Recommendations Novel with light story/ no heavy plot

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Fairlady1996, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Fairlady1996

Fairlady1996 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always enjoy novel with light plot and funny. It doesn't matter if the story was long but it must be simple and not complex like rebirth of malicious empress from military lineage. It good for the novel to be easy to read, some novel had a really talented author who could create thousand of hidden conflict and flowery words which i can't followed at all.(crime and scheme that was so serious and rigid)

To be virtuous wife and eight treasure had really high rating but i could felt that the plot was complicated especially with ancient drama plot so i be reluctant to read. Is it had heavy plot? Is it funny?

Light novel that i like and my cup of tea (strong female protagonist, cold male lead, overpower protagonist, child care, cute story, light novel, a good laughable story) : reborn of the heroic wife. (not a fan of ancient novel but this is really funny and easy to understand every plot), Rebirth in front bureau civil , reborn as my enemy's wife, transmigration raising the male lead's son, she become sweet and cuddly, wife of invisible president, our second young master, every vicious woman need a loyal man,

Story with unique plot is really good. I hate to read story that 100% focussed on romance and scum male lead who wavered back and forth. No harem!. Like struggle in entertainment style, modern , tranmigration, rebirth, apocalyse, disabilities

-i must said that the synopsis of more than half novel is really disappointing, mostly just sentence about love which was basically the same of other romance book. So i had to ask for ya opinions.

2. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnated as the villainess father

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  3. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    ETT is pretty good. I'd say it's a bit more lighter than TBAVW. It does have some heaviness but not too heavy and our main couple's relationship can be quite amusing at times because FL is arguably the physically stronger one in the relationship (putting aside the natural difference between men and women physically). ML is very much a scholar type so it's actually a fairly even relationship for it's type of novel, leaning towards the FL having a bit of dominance in things (within the cultural boundaries of the setting)

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  5. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    Done reading it,i think only half. Because i felt like it all about loving each other and the father was being to drastically change that it felt illogical.

They do have a high rating. Ascending, Do Not Disturb is the same author as heroic wife. I hope the cultivation is not as boring as other novel and funny like the heroic wife novel. Legend of Sun Knight ,is it good romance, why the cover had two protagonist men?

Ah, it because i had my dose of reading ancient scheme novel that i felt like it was practically had the same cliche plot. It hard to find story that exceed your expectations. That why i was looking for unique character or unique plot. I will give it a try. :blobpopcorn_cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2019
    nevelvir likes this.
  6. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    You're asking for less complicated novels, so i think you don't need to think about these illogical things or it will just end up being complicated
    Just accept it that people will drasticly change after near death experince (happen IRL too, like became more relogious)

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  9. wookiesmuggler1

wookiesmuggler1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. nevelvir

nevelvir Master Sleepers

Reading List:
    Link
    Will Bakarina do? It's simple enough and, um, funny read :blobpeek:

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  11. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of Sun Knight didn't really have a love interest lol. The MC's image as sun knight didn't allow him to flirt with woman since he's supposed to be devoted to his god.

Anyway, Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu was great too. It's light hearted with no angst. There's little romance tho.

The two title you mentioned have heavy plot. They are not too heavy with drama and angst, but they are definitely on serious side.

The only light hearted cultivation and ancient times story that I have ever read & didn't turn into drama fest on the later half was Ascending, Do Not Disturb.

If you want light hearted story, it's easier to find in Korean's "I am the daughter of..." type of story or Japanese's "I reincarnated into villains....." story. They are more fluffy than chinese drama in general. (Except if you are ok with bl. Chinese bl tend to be more light hearted somehow)

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  12. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a hardcore fujoshi. Maybe because in my opinion, bl story is short(like less than 100 chapter) but it was so much funny than hetero novel. Maybe because the involvement of women drama and plot,i myself not a fan of this tear jerking and stupid romance. Im done reading lot, and i mean it, lots of bl story. Change my taste a bit but it hard to enjoy light hearted hetero novel. I always felt , ah~ ,this is boring, the woman are so stupid. No humour sense.

I especially like the misunderstanding bl like : everybody think i like him, don't you like me, love stop rumour.

The whole story is so funny i reread it many times. I don't know if hetero novel had story with this concept of 'misunderstanding' and the plot is really good despite it had less than 100 chapters. Hetero novel mostly had 300 chapters and there even 1000+, how can you read that many chapter :blob_catflip:. 300 is already my limit if the story is good. More would drag the story far from the core plot easy to make it looked like a boring drama.

13. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Virtual World: Peerless White Emperor
    It does have a deeper, mysterious side... you can completely ignore it though. Basically, the guy is a OP killer with a tragic backstory and is a failed clone.
    Light chemistry with a beautiful guy for gags, but not much. My favorite part is when he talks down to his opponents and "teaches" them. Like, this one girl had a bad lisp so, in the middle of the fight, he fires off tongue twisters and smugly challenges her to do the same.

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  14. Szara

Szara Your average American Psycho

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooohh, I also like those stories!

My favorite misunderstanding-comedy right now is ‘The Demon King Always Thinks I’m Secretly in Love with Him’

As the title states, the ML thought MC liked him after the MC groped his butt one time :blob_grin: He’s a huge narcissist with a big ego, who is easily jealous, but he really dotes on MC and love him lots :aww:

Hmm... I really enjoy ‘Your Majesty Please Calm Down

The MC is a girl who pretends to be a eununch. The Emperor thinks she’s a little gay pervert... until he begins to fall for “her” in disguise and starts to have a GAY PANIC CRISIS :blobsweat:

I hesitate to recommend it because you said you don’t like harems. This is a historical novel, so the Emperor does have a harem (this is before he met her). However, his other concubines aren’t often mentioned much, and the story’s mostly funny stuff that happens between her and the Emperor.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Fairlady1996 likes this.
  15. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha,, oh, the demon king bl novel sound good, i need to try it later. Since bl will be so funny.

Your Majesty Please Calm Down, i will try it too. Yeah, ancient always had harem ,it good if it not focus too much on concubine story.

Oh, it male protagonist? I rarely read one. But if it was funny and shameless protagonist ,i will try it.

It really had reverse harem? Many male lead?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2019
    Szara likes this.
  16. Szara

Szara Your average American Psycho

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention my other favorites:

“Non-human Sub-district Office”—
    ML is a magical beast who pretends to be a dog as he lives with MC. It’s sweet slice-of-life story.

“The World Has Gone Crazy”—
    MC is a “sTrAiGhT bOi” who dies of a heart attack and transmigrates into the body of gay guy. His old childhood friend (who had always been secretly in love with him) finds this new person to be suspicious...

“Begging You to Break Off this Engagement!”—
    The MC and the ML (whom the MC sees as an enemy) both transmigrates into the past and find out they’re engaged to each other. A sweet slice-of-life story about two modern people struggling to live in the past. (And *GASP*, they’re both poor! Oh, the horror! :blobscream:)

Anyway, the ‘DemonKing’ novel is still currently my #1 though :aww: but these other ones are worth adding to your reading list if you ever happen to run out of stories to read while waiting for updates...

@Fairlady1996 And yeah, I hate palace-concubine drama too, :blobpensive: but they’re not the main focus of that story so it’s bearable.

EDIT— — —

Oh yeah, and “President Our Egg is Lost” & “A Guide to Raising Your Natural Enemy” — Both are sweet fluff, low drama.

...Gosh, this is getting long, I might as well have linked my BL reading list :blobsweat_2:

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  17. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The guy is completely shameless. He saves three sister goddesses and then basically makes them an idol group to get people to join their faith.
    The story starts with the introduction of the trio (white-haired MC, Hulk-like "little" brother who is surprisingly smart, and Bad Ideas Lele) as they complain about being banned from combat training. I mean, all they did was sneak attack an instructor, strip him naked, tie him onto a raft and place a shock grenade under his arse. Then, when people tried to save the instructor and got shocked they repeated their actions on the new victims.

18. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahha, i think i had read begging to break off engagement, the mc a bit spoiled but the ml is such a patient man taking care of him.this funny too. I remember the mc tried to use rough paper tree to wipe his butt (there no advance technology there for toiletries) after **** and he can't walk straight :blob_catflip: because his butt is swollen. And male lead give him medicine :blobjoy:. It had slow update:blobdead:
    I've read the last three novel there. Yeah! It really fluffy and funny, suit my taste.

Non human district looks like similar to daily life of wealthy woof (really funny as hell and cute~~)

Demon king sound the best. At that time it because of slow update i dont read this novel. Look like chrysanthemum garden pick it up. I hope it would be update regularly.

The world gone crazy i think i read only a few chapter and forgot to continue.

Some novel is so good but they are very few translated chapter :blobsob:

Szara likes this.
  19. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fairlady1996 likes this.
  20. nevelvir

nevelvir Master Sleepers

Reading List:
    Link
    Um— as I understand it, she is still the fiancée of the Prince, but her harem members (girls, boys, oldies, youngsters) are trying hard to steal her away; so I don't know if you consider it as harem or a fanclub :blobmelt:

Fairlady1996 likes this.