NTR in novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Crimshine, Mar 26, 2016.

?

Would you like netorare in novels

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    63.7%
  3. I'm a Giraffe so I don't care

36 vote(s)
    24.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    initial d ....

2. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    How did you even get NTR if you drive a tofu car? Well that aside i didn't see that coming, i guess i'll give it a shot.

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind as long as it have impact in story like MC / side character growth or explain background of story
    huh? which one? the girl who prostitutes?

4. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup that one the first girl that prostitute for her mother..

dhark801 likes this.
  5. dhark801

dhark801 [Malicious Malificarcium] [Dark Mistletoe]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was pretty young back then, it totally devestated me. But i think its's not NTR, she only leave for tokyo to have a better life(?). What totally devestated me is she is whoring herself., we didnt really see what happened next. All i see is the MC slowly moving on. Plus he got a girl now.

6. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn't want to use him but CONTROL him which is actually pretty ordinary I have plenty of friends who've had girlfriends that have tried to change them lots of times, it's just a thing...

And befriending people for our own desires is something everyone even in the real world does whether it's for money, business, trying to get in said persons pants or even if they make us feel good just by being there, we will befriend people however Ji made no attempt whats so ever to befriend flameguy I mean sure flame guy turned out to be a grade A class douchebag but that was the "plot" at work. I'll state that Once again Ji Nings naive and immature mind frame would have worked against his favor if he were not the MC.

And I will now stop talking about this seeing as how I've gone off topic in regards to the thread

7. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    huh, another NTR discussion thread?

Im sure there are many who hates it rather than loving it or neutral to it.

I know its like tragedy tag, where the MC will experience lots of bad things, but this is just the worst kind of hardship that really breaks the heart of the readers. Somehow it feels not salvageable at that point and the story will always fall even lower after that. so yeah, fuck that kind of story.

Sabruness and Eve like this.
  8. HappyNeet

HappyNeet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. LordFreak

LordFreak Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    whoever was the person who sparked the use of NTR in novels should be *insert extremely horrible punishment here*

as for people who love NTR, i can only conclude that they are really strange weirdos.

NTR is the worst plot element ever devised. even Tragedy is better than NTR.

11. Dace

Dace Quack!

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR?? insta drop

Sabruness likes this.
  12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a matter of perspective.

I identify as the girl being stolen, so I'm fine with NTR as long as it's written well. I can understand why guys are offended by NTR, since they identify as the guy whose girl is being stolen.

Similarly, harem is a genre that is like NTR for girls. So you can imagine why many girls absolutely hate harems. Having to share your bf or husband with a lot of other girls? Yeah, not going to happen. I don't mind if it's a yuri harem, though.

BlueBrute and falcon92 like this.
  13. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    it is still NTR even if it's doesn't involve sex/intercourse
    truthfully NTR frequently happen, but mostly it happened to novel that have romance as main genre, with seinen or josei tags accompanying it, shounen or shoujo won't dwell too much in it, because admit it NTR happened everyday In Real Life
    It just that most of novel genre here is packed with mostly action filled genre novels that it didn't go well with NTR themes, and you guys just too paranoid with the word NTR

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the said love interest is only the MC's one sided crush, then Angst is more fitting for it. But, if there was something growing between them (say, like special childhood friends which, while not going as far as lovers yet, they're already consider ones another dearly) and one of them get stolen from another, be it consensual or not, then it can be considered as netorare.

And it's should be goes both way. If seen from the ones being stolen perspective, there should be conflict in their mind about it. (such as felling sorry, or guilt)

15. falcon92

falcon92 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nicely describe
    Couldn't say it better about harem

---
    It is kinda difficult to read NTR which actually fit the story and makes sense
    But unfortunately, some stories go overboard and repeat it in every little chapter
    And some give it to you without any warning (Suprise, your girlfriend is being ****)

16. TheJudge

TheJudge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you reading ntr in novels, jp novels has a load of em, as the MC are usually dense, shy, weak or ignorant, the heroine gets taken at some point. haven't seen any in cn or kr novels(long term) and even if there are some, the MC's are usually bad asses that ends up getting revenge.

For you NTR addicts, author of shizuka manga only writes about ntr with dense MC's in all of his books, the most recent fuuka has them early on too, art, story, setting is pretty much the same too. dropped it after a few chapters.

17. BlueBrute

BlueBrute Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this NTR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.