Chinese Novel translated 3/4ths of the way but now dropped... hoping someone will pick it up!

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by sithkazar, Sep 4, 2020.

1. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Widow “Misses” Her Villainous Late Husband

Raw Link:
    I don't know, but the former translator could help. Novel was translated by Fans Translations up to chapter 31 (out of 40 raw chapters, chapters split in translation). Announcement of dropping it is at the bottom of the last release.

NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-widow-misses-her-villainous-late-husband/

Why It Should Get Picked Up: Its a shame to have a novel so close to completion and it get dropped. Plus we are just hitting the start of the climax of the story.

Description:
    You can read the NU description on the novel's page. In my own words:

When the novel starts the MC (Yu Duo) has transmigrated into a story where she is married to the male lead (Fu Sinian). He is a cold CEO type with black market/mob connections. She lives in fear playing the part of a dutiful wife because she knows that when he dies in a few years she will inherit his estate and be set. However, what she doesn't know is that Fu Sinian's "ghost" is still around and is learning all about his wife's hidden personality.

Obviously there is a lot more to the story since so much is already translated, but I do not want to spoil it for others. It reminds me a lot of Noble Wife Wants No Love. Both stories use a unique fantasy element for the cold ruthless male lead to start understanding their wife's point of view. That story gave the ML the ability to read his wife's thoughts, while this novel let Fu Sinian follow her around in spirit form. Both novels show a lot of character growth from the male leads, though this one hasn't shown the result of that yet.

2. Sinking Ship

Sinking Ship Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently finished translating another of this author's works, so I wouldn't mind picking this up.

Chiqi322, chindy02, strayCat0 and 4 others like this.
  3. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't this update a few hr ago

4. sithkazar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. They did a big update of all their reserved chapters. The drop notice is at the end of the last chapter.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  5. Sinking Ship

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I've looked at the raws and there really isn't too much work left to do. I'll use this weekend to skim over what the other translators have already done to familiarize myself with the context and so that I'll be able to keep all the nouns consistent. Once I'm done with that I will probably be able to get the next chapter translated by Monday or Tuesday next week if no one else picks it up before then.

6. sithkazar

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks awesome!!!

Ohmygosh.... I just realized that you are the translator for "Noble Wife Wants No Love" (which I very much enjoyed). I can't believe I compared the two novels to each other and didn't even realize they were the same author (I feel silly). I guess the author has a type of story they favor.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  7. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Enjoy yourself boys and girls!!!

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  8. sithkazar

Reading List:
    Link
    Fans Translation just posted a new chapter part with this message:

9. Sinking Ship

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I really only responded to this thread because someone DM'd me on discord. I'm not personally super enthusiastic about finishing the tiny little bit at the end of someone else's project so if they're gonna keep translating I'm not gonna bother trying to fight with them over it.

chindy02 likes this.
  10. sithkazar

Reading List:
    Link
    I really appreciate you offering. I don't know what they are doing. It sounds like they want to drop it.... I don't know. I'm just a fan that wants to know the end :_(

11. FleetingCloud

FleetingCloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, everyone we have decided to drop this novel but we will keep translating a chapter or two until someone pick this up.
    If you want to pick this up, just reply below. We will STOP translating immediately.

12. Deleted member 125960

Deleted member 125960 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  13. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This......

14. Sinking Ship

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I put it off because I wasn't sure what was going on but I guess I've officially picked this up now.

Next chapter is up here.