Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Tony, Apr 3, 2018.
*arrives with fire extinguisher*
Where's the fire??
I don't know if this is a stupid question but is there a way to gift people those small icons which pop up with their name?
I just noticed this chocolate? near my name but I don't know how it got there because I don't remember buying or anything...So is this like stuff people gift and is there a way to know who gifted it or anything..?
you can gift it to people from
There is no way to know who gifted you icons thought
Thanks for that - I skimmed the rules again before, but somehow missed this thread.
1. Could someone please lock or remove my previous thread?
2. So it seems I can filter out a series or a group. But can I filter out only the specific combination because I might read a series but translated by a different group and also a different series by the first group. (I hope that makes sense. I.e. I dislike novel A translated by Group B. But I read novel C by Group B and novel A by Group D.
3. So if I see any translation races/drama/stealing novel from active translator - should I be reporting using the same report a problem link or is there a different process?
4. I'm not going to do anything about it but curious what your response might be. Translator A has been translating 100 chapters then stops for 6 months. Translator B continues and has been translating for 50 chapters. Translator A comes back and continues where they left of.
Is that okay? Leave it as it is as long as both translators don't mind? Or if one of them is upset - who has the "right of way" ... in the translation? (Or doesn't really matter unless it comes to that / Good nights)
> Could someone please lock or remove my previous thread?
- i can't but i've reported it. if my fellow colleagues find it reasonable to lock, they'll do it. otherwise they'll leave it alone or probably just merge it here.
> So it seems I can filter out a series or a group. But can I filter out only the specific combination because I might read a series but translated by a different group and also a different series by the first group. (I hope that makes sense. I.e. I dislike novel A translated by Group B. But I read novel C by Group B and novel A by Group D.
- this doesn't look like a question, is it?
> So if I see any translation races/drama/stealing novel from active translator - should I be reporting using the same report a problem link or is there a different process?
- pretty much everything regarding the main site uses that form. just describe the issue, and we'll look into it. don't count on a reply though.
> Translator A comes back and continues where they left of. Is that okay?
> Or if one of them is upset -
- sucks to be them.
> who has the "right of way" ... in the translation?
- once an Active Translator* (by NU's definition) went on for 30 days without at least 2 releases*, the novels is free to grab, and even when they came back, any other translation that came in during their hiatus will continue being accepted
*you can read more in the policy page
Thanks again. I assumed a much for most of it.
Re the above "not-a-question", I just wanted confirmation that I understood it correctly in case I missed some hacks to do something like this.
To make a thread I need to make one post and wait 30 minutes or make no post and wait for 24 hours? This might be a dumb question, but are posts and comments the same thing? Like, does a comment in this thread count?
I think they are . A comment in a thread will count towards your message count . In least it’s in community games . Posts on profiles also don’t count towards your message count
That's good to know! ^v^
Thank you for answering my question. I wasn't sure anybody was gonna answer my question since I presume that it's quite common knowledge around these parts, but I haven't really been a part of any forums since I mostly used the internet for Youtube and reading novels here. I'm not quite 'in-the-know' when it comes to forum culture and stuff.
Anywaysss, thanks again! Guess I'll just wait for 30 minutes before posting a thread on the 'I'm looking for' sub-forum (I think sub-forum is what it's called) Since that's the only reason I registered.
Np~. Also welcome to NUF \o/
Some people are diligently watching this thread, so if you have a problem or unsure about it, just ask. We'll help if we can even if it's not an immediate reply.
You can check your own profile to see whether your posts count went up too. You'll get link privilege only after it reaches 5.
Aye, the name is indeed Subforum~
And @Welcome to NUF ~
Hi. Could anyone tell me how rank is determined in series finder ->sort by rank and how it is different from sort by rating.
I am asking because I have seen lower rated novels ranked higher than higher rated novels.
It's based on how many people added the series to their reading list in the last month.
so only in the last month. not all time?
Nope. That's what "Readers" is for.
https://www.novelupdates.com/novelslisting/?sort=2&order=1&status=1 = https://www.novelupdates.com/series-ranking/?rank=popmonth
https://www.novelupdates.com/novelslisting/?sort=4&order=2&status=1 = https://www.novelupdates.com/series-ranking/?rank=popular
Thank you for explaining...
Is it okay to add my original novels here or is it for translated novels only?
Nu does not accept original novels.
You cam check out nu's sister site for originals
Can anyone pls tell me how do I make a thread?
Separate names with a comma.