Recommendations Novels with MC Missing a, or multiple, Limbs

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Darius Drake, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Another of my "Does this exist/How common is this" threads.

I'm looking for stories where the MC is missing limbs for a significant portion of the story. I'm not talking about stories where a person loses a limb or gets their body smashed into paste only to immediately recover to full health like Deadpool. Nor about stories where a person loses a limb for either a short period of time or before the story starts, but uses a "miracle cure" to get it back before the story goes much further. No, I'm looking for stories where the MC has a lack of a limb for a significant portion of the story.

It doesn't matter if it's an arm, leg both arms (not sure how the story would progres), both legs, or one of each, so long as the MC is missing a significant limb (reproductive organs being insignificant for daily life). I'm specifying limbs, so lacking vision or hearing would not count.

Thank you for any answers given.

2. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    Wheel of Time series... I won't go into detail but the mc spends a decent amount of time missing something and it lasts till the end.

It's the only novel/s I've read where that happens and it's not right at the end or miracle cured quickly.

Edit: it happens late in the books but there are quite a few books after... It's a long series lol

djsosonut likes this.
  3. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're up for Western novels then I'd with Wheel of Time for Rand. Though he doesn't lose his hand until some time into the story. Also you can go with Jaime from Game of Thrones. Or the Cradle series by Will Wright. When the MC of that story loses his arm later on the series how he adapts to it becomes a big part of his quest for power.