Discussion Novel Translation - Death Is The Only Ending For The Villain

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by the Legendary Frog, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Vanessanellyn

Vanessanellyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still haven't read the story :cry:
    Is there any way I can read DITOEFTV?

2. mv.ab

mv.ab New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG is it still there somewhere? All novels I was reading suddenly started do vanish in the abyss...

3. Ettoine

Ettoine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uff, I didn't know the discussion was switched here.
    It's true the translator put their hardwork but they don't own the license of the serie or the consent of the author.

Donation and selling are two different things but they still deal with money and one must consider that the author doesn't write for fun but to make a living. My point is even if you have a part on it (translating) you still don't own the source material thus giving the author every right to call a lawsuit when others make money of her work without her knowledge (donation is considered making money):blobsleepless:

I think what make people take an aggressive action is when money is involved.
    Take out current situation, due to lockdown courses are online, one of the professors of the master course I'm in allowed people to record his lesson and they can do whatever they want with it. However, when he learnt that one of the students posted all the record on video then asking people to donate so he can post more, the professor called a lawyer.
    Donation can be seen as asking money to help with services;... in this case the translator don't own 100% the material since they didn't have the consent of the author.

I've seen group translation groups asking donation before but didn't get caught in the same purge that "DEath is the only end for the villainess" went through. My guess is that the author of the work those groups were working on didn't know their existence.:blobflag:

Anyway, I don't know what was the intention of the person that Twitted the screenshot to the author but if it was to promote the group, that clearly backfire.:blobconfounded:

For those translating, I'm really sorry and I am sad that this is happening (I planned to read the novel again but I only find up to ch100...) yet I really advise to laylow. The worst scenario is them being sued so stay safe everyone. And thank you for all the hardwork. :blob_patpat:

...like others said, copyright is no joke.
    Even when I did a project on how to publish and deal with deciding the cover of a book during my university days if you own something that you didn't make (even an effin drawing or dot, you fail the exam) it was a grave error. And when I went on a training period in an Advertising company a woman that didn't know she used a small seemingly harmless logo of an arrow was fired because the owner later called and asked money for improper use. (take into account that she used the logo on an advertising poster that was later printed a dozens time. The very same day they took down the poster but note printing and materials arent cheap so it was a huge lost).

You can play around it but if you start asking money, the original owner can either be cool with it or take an aggressive approach.
    Apparently the translator didn't meant or post the donation however I think the author is just angry at the donation part... if she really hated people translating she would have taken a step before since translated posts of the webtoon are all over Twitter and YouTube. :blobhyperthink:So yeah she definitely angry at those asking donation or just the idea of other getting money when she the author doesn't i think. Ofc this is just an assumption.
    I think YouTube have the same policy. You can use other people's songs but you don't have the right for revenue.

Celesdreams and Sundayblues98 like this.
  4. RODRIGOnns

RODRIGOnns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont know if it adds something to the discuss but i think wattpad got a lot of novesl taken out... some translations i used to read also werent there anymore...

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I've seen wattpad do, they tend to remove first, clarify later. It won't be the first time I encounter a case where a novel is removed only to be re-add later after the uploader clarify the matters. We don't know who reported such things so who knows if it's really someone from the publisher side, people faking credentials or just a flood of fan reports.

Shio, Spade_Ladyz and RODRIGOnns like this.
  6. Ettoine

Ettoine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the others got scared....
    Not from novels but I've seen a similar pattern on visual novels:
    Starry sky there was patch and they were about to publish the second game but they were allerted and warned by the game company.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.siliconera.com/starry-sky-summer-fan-translation-cancelled/amp/
    https://slator.com/industry-news/stop-localizing-or-we-will-sue/
    I don't remember well since its been years but after they were asked to stop, I read other groups ceased their patch projects.

Ofc there are still patches going a round like in the vita but generally the majority of players don't want to modify their consoles due to being banned etc. And plus not many own the vita

Or worst scenario the thing wig Death is the only endingfor the villainess made other authors take actions.... But we'll never learn if we don't know the story of both sides... ~

7. Nissi

Nissi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww this got taken down too : /

8. bclau18

bclau18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You said it all. I would be willing to pay but their site is crappy and doesn't allow people from my Country to use it!

sophiecool05 likes this.
  9. puu264

puu264 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Webnovel.com an official platform? They release DITOEFTV but the latest chp is 27. However they still make all chaps free. I should consider it quite generous bcs usually they only give free chp up to 10 chps

Its a pity that i only follow updates on NU so i only knew today that someone already translate all of DITOEFTV chps hhu

sophiecool05 likes this.
  10. voiceintheblue

voiceintheblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh I didn't know that, maybe that was the actual reason for all the translations going down?

But what a shame, I was really hoping there'd be a chance for a physical release like "I'm An Evil Stepmother, But My Stepdaughter Is Just Too Cute!" cause seriously, this series deserves one..Not to mention I'm not a fan of official releases that are online access only. If anything an ebook!

sophiecool05 likes this.
  11. ike_00000

ike_00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AHHH I didn't even realize there were other chapters available???? I just remember there was a MissKitty or something that posted almost 100 chaps, but then it got deleted one day and CatLovesTowels was behind. Shoot if I knew it was fully translated somewhere else I would've looked for it.... too late now though :'(

Does someone have some copy saved somewhere??? pls pity lil me ahh I know it's a bad idea to post on a public forum like this but PM or email at [email protected] if possible!!

12. mv.ab

mv.ab New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pshhh did you get it? Also looking for the translations here.....

13. Lindbergh.baby

Lindbergh.baby New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, does anyone know where I can find all chapters? Translated? I really wanna know what will happen next

14. Kameiso

Kameiso New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems only up to chapter 105 is available now and all the rest have been deleted ;( I am also trying to find any chapter but no luck ;((((

15. Red and Mad

Red and Mad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, racently Tapas confirmed that it would translate the manhwa into English. The release date will be October 31. In fact, Tapas already translated the prologue: https://tapas.io/series/villains-are-destined-to-die

In my opinion, I liked the DITOEFTV title more than the one that gave it Tapas, but I don't dislike either.

I hope that with this more people get to know the manhwa, because then they will probably read the novel and we will be more people who want to buy it... Ah, I really want to buy the physical novel in English :blobcat_hyper:

Astaroth likes this.
  16. Thyy

Thyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And the animation is so good

17. Mercyliana

Mercyliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like Tapas, because they change the titles until like that.

ariella.yap likes this.
  18. MinaCheyo

MinaCheyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are sites that provides all the chapters..
    But, the quality is.....

19. Athy

Athy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah exactly... I've been reading up to chapter 110 or something but it started to get MTL and the chapters were incomprehensibles ToT
    I'm willing to pay and I don't care on which platform it is, as long as the translation is decent... If only we had a confirmation if the novel is ever going to get licenced and if so, when.
    Obviously no one is going to share advanced and decent translations here. It's quite mortifying to have had once access to a completly translated novel just to be left with indigestible crumbs.

20. foodiedaemon

foodiedaemon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link