Recommendations Novels Like Spirit Cultivation(R-18)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by TitanAnteus, Jul 21, 2020.

1. TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in a lewd mood and want a sexually explicit mature novel like Spirit Cultivation.

What I want is a novel with a good world and good protagonist. And by good, I mean I want a protagonist like Xuefeng who values the lives of others, and is a generally nice person who thinks about the feelings of others.

EDIT: I guess I need to specify a bit more when I say I want a good protagonist. If the MC rapes a woman, he's not a good protagonist. By good I mean the traditional definition of a good person.

I don't mind if they're ruthless and take lives when the situation calls for it.

I really appreciate the fact that the heroines are there in his life throughout his cultivation journey. No one gets left behind.

Not saying Spirit Cultivation is perfect as it has significant flaws, but I quite enjoyed the story's balance of R-18 elements and action elements.

Sexually I DEFINITELY prefer aggressive girls, but I know that's rare so if you can't think of any that's fine. As long as emotionally the protagonist is still putting in the work.

I would appreciate any help given.

EDIT EDIT: For more examples of the stuff I'm looking for. Something like Reversed Parallel World's Messiah, or Yandere Megami No Hakoniwa.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Sabruness likes this.
  2. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What flaws you believe it has???

3. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh Womanizing Mage? It has r-18 contents though bot sure if it would suit you. Haven't read spirit cultivation so I'll try it now that i know of it.

4. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    The Pleasure Lord

atestoh likes this.
  5. TitanAnteus

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, I'll go into it.
    First, the author's sense of pacing is a bit off. He constantly sets objectives for his characters only to derail them 2 seconds later. When he sets up for major arcs that look like they might last for a while, they end in about 2 or 3 chapters. Like a tournament that ends after 1 fight.

Second, the heroines blend into the background. This is really only a problem, I find in chinese based novels in my experience, but major characters are introduced and join the harem, then just disappear. Princess Shan for instance has almost no presence at all, and the author favors the elf queen Nuwa so heavily that she crowds out everyone else. In Japanese novels like Unlimited Fafnir(R-15), Lazy Dungeon Master(R-15), and Maou Gakuen no Hangyakusha(R-18?) this never feels like a problem.

Third, the erotic elements of the novels are super predictable. A lot of the sex scenes start with the girl taking the lead, usually with a BJ/HJ... (I'm not sure if there's any paizuri in the story. Heck I don't even like feet but maybe some of that would change things up.) Then it goes into the protagonist wildly swinging his hips and cumming. Or if the author wants to be spicy, the girl rides him, then the protagonist switches it back and wildly swings his hips till he cums. There are no creampies while the girls ride him. This is just a personal sexual preference tho. I think as a writer, writing what you want is important.
    One thing though, is that I feel that he needs to really go into long detail for the sex stuff. I think there's a place in his story for those long scenes for sure, but if he also wrote shorter scenes that emphasize one aspect of the erotic play he can actually make me believe that his heroines are sex fiends. As of now, they all come across as relatively sexually abstinent, outside of Nuwa who the author gives A LOT of special preference too.

Fourth is combat. The growth in the combat isn't exciting enough. The protagonist gets access to elements, but it doesn't drastically change his fighting style. He gets clones, but barely uses them. It's like the author's just giving the protagonist abilities so the author can use them later "just in case" he needs to. This takes away the battle identity of the protagonist. Light Novels like Rakudai Kishi, and XianXia like Martial World handle the combat aspect of the story MUCH better.

That being said, I love how well written the characters are as you get to know them. They all have personalities, that make you want to see more. I love the world he's built, and I love the fact that the protagonist is filial to his parents. I absolutely love that the protagonist is a good person. So many protagonists are selfish, conceited or just assholes to the people around them. Xuefeng is none of those things and is extra respectful towards women. I like him a lot.

TypeFantasyHeart likes this.
  6. TitanAnteus

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the recommendation, but I wanted a good protagonist.
    Protagonist rapes a woman in the first chapter.
    I'm a bit scared of that "shameless" tag it has, but I'll check it out. Spirit Cultivation's leaving a vacuum.

7. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
  8. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, can you tell me where i can read the complete novel? As of now I'm at chapter 2 and i i find it interesting. Tried webnovel but requires spirit stones. Thanks

9. TitanAnteus

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the recommendation, but I wanted a good protagonist.
    I appreciate you trying though :)

Dude just google it. You'll find it.

10. apsisodia

apsisodia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heavenly Jewel Change
    It's a good novel. In the beginning MC unconsciously raped FL in it too so it might put you off.

11. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link

12. TitanAnteus

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus XD
    The good part is by far the hardest requirement damn...

I might try it out, if you can explain it though. I'm also a bit curious. How do you unconsciously rape someone?

13. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Womanising Mage, he doesn't rape anyone after that. And that too was done as he had no choice. He had just transmigrated, was pretty weak due to it and was horny. I'll ask you not to read it if you don't like a perverted protagonist.

Try Dual Cultivation on Webnovel.

14. TitanAnteus

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... yeah. I guess maybe I don't. I just learned something about myself. Thank you.
    Oh he definitely did.
    Oof Netori. I'm having a hard time believing the protag's a good person, but it's definitely clear he's a pervert. If I run out of options I'll try it out though. I truly appreciate you taking the time to recommend me stuff. Thank you for trying.

15. apsisodia

apsisodia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot the exact details, MC was unconscious and not in control of his body. Apart from this cliche, rest of the novel was good. MC is a legendary pervert though!

16. sleepingdepression

sleepingdepression Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He either had a cultivation deviation or he was fusing with the dark beast gem thingy, I haven’t read HJC in a long time and I got like 200 chapters in. Either way he couldn’t control himself.

17. Kanshisha13

Kanshisha13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as stated he enters a deviation state and FL walks in. The ML feels great remorse and intends to take responsibility for it.
    Even later when the ‘harem’ grows he still doesn’t give up in the girls he loves and suffer great tribulations to attempt to find/rescue them and be accepted by his father in laws.

sleepingdepression likes this.
  18. Limeyblimey

Limeyblimey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sinful life of the Emperor is without a doubt the best recommendation i can give. Although it technically doesn’t check all your requirements, i still think you should read it.
    It has a great plot and an even greater ”PLOT”

19. TitanAnteus

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I really can't understate how much I dislike shitty people. Especially shitty protagonists. Actively chasing after someone's wife knowing they're married is an instant turn-off.

I appreciate you trying though.
    OH!
    That's fine then! If he makes bridges with potential family members and is out there risking his life for his loved ones he can't be that bad. At least he didn't actively rape the girl. Thank you very much for the clarification.

20. AnonymousX

AnonymousX [Deleted]

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, there is another scene about half-way through that novel that some might consider rape as well;
    where the MC goes into primal lust instincts and his master finds a sacrifice for him, though I think the girl gives in soon after, so something like that (been a while since I read it).

Also maybe try;
    - https://www.webnovel.com/book/15387764606274305/Rupegia where, there are a lot of variations of sex scenes if that is something you want.
    - https://www.webnovel.com/book/endless-path-:-infinite-cosmos_11766562205519505