News Novels with dead links

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SilentFyre, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentFyre

SilentFyre Irregular Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi~!

[Info Update: I found out that the group filtering is being used to hide releases by dead groups now, in case you aren't aware of it yet. (Credit goes to @Spfere. Thanks for letting me know.) And if you are wondering, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Clicking on the eye icon will also show all releases.]

I recently came upon a few novels with dead links. Links leading to a site that no longer exists. Affected by this are several novels that were hosted on that site. I know that there has been a feature request already to implement some kind of link flagging as a dead link or etc. but I hadn't found a thread compiling a list of those novels as a temporary measure for now yet, so I thought of making one to make the lives of many readers easier. Tbh, idk how this will help in any case since one would come upon a dead link only when wanting to try read something but finding oneself unable to and only then search for why that is so.

So here are a few novels where I found out that they had dead links. Some have links also going to other sites, so the novel is not exactly full of dead links. If there are novels whose links are all dead, but you found links to another site that hosted them or something please notify NU so the links can be added or here maybe (?) so I can add the info to the list. Novel names are linked to the corresponding NU site.

If you find any novels with dead links and would like for them to be added to the list, please either quote this post or tag me so I receive a notification and know which post to look for.

(Btw, I wasn't sure what prefix to use since this is more of an informing things but news fit the most from all the ones I guess.)

If you want to find a novel, use ctr+f and type the name to find it.

[Edit: Added a few novels that @Dyone, @ultrafunfun, @GamingIce and @Nykooo found. Thanks for the input!]

Novel Name:Dead links chapter range:
    Forbidden Loveintro only
    Love Me AgainChapter 1 part 1 to chapter 7 part 1 (basically all the links by trungtnguyen123)
    One Sweet LifeChapters 1 to 23, but has also been re-hosted by the group that continued the translation. The links are scattered in NU
    Real Fake FianceAll links dead
    Educational Pamphlet for Taming a pet (oneshot)All links dead There aren't even any links there anymore.
    AwakeningAll links by subudai11 are dead. Starts at chapter 21, but translated in tandem with a different site, so occasional chapters dead until chapter 161. After that completely dead links. Links are working again.
    My Beautiful TeacherDead links start from chapter 45. Links are working again.
    Finest ServantAll links dead, except Flowerbridgetoo's chapter 1. Links are working again.
    Dark MageAll links dead
    Coder Lee YonghoAll links temporarily dead. (explanation on translator's site available)
    Union Of EnemiesAll links dead
    The Portal of WonderlandAll links by XianXiaWorld dead. Range: Primer and chapter 1 to 164. Chapter 165 to 167 are by other sites and still available. New translations from chapter 1 by Qidian International available.
    Eiyuu KyoushitsuAll links dead. The blog has been deleted.
    Star Martial God TechniqueAll links by Englate dead. Range: Chapter 13 to 33. All other links by other sites are still available. New translations from chapter 1 twice available.
    Shrouding the HeavensAll links by faktranslations dead. Range: Chapter 1 to 160. All other links by other sites are still available. Range: Chapter 1 to 32.
    Killing Grounds of Gods and DevilsAll links by faktranslations dead. Range: Chapter 1 to 179. No other links available.
    Skill Taker’s World Domination ~ Building a Slave Harem from ScratchAll links by Nepustation dead. Range: Chapter 137 to 145. All other links by other sites are still available. Links are leading to the new site now.
    Cheat Majutsu de Unmei wo NejifuseruAll links by Nepustation dead. Links by Take Your Heart Translation are still linking to their old site which is dead and need to be updated to their new site.
    Ultimate Porter ~The Weakest Man Aspires to be an Adventurer~All links (by Nepustation) dead.
    Lost Phantasia: The World of AzuregardAll links (by Nepustation) dead.
    Monster ParadiseAll links (by Catato Patch) dead. No links by them anymore, only by Qidian.
    The Friendly WeddingMost links (by Sharramycats) temporarily dead. Range: 4-25. The story is being moved to Wattpad. Only the first 3 chapters' links have been redirected to the new site. Chapter 4 is available there as well but no link going to it from NU yet.
    Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku SaikenkiAll links to volume 1 dead. It seems that it got moved to J-Novel Club.
    Uchi no Musume no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai (WN)A number of links by konobuta dead. Range: Chapter 1 to 49. J-Novel Club got the license for it and the original translator will be removing 25 chapters every 9 weeks. It's explained here.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there are at least 250 or so series with dead links..Is it worth it?

AliceShiki, DubZer0 and SilentFyre like this.
  3. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Some novels might effectively have been abandoned, others might've just duplicated links at some time and then left the duplicated / unnecessary / dead link there

SilentFyre likes this.
  4. Ardavix

Ardavix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Idea! We need something like this. Especially in lieu of the ever growing reading and translating community. I.e. something like this will be even more useful in the future if implemented now.

jodezaca and SilentFyre like this.
  5. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea, but I thought it would be nice to have something like this, so why not XD
    Yeah, that can be the case as well. No idea how NU handles those cases tho. I do know that they don't remove dead links for archive purposes.

6. Dyone

Dyone [Ice cream] [awkward duck] [Yonyon]

Reading List:
    Link
    SilentFyre likes this.
  7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why nu leave them be is so that future TL can get some info..Some of the series have got reviews and all. Nu is a list...

readerz likes this.
  8. ultrafunfun

ultrafunfun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awakening,My Beautiful Teacher, My kitsune waifu.
    the site is MIA and the links are just left here..no longer working..

SilentFyre likes this.
  9. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, instead of collating the dead novels here for the mods to find and sort through, you could just report the links

mir likes this.
  10. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    *coughs*
    So SF is volunteering to find them all :p

do your best!

11. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll add them once I get back to my laptop. I added them.

Mods will not do anything to the links. They will stay there for archive purposes.

LOL I am not volunteering to find them all. Just putting them here if I come across some when reading and putting those in that were found by others.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  12. GamingIce

GamingIce 『Holder of the Ring of Promise』『RPG Nerd』

Reading List:
    Link
    I added Dark Mage in at the bottom, all its links are dead.

SilentFyre likes this.
  13. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks Ice~ I'll update the table as well.

GamingIce likes this.
  14. GamingIce

GamingIce 『Holder of the Ring of Promise』『RPG Nerd』

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem, that's one I found a long time ago when I was on my KN binge. I'll see if I find any more.

SilentFyre likes this.
  15. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Very much appreciated (y)

GamingIce likes this.
  16. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I'll mark it as temporarily dead. Thanks for the input!

18. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also followed chencking advise and used the Report Link but since it was the whole 100 something links it was somehow unpractical to put all the links chapter by chapter. Thank you for your quick answer and considerations toward us readers.

19. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Added a novel.

20. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Updated the table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.