Discussion Novel Translation - Death Is The Only Ending For The Villain

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by the Legendary Frog, Sep 5, 2020.

1. the Legendary Frog

the Legendary Frog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like wattped deleted almost every translated version of this novel ㅠㅠ
    I used to reread it everyday now I'm crying. Even catlovestowels deleted her translation....

2. Red and Mad

Red and Mad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently only the first two links are still working, the others are gone:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

3. IsaacaHawke

IsaacaHawke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All 3 are opening for me though? But yeah, I noticed that catlovestowels deleted her version

4. the Legendary Frog

the Legendary Frog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last one is deleted, and I think the first one divided the chapters or something? Because what used to be chapter 85 when I read it on another account, isn't there now...

5. IsaacaHawke

IsaacaHawke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, for some reason the 3rd link is still there in my library & opening in my app, so that's why I got confused. I don't know about the chapters being divided though? Did I miss out on some chapters?

6. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    apparently some wannabe sjw jackass reported all translations of this novel on wattpad so now there's only like, two translations left that somehow missed the purge. so if you wanted chapters past 162 you'll probably have to wait. because SOME PEOPLE looooove ruining things for other people.

7. Ettoine

Ettoine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might be true but at the same time posting and translating stuff you dont own the license always have the possibility of being reported. To begin with Korean light novel are being reported and being asked to stop since other official site are translating them in English after buying the license. They maybe ruining the fun for free and poor readers that can't afford chapters that runs on paid coins system but at the same time we (free poor readers) are ruining the fun for the author that could profit more from a site or third party paying her than independent translators. (like i think what happened to Remarried Empress getting localized)

My point is I'm not saying independent translators are doing bad since they give the author a n international visibilty and I'm not saying those that are reporting are great people or bad. Since those that reports usually have a reason to do so: like respecting the author wishes or novel Naver requests of stopping translation or reporting those that repost story on watt pad without the translator permission or not accepting the rules that the translation group decided. (example: credit the group and not claim the translation as your own. etc)

My point is getting mad and throwing angry looks like someone did you wrong is quite uncalled for since just like manga sites, because there's always a chance the sources online that gives free stuff will subjected to report and even legal action (extreme cases like manga reader). My point it with stuff like these it should be expected and best option is move on from pointing fingers at those that report and search alternative ways or site to read the manga.

8. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well this is a SPOILER FORUM so i think i actually DO have the right to get mad bc our ready source of spoilers is getting cut off. i'm not saying i'm going to go out and yell at the author or official translators IF THEY EXIST on social media or anything but don't put down people's emotions just because you like to look superior. by the way if you care so much about the "official translators" why don't you provide us a link as appeasement instead of explaining a fact we all know and reluctantly accept? why don't you give us the author's official word on this? in the first place basically all free translators, unless they officially state the author gave them permission, have the risk of being reported, but that doesn't mean people have to do stuff like post on social media for clout, as many do, or disrupt the balance where the author graciously looks the other way with translations on the internet they don't go looking for and people get to know stories and then decide to support the author because korea's naver, munpia, etc. are so unwelcoming towards international audiences and require korean credit cards, passports, addresses, phone numbers, etc. to access their stuff.

9. Ettoine

Ettoine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please, don't misunderstand and don't put words on my behalf. I never said that you are angry at the author since its pretty clear you're angry at whoever is reporting rather than how Korean reading site handle their services.
    tho recently they themselves have started to slowly open to Western consumers now throught webtoon and other site where they translate some novels in English like what happened with remarried empress and other novels through other media— same goes with Japanese free reading site. Still localizing a novel takes time and editors and curators have to think twice if it worth investing. Usually everything is planned out at the start of the year this is for physical books while digital novels is another story since the chances that localized chapters being pirated around like what happens with lezhim chapters: one buys, millions use... And from a publisher view it's more profitable investing in series that have already a strong fandom behind that will still buy that novel even when raws is online or in progress(take sao, overlord,...). So localizing take in consideration how the serie is received by the readers first of the native language. Usually there or two years later from first release.

However, in this lapse of time there are independent online translators that will unofficially post the the chapters online giving major visibility of the serie. Thus from the publisher view if they decided to publish 200000 copies chances are it won't sell everything and that's a huge lost. Thus it's more better to invest in work that is still on progress aka the unofficial translation in Internet haven't caught up with the original work or is going along side with it at the same time if it's a digital work. (like with Lezhin ) thats why it takes generally a few years before it is decided to finally translate that serie (aka when the publisher can approximately determine how much the serie can sell). Picking random stories that have just been released has a higher risk of uncertainty of how the selling will go. While if the first previous books sells well it's okay to publish immediately the next or new works of the author since he/she already created his/her own readers. Investing on unknown writers and especially foreign one takes more time (usually amateur writer that wins contests are the ones gets the okay). And license aren't cheap.
    (Btw, currently working in this area and usually that's how the decisions are determined when we plan what to publish in year X. Like when a serialization of a book for teenagers was stopped because it wasn't selling enough aka different from not selling.) Not to mention korean, Chinese and Japanese novels/work generally don't have a wide target it's more a niche. The fandom is bigger online like this but in prospect of actual readers willing to pay and buy its a small niche.

My guess is that they keep Korea novel sites not apportable worldwide because they can profit more when the chapters is out in korea/jap .... since translating in English takes more time on the other hand if it's in English or if it's easily accessible using credit cards the chances of it being spread for free is much faster while if it's in korean / japanese it needs to be searched out and from I've seen in manga site and novel site the majority of the Western readers don't know how to search raws or the original source. This gives a chance to hook potential readers to still buy trough coins etc their works in case english reading site decide to buy the license if the works.

Plus from what I can tell Korean novels is not suffering heavily in the market given that it reaches international audience even without localizing their works.
    There's another factor of refusing the localization of work's: some company are simply not interested in international market of their work. Take Rejet (a company of japenese otome) no matter the success the work receive worldwide example: Diabolik lovers they don't want it to get localized. And I think I can say NovelNaver is doing the same maybe with some exceptions, example some of their work is localized through games (maybe interactive which is super expensive).
    That said with light novel their localizing also depend of the fame of the work. In fact it's more common seing anime novels on books shelves rather than some unknown new serie.
    Anyway, on wattpad reporting is already a common occurrence especially with posted light novel and books. ( I have never reported or been reported there so perhaps the possibility to go against a report are not much given that they took down many series).
    I repeat things like these are expected to happens. If one of source of the spoilers aka translation went missing you can always ask someone if they have it on backup. Since to begin with it's harder to delete completely what have been posted in Internet.
    Lastly please don't direct your anger on others.

Have a good day.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  10. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me where i should read the chapters after 144
    I couldnt find the other chapters :cry:

11. Cecilliarustcle

Cecilliarustcle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep it but it's not English

CerrystionlamoniQue likes this.
  12. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know Korean:cry::(
    Is there any possibility that I can find other chapters if everything cool down right now I heard korean author and artist are hunting down the translation

13. Mercyliana

Mercyliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, yeah. Actually, it's okay since the authors do that to make money and if we translate it without permission they obviously will mad, there's an official for that but it will be different when we upload on illegal sites. Even if we follow the official updates, many of the illegal translators don't put their names for credits. Well, this is only my opinion, so if you think this wrong, it's okay. They make the story not just to have fun but it's their job.

To all that reports all the illegal translation, well you did great for the authors but I think they alert them not report. There are many kinds of people...

Cecilliarustcle likes this.
  14. validate220

validate220 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all of the enthusiastic translators. :blobmelt:
    Cause i don't know Korean so it is the only way I can get to know those interesting stories.

If the publisher can provide official English translation to purchase that will be great too.

bclau18 likes this.
  15. Spade_Ladyz

Spade_Ladyz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gawd guys we have a really bad new here... Not only CatLoveTowels- the main translator of DITOEFTV, who seems to had the OFFICIAL AGREEMENT from the author of this novel, deleted her translation on Wattpad. And then Eiffelyanaw, the second translator whose translated it to the end, also got deleted. And ALL of the translators DELETED THEIR WORK! WHAT DA HEKK!
    Oh shiet this is not a coincidence anymore, the producer of this novel from Korean had officially reach out and cut off all of the translations in English, we better be careful not to share any of the illegal translation from now on, guys. I'm terrified. :sushi_chubby:

(*Edit: Sorry for the false information, but I assumed that CatLovesTowels has the agreement of the original author as she gladly replied to her inquiry, and her translation was not reported as any other translators, either. So lots of reader hastily assumed that she has the agreement from the start, including me.)

P/s: There are still one or two translations hasn't been found out yet, but I don't wanna get sued so. . .

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  16. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder about the spoilers inside this forum.. What I afraid the most is that they are trying to hunt here :cry:...

I'm not even finishing reading the translation...

I do know that wattpad now is a dangerous place thank to the hunt (I even send DMs to some brats who rip the archmage's daughter from kkp id so they delete the illegal rip because the author is hunting again. They didn't edit n just screenshot the official translation and ignorant about the recent issue), the other translators experienced similar things, too.

We had to be very very careful :cry:

17. Anna McAvoy

Anna McAvoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i was on the middle of reading ch158 and bang the link shut down like a flash, and just in the best part XD D;;;;

Juli Kidman likes this.
  18. aitakm1

aitakm1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did CatLovesTowels say they had a Official Agreement with the author? I remember they did say that they asked the author on how to pronounce/spell a name, and from that a lot of people assumed that they did, but did CatLovesTowels ever directly say that both of them had an agreement?

AND IM SOO SAD. THERE WERE ONLY LIKE 45 CHAPTERS LEFT ON THE TRANSLATIONS I WAS READING.

I understand why the author took them down, but at least give us a way where we can read decent English translations too T^T

Korea is more strict than Japan when it comes to this, but WARNING: I heard Japan was going to begin to become more strict as well.

Everything is being taken away from me
    :cry::cry:

19. Cecilliarustcle

Cecilliarustcle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know of some facts that the reason the hunt for illegal translators was because they (author/ artists) were disappointed after someone gave a tweet, that they didn't just post without permission, the illegal translator also posted a donation link for their hard work.

Honestly, illegal or legal I support both (neutral). because everytime I like something I'll look for it until I find it doesn't matter if it's paid or not (I can also support author/ artist too). But sometimes legal sites cut some scenes for some reason that annoys me and turns to illegal reading. (sometimes on the legal site the update takes a long time, while illegal is very fast)

20. callistobestboi

callistobestboi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this frikkin sucks im at chapter 172 already ughh whyyyy ?!!!
    does anyone know what the translators plan to do? Are they gonna post the translations again after some time or just not at all? Only Wattpad had the decent translations, anywhere else
    the translation’s like gibberish TT

Hillbilly_fujo and Mercyliana like this.