NovelUpdates app - Can not connect to server

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Death__Virus, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Death__Virus

Death__Virus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started having this issue, say... two nights ago. The novels weren't updating. Manually refreshing simply led to the message "Can not connect to server" to pop up. I decided to try logging out and in again. This only led to me not even being able to log in all together.

I did notice the app was removed from Google Play- Is support for it discontinued?

Side note: Today I had to enter a captcha to get into the site on my PC... related? not a clue.

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Updates does not have, and has never had, an app. Anything you use is third-party.

3. Death__Virus

Death__Virus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been using the app for so long, I'd forgotten it wasn't official. Just dmed the creator of it, thanks!

4. inv3rse

inv3rse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will continue to support the app as I use it myself.
    Your guess is absolutely correct. Since it is not an official app I have to emulate a browser and extract data from the website.
    To work around the cloudflare browser check it includes some code to solve simple javascript challenges automatically.
    The new captcha however is an issue.

5. lamb19

lamb19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your hard work. I have used your app for 2 years and its wonderful. If you could resolve it, that would be great but if you can't then... thats it. It was really helpul anyway.