM Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the mc have a ability?

6. Nino Sasou

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he just make good use of his memories to made several hits movie (literally made hits movie before it released)

7. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    im pretty sure celebrity names are public domain.

8. Nino Sasou

Reading List:
    Link
    If the author use the celebrity do something that ruin their image (according to them) you will be sued. Not to mention this novel have 18+ scene, pray for your lawyer
    Thats why qidian not decide to take it to their webnovel and in china this novel already axed/discontinued. IRAS too axed after frozen fiascoo

9. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Been wanting to read Library of Heaven's Path, can you tell me how old and to what degree the Mc is shameless without giving away spoilers? The more shameless the better! Is there potential romance? Does he have pets? Students don't count as pets... Does the MC ever fight? It doesn't have to be frequent but if the MC is passive and always scheming I'd loose interest to fast. If its like ISSTH and AWE then I'll suck it up and not care to much about the fighting cause a good story is more appreciated.

10. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is very active and shows off a lot, at least once he enters the spotlight in the story. The first hundred or so focuses on his students, his cheat, and the world-setting, but he still appears plenty awesome. Once he enters the spotlight though, there's lots of faceslapping. The author likes using the peanut gallery faceslapping technique, but he always uses a peanut gallery of one so it's not too bothersome. The novel is plenty humorous, and I like the side-characters as well. The MC has his share of straight-up fighting, but clashes are generally more about competing in your other skills than beating each other to death. Plus, most characters actually forgive each other, which is amazing for a CN cultivation novel.

Also, the MC doesn't really scheme. He's rather straightforward, but he doesn't come off as stupid. I wouldn't compare it to ISSTH, because ISSTH felt chiefly surreal to me, but the humor does remind of AWE. It reminds me most of the early HN1F arcs. The MC is not weak like Lin Feng was, but I love the humor and the behavior can be strikingly similar. Generally, the people he encounters aren't weak, but they're neither overwhelmingly strong, nor cliche stepping stones. Anyway, I definitely recommend trying Library of Heaven's Path. I think I'll paste this into a review while I'm at it.

PS: I just saw this in another review, but no, the MC is not dependent on his cheat, in case that means anything to you. Early on, yes, but he is coming into his own; recently, he even gets ahead of his cheat. I haven't checked the statistics, but I'm guessing this novel will easily run a couple thousand chapters. Not to mention it appears to be ranking #1 on QI translation polls.

11. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info its much appreciated! I don't know why I've been avoiding it (did the same for AWE until a few weeks ago) but I'll try to make it through the first 100 chapters till the style change to see if I'll enjoy the story to read to current updates.

12. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Have fun. I said the first hundred, but the real change is around when he has a competition
    against Lu Xun.
    :)

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  13. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh one more thing, I heard this story might have Martial Spirits in it, maybe not to the level of Douluo Dalu or Peerless Martial God and Invincible Conqueror but Martial sprits nonetheless, is this true?

chencking likes this.
  14. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...not to my knowledge. Very recently,
    the statue of Kong Shi - a famous historical figure - tried to take him as a disciple, and apparently it's not actually that unusual for his statue to take geniuses as disciples, but
    while I've seen special constitutions, prestigious bloodlines, tamed beasts and spirit beasts (I'm not sure how to describe them...they seem to be something like guardian beasts) I have not seen anything I would describe as a martial spirit.

Anyway, this isn't a novel where you think long and hard. The plot feels repetitive, but more importantly, the comedy is not. That is where the story shines. The plot is interesting, but it's not worth reading into like for Er Gen's or IET's novels, nor is the author trying hard to make everything new. He recycles some elements and works on others, and I think he does it very well. SOme side characters - especially the one-man peanut gallery - will just fade away, but in exchange some other characters stay with us. All in all, it's not perfect and mind-blowing, but the story is exactly what it needs to be.

I'm rambling, but hopefully my rambles tell you something.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Okuri Ookami likes this.