Recommendations Novels that has smart/evil/selfiss Mc with good plot.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Aindorin, Feb 20, 2020.

?

Wich one of this is a better mc

1. Li Qi Ye (Emperor's Domitation)

24 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Leylin (WMW)

49 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Yun Che (ATG)

11 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Fang Yuan (Reverend İnsanity)

122 vote(s)
    53.7%
  5. Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord)

45 vote(s)
    19.8%
  6. Tanya (Youjo Senki)

42 vote(s)
    18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aindorin

Aindorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for novels that has a smart mc. I prefer evil mcs in general because other mcs tend be a moron.

I am realy picky about what type of mc I like. Most of the times I can't find what I want. I ussually have to drop my expectations a lot for to just find a novel I can read.

I Iike
    • Smart, reasonable and patient mc.
    • Selfish mc.
    • Evil mc.
    • Male protagonist
    • Good humor
    • Good plot with logic
    What I don't like

• Bullshit reasoning.
    • Plot holes that so big you can fit the mount Tai in it
    • Novels that have too much filler episodes in it.
    • Unnecessarily long battles.
    • Harem ( it's fine as long as it's casual harem or mc is a sexual cultivator or someting like that)
    • Powerless family members/friends who is needed to be protected and a weak spot for the mc.
    • BL
    • Chinese authors who is too bad at math.
    • VRMMORPG novels. ( Most of it. Overlord doesn't count. The legendry mechanic is a in game novel but it's a serious one that is basicly a real world for mc)
    • Comedy only novels.
    • Slice of life
    • Mc's with big justice boner.

What I hate and I don't want to read unless it's a super duper novel outside of it

• Mazo, dumb and sexist mc's that is geting fuck by his "own" harem.
    • Mc's that is trying everyting for a dumb motherfucking ungrearful bitch.
    • Mc's who is his justice bones get soo hard that he can't control himself even in a very dangerious situation.
    • Ma hong yun/senior white level lucky mc's. (If he has a reason for it. Heavens will, luck skill or magic etc then it's okay)
    • Mc's that is trying to kill himself every 10 episodes but fails due to the overly thick plot armor.
    • Novels that balanced by -100 İQ debuff on op characters.
    • Mc's that act 180° opposite of their self claimed characteristic.( I am not talking about mc's who is saying someting to people and act different. I am talking mc's that says he is not kind/good person but tries to be the hero, every fucking time for no reason at all. Like Yun mother fucking Che)
    • Mc's that known as pussy slayer3000. Mc's that only life goal is create his own harem.
    • YUN CHE. I hate him. He become the worst character for me after he went to find jasmine ( I have written a long paragraph about how much I hate him but I deleted it. Since it's a bit inappropriate swore that much)

I am not agaist a natural or a good willed mc as long as he knows that he don't have to suicide every time he saw a girl who is geting bullying by some young master.
    But if he is sellfish/evil/shameless then it's better.

Here is some of the novel that I like,
    • Reverend İnsanity (my favorite)
    • WMW (I like Leylin but story is a bit forced in some places. Second favorite)
    • The Dark King ( Mc got smarter wiser and a bit evil later on. Good story overall.)
    • Way of the Devil (Mc is being dumb sometimes but it's acceptable level. It's good story overall)
    • Overlord ( Ainz is not an evil mc in my opion. Anti-hero level best. He is not that smart but he is trying to be smart. Overall I like the Ainz. Story quality is very good and a lot better then web novels since it a book . Third favorite)
    • Martial World ( Mc is a good/natural guy buy he is not a dumb character. He knows being a hero is dumb move. The mc is okay but story is long and repetitive. Can be said okay to read. I dropped at 800+ [Edited:Accualy he is not good. He acted dumb for some places I couldn't remembered when I was creating this post but still he was not totaly dumb like Yun Che])
    • The Legendry Mechanic ( Author gave so much op cheat level abilities to the mc, because of that Author need to nerf the mc by giving less than 1% what he can gain. Mc in not that smart but not an idiot to. Interesting story worth to read.[Edited:It got better later on. It still feels a bit cheap on power balance but story overall is very good right now at chapter 740] )
    • Plundering the Heavens ( mc is not that smart a bit stuped/childish and a mild anti-hero. Plot is meh but it has some comedy. It's not a bad one to read. Not too good either.)
    • Emperor's Domination ( This was my first wuxia novel. It was rather good and funny as hell at the start but -90 İQ villains, repetitive plot, sexist author and mc being a 10 million years old "old devil" and not acting as one ruined it. I don't even talk about how hard it is to read it. But still it was the best mc among 5+ million years old. First 200-300 chapters are wort reading imo.)
    I have read but droped Renegade İmmortal,Everybody Love Large Chests,

R.İ
    is too shallow on plot. At least in first 300 episodes. Power system is realy bad. Especially the mc's power system( I one shot if they are same cultivation level as mc or weaker. If not well He can't do shit about it.)

I don't like the Otherwordly Evil Monarch. Acually I hate it. Mc is a hypocrite who is an "Evil Monarch" who is trying to the hero. And geting bullied by some bitches for no reason. I barely survived until 100 and according to some spoilers that I got. These bitches end up in his harem so fuck that novel.

I am waiting for your advices.

Btw As long as mc is not stupid and he is selfish I don't have a bottom line.He can be the most evil piece of shit on universe.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  2. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  3. camilfabre

camilfabre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly I think you are wrong about otherworldly monarch. The mc act coherently what is explained at the start is how the world view the mc and not is real self that we are getting to know through the chapters same for Emperor Domination.
    I can recommend this for you (webnovel):
    Supreme magus
    God Of Slaughter
    And I'm trying paragon of destruction don't know if it'll be good

4. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read Way of the Devil, Carefree Path of Dreams(300 episode), Mystical Journey(250 episodes)

I look a bit to Tower of Karma and ouroboros. These 2 are very short and on hiatus I guess. I fear these 2 will get stuck on somewhere important.

Classroom of the elite (apathetic, selfish and highly intelligent)
    Summoner of Nightmares
    Trafford's Trading Club
    I don't know these. I will look to them.

Thanks for the recommendations.

5. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read 120 chapter of it.
    I am saying like this because he is constantly talking about how bad this world is and how they shouldn't be mercyfull. He is talking about sacrificing their soldiers for their own good. He is making a show in front of their guards. A show that garanties that they can't back of. And talking about how he will kill them if they came late... He is basicly killing his own people for his own good. He is talking about how evil a monarch he is then JUST AFTER HE LECTURED his uncle and grandfather about how he will use(get killed their own man for profit) he sees a girl in a random brothel she is forced to it. And then author talks about how strong this organization is even prince can't touch it. Mc and his family is already under a great presure. and then she drops a coin. He picks up the coin and the raging justicd boner in him gets hard! He must save these poor unrelated random girls!
    Wtf????? You gotta be joking right?

And of course you can't say that girls are not cancer. That Dugu bitch, princess, his sister in law... People are extremely sexist to in this novel and I hate that.

MaybePotom and Despapa69 like this.
  6. Chico_Xavier

Chico_Xavier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouroboros Record ~Circus of Oubaniel~
    It's a JP isekai LN without any game elements with an evil MC so obsessed with immortality.

7. camilfabre

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you are right i read it too long ago and In my memory it wasn't that bad. Anyway I can't remember a single thing you talked about except the dugu girl xDDD.

8. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I am extra sensitive about this topic. So many people don't care about it in general. İf it was one of my first wuxia I wouldn't got triggered this much.

Despapa69 likes this.
  10. camilfabre

Reading List:
    Link
    I got triggered by the same thing. What you described is exactly my type of novel but you have already finished the best one. On the same lvl I would recommend you God Of Slaughter.

Aindorin likes this.
  11. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On Trafford trading club your going to have to MTL after chapter 547.

12. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    İt's not that I hate good characters. Every type of character has his own type of unique personality.
    İt's just authors need to understant. Characters needs to be stable. You can't just make Fang Yuan a hero. Or Kirito a to evil monarch.

You can't just save your mc with godly plot armors.
    Make a kind mc. But don't make 10İQ mc with over 9000 level of plot armor.

Martial world's mc is not evil or bad at all but he knows how to act. He learned it from his mistakes. And in the other hand we have Yun Che the great suicide machine. Even BTTH's good mc(Xiao Yan) who don't even kill his enemy is more logical than so called super smart yun che. Xiao Yan knows even he tries to save his father he will just die. So don't try to suicide unlike yun che.

I have read God Of Slaughter a bit. About 30 episodes but it felt like any other harem seeking mc who don't have a brain. I don't look for psychopath killers with no brains. He literally fingered the enemy girl's pussy as an attack İf you can think to goose someting then go carve her eyes. Whatever if gets better later on I can try it once more. Thanks for the advices.

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  13. Antihero_Lover

Antihero_Lover Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You got to read Emperor of Kings in webnovel where the novel is updated first.
    but if you are in a war with quidan you can read it on scribblehub
    The mc has everything you just wanted...
    currently, 20 chapters have been released (2-3 chapters a day so it's pretty awesome too)
    the mc is op bcz he came from another realm with cultivation to a realm with magic, the author mentioned he's planning a massive level army building and kingdom building and it seems to be the goal of mc.., to build a kingdom unite all the races into one powerful kingdom
    I was instantly hooked when the mc cut off the head of a charming beauty tried to seduce him yes he is an anti-hero

I also recommend you RTW, Warcraft foreign realm dominations
    No annoying harem in those and the mc's are really good

14. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    20 chapter is too short :S but it will get stacked anyway so thanks!

15. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Since judging by what you wrote you are willing to compromise for the story, here are my recs that are good and approximately fit your needs:
    Master's smile
    Running Away From The Hero
    Your and my asylum

16. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 Running Away From The Hero, though the translator for the rewrite said that the ending is apparently not seen as great. But everything that's translated so far is fantastic and fits your request to a T. It's funny, but the jokes are a medium for the story, instead of the story being a medium to tell a whole bunch of poor jokes. The MC is intelligent and more than willing to allow people to suffer for his benefit, but is in constant trouble despite this. So, yeah, give this one a try. Note: You will have to try the Remastered Version, since the original stopped being updated when it started getting rewritten. My link goes to the rewrite translation.

Mother of Learning, if you haven't read it, it has a nice and intelligent MC, and a built-in deus ex machina in the story-line where for most of the story the universe regularly resets itself so that the MC can try out things he hasn't previously, so there isn't a mechanic of "MC must save X now to force the plot along". So apart from the MC being Selfish/Evil, or there being comedy, this story fits your request quite well. I mean, there is a quite a bit of slice-of-life in there as well, but there's always at least one impending disaster in the background, so... The only real issue you might have with this story is the secondary protagonist, who decently fits many of your criteria of "what I don't like". But, he's a secondary protagonist, isn't really a part of the story for the first part, and most of the issues you would have with him, like active harem building tendencies, are more "Yeah, I had infinite chances to try this, so I did it" comments, and not acts occurring in the active story-line.

17. Deleted member 89812

Deleted member 89812 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
  19. RanGa

RanGa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also recommend God Of Slaughter its got a bit of strange shit at the start for sure but then it gets better for awhile then goes downhill again after a few hundred chapters sadly an never really gets any better from then on, but for awhile there it does get really good.

Limitless Sword God I'd also recommend considering what you've spoken about. (although the translations have stopped for awhile now an the last few hundred chapters from babel realm or whatever their called are just mtl basically. First 400ish chapters are properly translated though.)

Heavenly Jewel Change is a pretty good novel with a morally ambiguous MC. Its also one of the few completed novels around here.

Chaotic Lightning Cultivation was a decent read also for this category of novel but its only got around 200 something TL'd chapters an It hasn't been continued for a couple years now so its not anything long term but a good couple days worth.

Mad God, it's more of a fantasy novel then a Wuxia one but its still decent. Unfortunately its also stopped translation for several years now.

World Defying Dan God, by memory it was a similar sort of novel to the above mentioned. (but alas it has also had a stagnant translation for awhile now an the last few chaps are mtl I think)

Spirit Vessel, MC is another fairly morally grey character.

And I guess for the last few recommendations I'll add some that aren't too much alike the previous ones. The above mentioned I would kinda put all in the same bag as the leaning more towards the bad or less morally constrained then good type of mc's for the most part, or at least forced to be because of their situations. These next few are more neutral I'd say an more typical of Wuxia novels but still good.

Almighty Sword Domain fairly new translated novel close to 200 chapters currently.

Lord of all Realms, Currently has 1200's chapters translated.

Martial Peak, Has about 1100 chapters translated kinda reminds me of MW a bit with its mc an story pace.

Spirit Realm. Another one of the few completed novels about although the last couple hundred chapter drop off a cliff in quality some say its gets worse even sooner. The first couple hundred chapters as always with these novels tend to be the best before the constant power escalation. I would still recommend it though as it is a decent novel at least.

A few I forgot for the first category are:
    Great Demon King. MC has cultivation powers in a typical fantasy medieval world after being forcefully reincarnated there.

And then there's these two from the same author and are similar kind of story's I'm still kinda lukewarm on them:
    City of Sin.
    Monarch of Evernight

They are a blend of fantasy and CN type stuff fairly dark an are very differently paced then the other stuff on this list. Quite similar to WMW in a sense although not as good imo but tbh im not the biggest fan of CN western fantasy novels in the first place.

Oh an I guess Coiling Dragon if you do like the western fantasy stuff.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  20. Xhypher

Xhypher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God Level Demon ~