Recommendations Novel like 'The Novel's Extra' but better

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by If_It_Fits_It_Ships, Jul 7, 2022.

1. If_It_Fits_It_Ships

If_It_Fits_It_Ships Klein best boi

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title says, I'm looking for a novel that's similar to 'The Novel's Extra', and by similar I mean the interesting(?) bits like author MC transmigrates into his own novel---with his own unique authority and power belonging the him as the original author. It was a novel with an interesting premise, but the ending was... somewhat of a rick roll.
    Specifically, I'm looking for a novel with:
    • Transmigration/book wearing (ideally an author)
    • Powers/Skills unique to the MC as a transmigrator (similar to how Kim Hanjin has his authorities as the original book writer)
    • Romance (preferably)
    • NO bad endings (specifically those marked with tragedies, and, uh, endings like 'The Novel's Extra' and 'The Monster Who Levels Up' and some other novels with 'amnesia' and 'forgotten' ending where the MC's effort were all for naught as he loses all his progress).
    • Male protagonist
    Sorry for the bad English!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    lordmerlin likes this.
  2. phoenix107

phoenix107 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author's POV
    Its one of my all time favourite, with 2 ch daily upload, I bet you'll end up binge reading it.
    Its on the webnovel site tho you have to pay there after 70 chapters, you can also read for free on light novel pub.

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  4. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    The Demon Prince Goes To The Academy

5. If_It_Fits_It_Ships

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youu!

lordmerlin likes this.
  6. GlueGod

GlueGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trash of the Count’s Family - Unique skills and powers - he's incredibly weak early on but with the power of his team and knowledge of the book he's in he gets by. Also u got the same unknown future with how The Novel's extra had an editor and in this novel, mc has only read up to a certain point so there's that going for you.

My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending - comedic and simple but also has that psychological frustration to it - good novel

I personally think the above two are better than the novel's extra but the one's below are on par or sub par compared to it:
    The Second Coming of Gluttony - good stuff - gets real emotional y'know
    Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint - gets weird at times makes u wanna skip but all in all great stuff.

Also what's with everyone disliking the novel's extra ending? I thought it was fine with him losing his powers and just living it happily with Boss. Also if you're interested you can read the side stories recently released - where I think it goes to show Chae Nayun's regression and changes ig - not sure.

lordmerlin likes this.
  7. If_It_Fits_It_Ships

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!
    I think it just depends on the person... I mean for me, I think that both options would lead to a lose-lose situation since they both make the MC lose something—one is the world he came to love and the other is the powers he worked hard to obtain.

lordmerlin likes this.