Discussion NOW in Audiobook format! "Global Divide: Ryu Rising" Official English Light Novel

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pmrodrig, Mar 12, 2019.

1. pmrodrig

pmrodrig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to drop by again and give some awesome news. The light novel is now an Audiobook as well and available thru Audible, itunes and Amazon,

Check it out here
    https://www.audible.com/pd/B07VXY26...-ACX0-159880&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_159880_rh_us

Peter

if you prefer the eBook, get it here!

[GLOBAL DIVIDE: RYU RISING]

Hello everyone. My name is Peter and I have been reading light novels for as far as I can remember (1986). I took the time to create my own and have finally published it for everyone to read and comment on. It is in eBook format and is available on Amazon. Here's a brief synopsis of the story:

>*A dark, scorched surface. A black mist that destroys on contact. A serum that keeps you young. The reality as explained in the Global Divide. A Sci-Fi series that will have you in suspense while you immerse yourself into a world unrecognized by our current standards. A world deep in the future where the Apocalypse has taken place and society has destroyed itself leaving a small group of survivors in its wake. In this new aftermath, survivors must adhere to their new subjectors. The elites that are now in control demand loyalty without compensation. Their goal is to rebuild the Earth to its former glory while eliminating any of the human attributes that caused its demise in all previous wars. Anyone in opposition is subject to death and immediately killed. A group of highly skilled mercenaries disagree with the new oppressors and fight for the right to rebuild the Earth with the use of advanced technology. One that doesn't involve the destruction of the human race. In this new battle, a teenager whom is forcefully recruited by the military wing of the Global World Order, finds himself at odds with his new way of life and decides to follow his conscious. An option that will indirectly tie him to the fate of the planet.*

I published this eBook initially for $2.99

Please be aware this is Light novel is now available in multiple formats as well as in audiobook format here

[This is the official book cover as seen on Amazon. Artwork and design by arohaJ \(japanese artist\)](https://i.redd.it/5k6e8yipr6k21.jpg)

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy my Light Novel!

**Peter**

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    InvincibleDespair likes this.
  2. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    he title says english but the tags say japanese *stares at thread confusedly*

pmrodrig likes this.
  3. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have it translated into Japanese. I can link you to the file if you'd like, it's currently being reviewed by kodansha for their new comer light novel contest so I'm not able to publish it yet.

Sorry for not explaining that...

4. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
  5. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    So what’s the book about? From what I read the summary is basically just typical MC in sci-fi setting.

6. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis...

It’s the year 2050. The world as we know it no longer exists. The final war of all wars, WW3, has
    ended, leaving the world unrecognizable and the population reduced to the brink of extinction. In
    its remains a new global war has erupted between the last two surviving factions, the GWO
    (Global World Order) and the Resistance. One side enforcing its will with numbers, while the
    other uses advanced technology. Both disagree on a single principle: How to rebuild the Earth.
    Ryu Kendo, an orphaned teenager forcefully recruited into the GWO’s military academy, must
    abide by the new law in town just like everyone else. His days are structured to make him the
    ultimate fighting machine and dissuade from anything resembling fun. One step out of line,
    especially before the eyes of the cunning General Les Gohan, and you are as good as dead.
    Failure is not an option. Ryu struggles to maintain his sanity in this new world but does so with
    the help of his eager friend Turbo and a new, snarky—and if he’s being honest, very easy on
    the eyes—recruit named Angela. Together, the three of them help each other survive the
    multitude of atrocities presented to them.
    But when Ryu and his friends enter a new segment of their training and see up close just how
    disposable they really are, they begin to realize that following orders might not be enough to
    save them. Ryu soon understands he has a decision to make, and it’s the most important
    decision of his life: live as a slave and die fighting, or break free and confront his aggressors,
    even if it kills him. The choice is simple, but the struggle is full of treachery and deceit, and sets
    Ryu on a path to learn the truth about himself, his parents, and the real plot behind General Les
    Gohan’s war. A plot to create a new race of genetically superior soldiers and wipe every single
    human off the face of the world entirely, to prevent humans from destroying the Earth ever
    again.
    Armed with this new knowledge, Ryu and his friends, these self-appointed teenage heroes,
    must escape their own certain death, the terror of the General’s right-hand soldier, Hiro, who is
    ever present, and find their way to the Resistance. Both the fate of humanity and the planet lies
    in their hands. Will they survive the Global Divide, or die and turn to ashes just like everything
    else?

MasterCuddler likes this.
  7. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
    The mc is not initially strong or op. He does unlock some powers but they're conditional and don't immediately make him a super individual. Without spoiling much, he has to learn who he is before he can become who he needs to become. All of this is connected with the Earth and the universe.

8. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds pretty interesting :pikablob: will try it out

pmrodrig likes this.
  9. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it. It will actually span 4 volumes. I've got three written already but have only published the first one.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  10. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
  11. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Global World Order, you do realize that's redundant? Either call it World Order or Global Order.
    Ryu Kendo, Les Gohan srsly? Cringe at the fanboying here, make some original names, preferably those that do not mean dragon sword's path, and les meal, it even sounds bad.

Will they survive the Global Divide, or die and turn to ashes just like everything
    else?
    This is also redundant and stupid, clearly you as the author will make them survive and happy ending blabla.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    UDI likes this.
  13. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
    I got Ryu from my favorite Street Fighter character, and Les Gohan, Nahog is Gohan backwards which means "catch or take something from" which fits his character...

Also, GWO is meant to be redundant, they're not trying to hide what they are. They're nothing compared to civilization as we currently know it nor do they care.

I would really like your feedback on the actual novel, after reading it of course, if you have 6 hours to spare. I think it might help you understand the ending, which isn't what you are thinking. I'm going away from the standard trope in a sense and can only say that its not all good for everyone...

Thanks for the input either way.

14. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Pardon my prejudice then. I don't know about reading it, coz I'm trying to procrastinate less but good luck.

15. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries, us authors can't expect all rosy cheeks and patty-cakes when listening to feedback. I'd prefer un-filtered feedback more then someone just saying what I want to hear if that makes sense.

Thanks again.

Jojo775 likes this.
  16. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
  17. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for all of your support! I definitely appreciate it and will be looking forward to everyone's feedback! Please let me know if you are interested in the book and I can help you out with a discount now that the promotion is over. Thanks again!

Peter

18. UDI

UDI Writer / Emcee / Lime Blood

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish to express my dislike for this topic. My dislike does not originate from the original poster or due to his attitude but because of the premise and quality of his writing. I thank you for your time and hope Grammarly rotts in hell because of how wrong it is about most of what I type.

19. pmrodrig

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotcha, at least I think I understood...