Resolved NUF is the only site I can connect to on the whole internet

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by UnGrave, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I just noticed that I can only connect to NUF right now. Every other site gives me a DNS error, so I'm assuming that if I don't communicate with the server here for long enough i'll lose my connection here too. I was able to connect to google for awhile but lost the just a few minutes ago. It seems like something is up with my network and I don't know how long it will last. It's 1am so I don't really have the option to call anyone (I'm not the network owner)

Really I'm just making this thread so I have something to do while I'm waiting for a fix on this. Hopefully it gets better by moring so I can listen to my shower music on youtube.

Edit1: I can ping 8.8.8.8 in cmd just fine, and I can't connect to NUF on my phone.

Edit2; After going to bed I woke up to everything working fine once again.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    AliceShiki, pocketbear and Wujigege like this.
  2. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Source: https://www.itechgyan.com/dns_probe_finished_bad_config/

Error Name ‘DNS_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config’

Now this time Google Chrome user face a common problem dns probe finished bad config error in their browsing time. You face this dns_probe_bad_config error anytime when you access internet in your Chrome browser which is really very annoying. But don’t worry; this is a simple DNS error. This specific error happens because DNS Lookup Failed or DNS system can’t resolve or translate the address when you try to access the website.

[​IMG]

For this DNS reason you also face more error like ‘DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN’ error. So you should solve your DNS address error as soon as possible.You can easily fix this ‘dns probe finished bad config’ error by changing your DNS address. But sometimes this ‘dns probe bad config’ error may be occurred by some different type matters and you might have searched a further solution. That’s why I make a file where have all the solution and that are collected from Microsoft Forum, Google Forum and other experts in this field. So you implement the solution and get rid of this dns_probe_finished_bad_config error in your computer operating system Windows 7, 8 and 10. So let’s follow and implement the step by step methods.

Best Fixing DNS Prob Finished Bad Config Error
    Before implementing the solutions you read the full post and then find out the reason that may create the error and finally implement the best specific solution to fix the problem.

=>> Solution 1: Flush DNS-
    This method worked good to fix the ‘dns probe finished bad config’ error. So you should apply the method by following the procedure from bellow.

First you go to Windows ‘Start’ menu or hold Windows key and press ‘R’ and then type Command Prompt or CMD in the search box. Now you type in the Command prompt again that the line given bellow and hit enter button from your keyboard.

ipconfig /flushdns

Hold Windows Key + R -> Type ‘CMD’ and hit enter -> Type again ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ in the Command Prompt popup -> Finally hit enter.

[​IMG]

After completing the method you obviously restart your computer and then open the browser and check the error may be solved. If you face the webpage error right now then you move to the solution number three.

=>> Solution 2: Change DNS Settings-
    This is also a good method to solve your webpage error problem. Now this method you change the obtained DNS to open DNS. So you should implement the method carefully from bellow.

At first you click the ‘Network Icon’ from the bellow Icon menu bar. Then click on the ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’ and arise a new window. Now you click again on the ‘Change Adapter Settings’ from the left pane site of the window. This time you see your entire network connection icon and you right click on the active network connection icon from there and also click the ‘Properties’ button. Now a window will popup there just you click ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ which is bellow in the box. And then you click on the ‘Properties’ button under it.

[​IMG]

Now you change the obtained DNS address to open DNS from the ‘Use the Following DNS server Addresses’ section. Here the section you change ‘Preferred DNS Server’ and ‘Alternate DNS Server’ values which given in the bellow.

Preferred DNS SERVER: 8.8.8.8

Alternate DNS SERVER 8.8.4.4

[​IMG]

Note: You can uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) in the bellow section.

Now restart your PC and refresh the error webpage. I hope you get rid of this ‘dns_probe_finished_bad_config’ error .

=>> Solution 3: Clear Cache and History or Reset the Browser-
    This is a common solution for fixing any type of browser error. Because sometimes browser cache block DNS or IP address. It is very easy to clear history and cache and you can also reset your browser easily by following the steps bellow.

Clear Cache and History from Google Chrome: First go to Customize and Control in the top right corner of your Chrome browser. Then click on Settings and scroll down bellow and click on Show Advance Settings. Then you go to Privacy section and click on the Clear Browsing Data Button. Now you check the entire box from new popup and finally click on the Clear Browsing Data.

Customize and Control -> Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> Privacy -> Clear Browsing Data -> Check entire box -> Clear Browsing Data.

[​IMG]

Reset Chrome Browser: At first go to Customize and Control then click on Settings. Now Scroll down bellow and click on the Show Advanced Settings. Then again scroll down bellow and click on the Reset Settings button and finally click on the Reset button.

Customize and Control -> Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> Reset Settings -> Reset.

[​IMG]

=>> Solution 4: Others Troubleshooting-
    You can also apply this bellow solution if the above solutions don’t fix this bad_config error.

=>> Disable Windows and Antivirus Firewall:
    Sometimes Windows auto firewall block internet connection and shows this error. So navigate Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Firewall -> Customize Settings way and disable firewall.

[​IMG]

You also disable antivirus software firewall if you have installed. You can also uninstall it and then check the error page if that don’t show error then change the security software.

=>> Check Website Filtering Software-
    Website filtering may also create DNS_PROBE_Finished_Bad_Config error by blocking website. If you have installed this type of software then check in blocking list and unblock the website if has there.

=>> Troubleshooting Power Cycle-
    This problem may show for long time connected Wi-Fi router and internet plug. So unplug router and internet connection plug for 5 to 10 minutes then plug it again.

=>> Update Drivers and Software-
    You should update your system drivers and others third party software because old drivers or software may conflict with hardware and create this ‘DNS Probe finished bad config’ error.

The Final Words (Conclusion)-
    These are the most uses method to fix this error if you get this webpage error after implement the above solution than you must contact to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and tell them details about your error. Because sometimes ISP block harmful IP address by their firewall and your IP may fall there. Thank you to read this post and this is your time to comment bellow and write which solution worked for you.

How to Fix ‘NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID’ Error
    Featured Reviews

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  3. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    R U creating this thread from PC/lappy or mobile?

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Laptop

5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, the issue seems to be on the network side of things so I think if I tried reseting anything on my chrome settings the best I would get is being disconnected from NUF. That last sentence is really ominous though and I hope my isp didn't block my IP...

AliceShiki, Femme Fatale and Wujigege like this.
  6. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere NUF chan has u in her clutches

Aoenstar, AliceShiki, Snowbun and 9 others like this.
  7. Siebzehn

Siebzehn 95% Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Its likely that your DNS is somehow broken. That is the stuff which translates URL-Addresses (forum.novelupdates.com) to an IP-Address. You can still visit this site's IP is still saved in the cache.

8. Siebzehn

Siebzehn 95% Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally the DNS gets provided by the ISP, but they can also make mistakes. I would suggest trying Solution 2 of the above comment

9. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dat long reply tho:aww::blobhero:

Aoenstar, Femme Fatale and Zerak like this.
  10. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats what happened when you spend too much time on nuf. You become an outcast. Not even other sites would want to show up on your screen.

11. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't disappointed, I came expecting the unplug router/modem and plug back in solution and it was there!
    (It is my most hated tech solution when I call for tech support as I've normally already tried such solutions without success and tech support always insists I do it again... I'd probably be in prison for murder if I could kill over a phone signal!)

Femme Fatale likes this.
  12. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    obviously, ask Tony. Its his first step to rule the world.

AliceShiki and UnGrave like this.
  13. OceanMagix

OceanMagix Catnapping periodically. Existence is oblivious

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

14. Rhypnic

Rhypnic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow

15. Silverfrost

Silverfrost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For a moment there i though you were Isekai'd and this was the only forum you can talk too :blobhero:

UnGrave likes this.
  16. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    Change your DNS to Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1

17. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    *BOGGLES*

Um.... thank you for all the likes, but I don't deserve them. (/.\) These guys do ~
    https://www.itechgyan.com/dns_probe_finished_bad_config/

This kitty only looked up a good source and copy and pasted to assist Ungrave ~ He asked me to post it here for him to work with when he couldn't look up the link I found with good info....I have edited the post to include the link to the source. There is so much good info out there that explaining is really too much like reinventing the wheel.

I do have IT training, but my specialty is not networks...but as you know, once you go IT you dabble in everything ~ A bit like your dad using a screw driver to fix a toaster maybe? Cancel that image, more like a three year old with a fork trying to fix the toaster cuz the bread got stuck. >_> Yep, that about sums it, accept for what I actually am trained to do that is, obviously. <_<

So....I hope that clears up who came up with such a complete response ~

Again, thank you for all the likes. :blobsmile:

AliceShiki and UnGrave like this.
  18. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    vpngate.net/en download the softethernet app from that website and use IP from different countries.....a few days back, my Pc could only download torrents but couldnt browse any site......phone was okay.....then wifi went mental showing no connection even tho phone was still doing fine.....had to switch countries.....

19. doroppu

doroppu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought this was gonna be a emotional thread about how NUF saved her from whatever, but it was a error solving one?!

AliceShiki, Femme Fatale and UnGrave like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.