Resolved Novels are not showing new releases and on reading list have marked older chapters as the latest

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by bokumikk, Jul 28, 2018.

1. bokumikk

bokumikk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Few novels that I'm following are not showing up on "latest releases" list and have older chapters being marked as latest release on the reading list, even though there are newer releases available.

Mentioned novels: Gourmet from another world; Almighty coach; Gourmet food supplier.

There might be more, just wanted to draw attention to the problem.

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    chapters with ads from qidian aren't shown now since they made it so you need an account to view them. Accountwalled chapters are against Ni's policy so they won't appear

Bad Storm and bokumikk like this.
  3. bokumikk

bokumikk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, didn't know that they changed it like that. Thx for letting me know, would've bugged the hell out of me

Bad Storm, Nom de Plume and Blitz like this.
  4. Xicor333

Xicor333 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so i understand that the policy is not to make links to their adwalled content... but some of us just use the site to keep track of what chapter we are on. i really dont care about having the links to these, i just want to know what ch. i'm on. Is there no way for novelupdates to just keep track of the most recent chapter in this situation but dont give a link?

5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    You can enable manual reading lait and perform it yourself

6. Xicor333

Xicor333 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not a solution for the following reasons :
    1. Manual reading is incredibly inconvenient as it cannot be enabled alongside those nice buttons that update and keep track for you.
    2. You can't enable it for a subset of the novels, it is only all or none
    3. If you enable it and change the chapter for a novel, when you turn it off(expecting it to save), it just resets back to the "latest chapter"... Which is obviously wrong, since you went to manual reading to change it in the first place

7. fteg123

fteg123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can use the webnovel (Qidian) site to keep track of the novels/chapters you read on there. (you need to make an account, then go to library --> history. Your chapter is saved on webnovel [QI] only if you are using your account to read.)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  8. Xicor333

Xicor333 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sure... but i'm not reading them on qidian for the same reason that this site doesnt list their chapters. Plus, webnovel consistently forgets what chapter you are on when it bugs out... i always end up having to look it up on novelupdates to see where i was.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018