Recommendations Novels like Isaac

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by eryafii, Jun 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. eryafii

eryafii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isaac
    This novel seems like a novel written by a teenager at first glance but as the story progressed, it was not as YA as I expected. At around chapter 70, it was explained that childish politics was actually something bigger and the scope was not fully tackled on my part.

So here's what I'm looking for:
    • Scheming Protagonist - that does not face-slap people from start to end of the novel all the time. In Isaac, the MC goes overboard with his actions to test the waters. And based on his analysis, does unpredictable things.
    • Smart MC - I don't ask for much but please don't make her or him brain dead.
    • Politics - Where things are not as they seem at first glance. One action has multiple meanings and consequences. As much as possible, the structure somewhat resembles kingdom/empire.
    • Please, no xianxia.

2. eryafii

eryafii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, I've read Princess Medical Doctor and it's the next realistic fiction in my list. The realistic part of this novel is that ML's attitude as a person who lives in the ancient world and one that doesn't trust easily.

3. chiakiss

chiakiss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kusuriya no Hitorigoto checks every item on your list, except i think ithe protagonist is more involved into the murder-mystery side of things than the political side ( but politics is discussed, since the murder happen with political figures, and she works in the palace). No xianxia, setting is in a kingdom ( tho eastern), smart MC, but not too op or face- slappy (is that a word? lol)
    It's one of my favorite novels, but beware that the story is very intricate, so many times the mysteries are "half-solved" in the beggining and there's still a lot of unanswered questions, but then like 20 chapters later it comes up again and you see it's related to this other thing happening, and it finally gets answered. just saying because i got a bit lost in the beggining lol. But it's a great novel

TXHY likes this.
  4. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. LeakLeaf

LeakLeaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you want the most badass dark motherfker out there you just read Gu master that shit has schemes in schemes when one thing gets revealed it just means it hides 20 other things that would blow on your face if you don't plan enough

6. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kingdom's bloodline -schemes, politics, atmosphere