Discussion Novels you stopped reading since you caught up with the translation.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by jason3893, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason3893

jason3893 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I read a novel I always hate the fact the I catch up with the translation within a couple days. I always end up waiting the next translation to come out and always hate the cliffhangers that pop up. There are times where I can see the next bunch of chapters will be filled with cliffhangers and am somehow able to stop reading the updates while I wait for them to build up.
    The problem is I rarely go back and read the novels. There are some that have over 100 updates that I haven't read and others which have completely finished.
    I want to know what novels you tools break from but haven't returned to.

For me:
    ATG
    Douluo dalu (not sure if I spelled it right)
    BTTH
    Mushoku tensai (not sure if I spelled it right)
    SYWZ
    Coiling dragon

Those are the only ones I actually remember.

2. Panda

Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i don't rly mind cliffs i just go read sth else or comment section

3. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that happens when I read the common Xianxia novels. I mean those which have repetitive plots and such, they are good as long as you read them continuously but once you catch up to the translation, you realize its repetitiveness and feel it less interesting than when you first read it.for me, like PMG, MGA, MGS
    I think this happens because they are of common categories or plots are repetitive or such.
    If the novel was interesting or had plots different from the common, then it would be interesting even if you catch up to the translation.

4. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Coiling Dragon's translation has ended. Such a shame, you should really finished it ! The last chapter makes you guess a lot of things regarding its sequels.
    ATG is on a special arc where the character come back in its own world (such a thing is rare in a Xanxia where usually, MC forgot there previous life as in Mushoku). The end of this arc will be interesting I think.
    As for Douluo Dalu and BTTH, I understant (even if I continue to follow).
    SYWZ, in my point of view, is just beginning (even if there's 200+ chap, lol --)
    As for Mushoku Tensei, I finished long ago the web version (not much to say, It's not exceptionnal but It makes me feel good like finishing some important task).

For me, I just couldn't continue Ze Tian Ji, Jian Ye and Child of Light.
    And, I am feeling quite bored with PMG, CSG and MGS.

5. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Weird i didnt know people actually dropped series after catching up with the translation.
    I personally keep on reading whatever i pick up especially if im caught up with the translations

6. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like stopping... If i start something i will finish it. just latter

DarkArts and Saitama like this.
  7. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, i mean if i took something up and got caught up with the translations that means it got me interested or it was good enough to kill time so i would just keep going till the end

8. KUROz

KUROz Whatevs~

Reading List:
    Link
    well those kind of things just happen sometimes I guess, but for me it was slightly different.
    In my case I just start to get too lazy to continue reading

jason3893 likes this.
  9. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dawnbringer, Machine god. Translation although great takes far to long in between chapters/updates, makes it impossible to read unless you restart each time.

10. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames That sneaky lil sucker who pickpocketed you

Reading List:
    Link
    I think i have forgotten about some novels as my bookmarks are a mess and finding unread novels in my bookmarks bar is too time consuming. I could read all new novels, man i read too many novels. I think my royalroad novel list has like 600+ novels on it...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  11. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I do this with every novel I read. But I only do this in order to read more chapters at once, because sometimes there's really to little happening in a chapter. To much explanation and details or changes of perspectives or whatever else. But I usually keep reading them in the end. For example I stopped reading CGS at chapter 160 and today I've read the remaining chapters. Then, there are some exceptions as well like BTTH or ZL that I'm not interested in even after they get 100 more chapters. In ZL's case it kinda got boring at some point and the plot didn't seem to move anywhere so I said I'd read it when there's more of it, but soon after I said that the translation pace dropped even more so I guess there will be a day(far in the future) when I'll continue it. As for BTTH, I've read the manhua up to chapter 135 so I won't read the novel until it reaches at the very least till the fight between Xiao Yan and Na Lan Yan Ran.

12. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Brah, that injustice to BTTH. The manhua is nothing compared to the novel. Much less comical and more serious characters. Besides it will probably take at least 100 more chapters to reach that far.

13. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its like this with almost every ln-manhua adaption. Even if it was serious and exactly the same, the ln readers would still be unhappy with anything that is left out, such as the inner monologues. As far as adaptions go, its probably about as good as it can get these days.

14. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I only really stop reading things that I am still interested in if the translation speed is slow. If there are fairly regular updates then I will keep it reading on a chapter by chapter basis. If the updates are slower, or short, then I will let it stack up a little before going through them. I also find it easier to put JN novels on hold and read them on a volume by volume basis in comparison to CN novels which are more chapter by chapter with large 'books'.

15. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't stop reading anything in general (finished all 15 Dresden Files in 2 days of no sleep whatsoever). Though if the translation stalls for a while like in LN's I might take a while to get back to it. Cliff-kun keeps making me wait feverously for the next chapter to come out. Slow transition speeds for CN tend not to turn me off unless it's once a month...then I just suck it up and pray for the next release to come out early.

16. onehitnokill

onehitnokill [Greater Derp Assasin] [-1000 Kills]

Reading List:
    Link
    If I get bored with a novel I stop reading it, because yeah the plots are repetative but I llike the characters (I really want to know what happens to them) so when I'm in the mood again I'll just binge read or I'll keep putting of reading it. For example its been a couple of months since Mushoku Tensei ended but I still can't bring myself to read the last like 10 chapters. I keep putting it off, I'll read it eventually though...maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.