Recommendations Novel with overpowered ambitious FL who wants more power (to conquer a kingdom or build an empire)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Lenko, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Lenko

Lenko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all!

There are many novels and manga with strong and smart FL. But in most cases these FL have some limited ambitions: protect family or lover, revenge, have a peaceful life or just protect her kingdom.

But there are very few examples, where female lead's goal is absolutely power: to become a queen, to build an empire and conquer as much lands as possible and so on. To become most powerful ruler in the world.

The only example I know that fits is Medea from "Your throne".

Of course, to achieve this goal FL should be really exceptional: very smart, very scheming, very strong (both morally and physically). Physical strength is very important for me :)

Would be glad for any recommendations!

2. Lenko

Lenko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really, no examples besides Your throne? :(

3. Addictedtoreading

Addictedtoreading Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do now a few where women are quite ambitous and become powerful leaders, but know none that really fit your bill like wanting to conquer other lands etc.

I've gone through my reading lists and added a few. You can check if there's something that appeals to you.

Refusing love as a queen - reborn, previous life killed, now she manipulates everyone, as queen she creates a powerful empire.
    Ghost Emperor Wild Wife: Dandy Eldest Miss - ML is quite OP, but in the end MC is more powerful than ML. She becomes the most powerful in the world with her own sect. ML is quite obedient to MC from the beginning.
    The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage
    Reborn wife is invincible - MC becomes head of an underground organisation, pretty powerful. She is the dom in relationship with ML. He even likes it when she punishes him. Becomes very influential.
    The End Of The World’s Poisonous Mom And Monster Baby - Apocalyptic novel, newborn son is zombie. Creates own territory in the world, reversed harem
    Chronicles of the Bitch Queen trilogy by K.S. Villoso - published series. Haven't read it myself, but might suit your description
    The Frozen Crown by Greta Kelly, published book

You might also check out these manga
    Saver
    Basara
    Tokyo Crazy Paradise - MC is crazy strong
    Song of the Long March - story is on hiatus, author is in conflict with publisher, but I find MC quite interesting
    Anatolia Story - was doubting if I should add this. Check tags/reviews before reading

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    Lenko likes this.
  4. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Empress’ Livestream
    This fits the OP like a glove. The book is firmly based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and the protagonist leads one of these kingdoms to conquer the others. This book has a lot of politics and war and she's the one leading all of those armies and directing the government's policies.

Heroic Wife Reborn
    The protagonist isn't really a ruler, and her goals don't have much to do with politics or conquest, but she's also absolutely certain that she will inherit her father's kingdom and that if there's a single ruler for all the kingdoms, she will be that ruler. She would also beat up any of her brothers who want to contest this, and it doesn't matter if they're still children!

For a Prosperous World
    The protagonist doesn't have any personal ambition for herself. She has no interest in ruling over anything, and she has no interest in being famous or anything like that. But as the book itself brings up, her overall goals are more ambitious than any of the actual rulers in the story, and to realize these goals, she ends up being very influential in both war and politics.

I beg to differ. While the story may seem at the start to be about the protagonist fighting against her previous life's husband, the story doesn't stick to this, and it makes a hard turn to make this conflict irrelevant.

Taruna and Lenko like this.
  5. Lenko

Lenko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for recs! Will check them :)

6. snooppyed

snooppyed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Unprecedented Pill Refiner: Entitled Ninth Young Lady - most of the novel is the MC just wanting people to stop bothering her while she regains her pre-transmigration cultivation, but in the last third of the novel she does establish a kingdom.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/14167/metaworld-chronicles - due to having a super rare, almost "taboo" affinity, the MC's mentor suggested that instead of hiding, she should get so good with it and be so high profile that nobody can touch her. The MC current aim is to get the qualification to establish her own Mage Tower for the Mageocracy. A Mage Tower is essentially a mobile fortress for independently governing (mostly) and protecting a region, which for her would be a frontier she'll open in the danger zone.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    Lenko likes this.
  8. Heruelen

Heruelen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vanity - Supergirl fanfic by JYN044 on AO3, mostly Lena / Kara romance, but also a story about very smart, very scheming and very strong Lena Luthor trying to take over the world.

Reborn form the Cosmos - by Azazel E on Royalroad. Smart, scheming and very, very strong FL. Although MC is not very interested in politics, due to her power, she is getting more and more involved in it.

Also, consider "Cyteen", published science fiction novel by C. J. Cherryh. It's literally about very smart and extremely ambitious (sadly, of average physical strength) young woman trying to take control of part of the government.

Lenko likes this.
  9. Lenko

Lenko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!