Discussion Novel Recommendations

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by aaaaaudrey, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaaaaudrey

aaaaaudrey Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife

[Redacted] (cannot post a link yet hhh)

I'm actually bloody impressed with this story.

As for why I'm so impressed, the relationship between the leads is healthy and without the rapey/problematic overtones one frequently finds in these kinds of romances. MC can kill her enemies without hesitation. No bullsh*t mercy or overthinking or any 'alright, I'll forgive you but the next time you do it blablablabla' insipid reason. Just be done with it, and cut the rotten grass till the root, burn the ground and sprinkle salt over it lmao.

Tho sideeyeing the very cliche 'meeting of fate' between the two FL ML.

I give thumb up for how the author still makes her mother involves/appears in the novel. I mean, other novels I read always throw those early support character byebye for now XD

And thank goodness, no ML appearance even after chapter 77! (just a few of them in early chapter). It's just simple story of a woman struggle. How a young girl tries hard to make her second life be different than before. To make a safe and mighty status so her mother and she wont be canon fodder again.

And because her initial business is with women's, most of the characters are women, no man (that much) ahahaha.

Anyway, strongly recommended~

Introduction as followed
    The Capital’s girls look on with hatred, “ You’re just a country girl without any knowledge. Do you have Cloud Shop’s clothes? Do you have Brilliant Treasure Pavillion’s jewellery? Do you even know how eminent and domineering the famous Yue Wang is? Mu Yunyao looked at them lazily, “ Cloud Shop? I opened it. Brilliant Treasure Pavillion? I opened it. As for Yue Wang…when are you returning my silver?” Yue Wang’s face was cold: “I will pay with my body.” (Wang means King. In this case, “Yue Wang” was a title given by the Emperor to his son.) After being reincarnated, Mu Yunyao believes in three things: One, do not have good intentions towards others. Two, do not let the enemy have the chance to rise again. Three, do not believe in feelings. Thus, she is merciless. She is fearless. She would rather have everything destroyed then to compromise for everything. However, after one fateful meeting, a cold-blooded prince keeps following her, silently plotting on making her his wife and bringing her back to pamper her…

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2020
    Maomaomao likes this.
  2. Fishmoth

Fishmoth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love this story!!!!!

aaaaaudrey likes this.
  3. Blondiebaka

Blondiebaka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it a modern girl reincarnated in ancient time kind of story?

4. the_rebel_

the_rebel_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually there is a manga on this novel in the web comics it is called “A Beauty, A Fatal Concubine”

aaaaaudrey likes this.
  5. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finished reading this novel, it is indeed very good.
    Mu Yunyao is indeed a great MC, and instead of the usual Ancient Cinese setting novel where a girl is dependant on her Prince, she do stuff herself, actually
    the prince is the one who is dependant on her.

I do recommend to read this novel with Princess Medical Doctor. Both have strong female mc, although PMD ML will later caused deep psychological shadow to mc, and is slightly worse compared to PPRW's ML despite both being in command of military.
    PMD MC often being wronged that make me cry orz

aaaaaudrey likes this.
  6. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's a rebirth story.

aaaaaudrey likes this.
  7. aaaaaudrey

aaaaaudrey Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep yep

8. aaaaaudrey

aaaaaudrey Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Surely check it later.(y)

9. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    They skipped a lot of things, and skipped the beginnings of the story though, such as when mc makes panoramic stitching. The costume Mu Yunyao made are absolutely georgeous, I love the golden butterfly and fireflies scene.
    I can't believe the manga skipped Madam Jin's (Cao Yunnian's wife) story and her family's shit, I liked Madam Jin. So in the manga Mu Yunyao seemed to be getting her favor easily, while in novel its shown why Mu Yunyao deserved those things.

aaaaaudrey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.