Feature Request Novel Pickup Request by authors

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by bibi, Mar 18, 2018.

1. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling of improvement for the Novel Pickup Request.
    People who ask for a novel to be translated usually don't understand Mandarin, so have to ask for a novel to be translated.
    But we know the works of the authors that are translated, the quality of their work. So some of us want to see more of them, but we dont speak Mandarin. We can enter the page of the book, because the MT we understand a little about their other books ... but nothing more ...
    Would not it be the case to diversify a little more the way to request a translation?
    If so, could there be an option to ask to translate some book from author X, and not just the option to aply a book with a title and a description, both translated?

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm.png
    that too broad although I know what you mean
    not really effective way cuz most reader and or potential translator know more about a title rather than author~
    best way is you aks on novel general section and put brief summary about what you want~

example
    I know butterfly blue 3 novels but I want to ask about other title if they exist~ and if it possible translation of it~

3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't it just be enough to create a tag with the author's name? A novel pickup request should bring out the novel's good points so it'd get picked up. Quality is something that can be improved, just because the latest novel by an author is good doesn't mean that all their previous works could compare with it. If there are multiple works that one would like to bring to attention, just make threads for them and paste a link to each other in the threads.

EienMugetsuTensho likes this.