Resolved Novel releases not adding automatically

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by fallinghuayu, Jun 3, 2021.

1. fallinghuayu

fallinghuayu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm relatively new to translating, but I thought I would add my translations to NU for a wider audience to find. My group, Falling Huayu Translations, is translating The Earth is Online. For the first three chapters, I added the releases manually, but then I remembered that a post linked to the 'add release' page said that NU has bots that add releases automatically by searching through the RSS feeds of blogs.

I have since released chapter 4 and 5 of TEIO and tagged them properly, but the chapters have not been automatically added, and it's been a while since I released said chapters. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this so that each release gets added automatically?

Or if I'm doing something wrong, what the correct way to do it would be? Right now I've added my group and each release from my own profile (I didn't add the novel because it already exists).

Thank you in advance!

2. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    what is your main rss feed address? one that have all your chapters listed.

3. fallinghuayu

fallinghuayu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh no aghhh i think that might be my problem :( i've tagged each chapter, but when i click on the tag for each chapter, it brings me to something like 'chapter X / category / TEIO' and there's no 'main' feed that each chapter has in comment. for reference, the RSS link to chapter 1 is https:// fallinghuayutranslations.weebly. com/4/feed (spaces because i can't post links).

i post each chapter on a separate page rather than a single blog page for (what i thought was) convenience of readers, so i'm not sure if this is the cause of the problem. i also googled it and apparently chrome might be a possible problem as well? since apparently it doesn't have a built-in RSS reader.

i have a feeling that it might be because i post each chapter on a separate blog page so it seems like each chapter has its own separate RSS feed. is there any way to counteract this? or would it only be possible for the bot to see it if i added all the blog posts to one big page?

4. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm sorry. that's truly something i cannot help you with. i never use weebly before so i don't know how it's setting works. you might get better help by asking fellow translators.

while NU bot can works with multiple rss address per translator, yours as it is currently set up, are not.

5. fallinghuayu

fallinghuayu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ahhh i see, thank you though!! i'll ask around to see if i can fix it