Discussion NUF Thread Archive

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fossil, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Now...I'm not really sure what to say I was thinking when making this, but I saw @Blitz's thread about newbies being afraid of older accounts on this site. I mean, how did I join five years ago?! And I got to thinking...people who are new missed a whole bunch of events on NUF and maybe a few of them want to go back and see them.

I mean things like weddings, RPs, Tony's stripper phase, Daily Laughs, Tonylicious, NU Dating Site, etc. So I thought, "Why not just make a post that can link people to all of those threads, with a brief description of them?" Now, I'm a bit biased, so I know mine alone aren't enough. I'm going to try and keep this list actively updated by anyone's posts, especially events that I haven't participated in. This can also include profile posts, like the infamous Enigma Spam.

Anyway, once this is up and running for a bit, I'll move the links to the top of the thread. Also, if you can, please do give a brief summary and a date of when the event happened. I'd like to be able to sort this chronologically as best as I can. I should mention, all dates are in Pacific Time.

Clearly the most important link: Tonylicious - I believe this was performed by @Lurking, and it has remained in our hearts since.

December 3rd, 2015: Daily Laughs~ - You know it, I know it, it's the meme thread. Back when I was active in it, @A5G_Reaper had the best posts. Funnily enough, videos aren't actually allowed as per the thread's first post.
    November 11th, 2015: The Coffee (and Tea) Lounge - This thread was started by @LivingCorpse and is a crazy place that...serves coffee and tea? Wait, no...bullies the owner into giving them free stuff! Right! Why does Living Corpse get bullied so much in NUF, I'll never know.
    April 26th, 2016: 21 Dares - A simple game where you count by 1 or 3, and whoever counts to 21 has to do a truth or dare, within reason of course.
    July 3rd, 2016: Kingdom Royale Interest Thread - This thread is for a community game called Kingdom Royale where you can make friends, sip tea, and stab each other! There's also betrayal, stabbing, poisoning, stabbing, usurping the throne, stabbing, and revolution! Did I mention stabbing?
    August 10th, 2016: NUF Matchmaking Service - Do you want to find that special someone? That person to rant about your most hated novel tropes to? Then this thread had you covered!
    November 8th, 2016: Mafia Interest and OOC Thread - Once again, @A5G_Reaper shines here. They were the pioneers of NUf's Mafia culture, one which now even has automated games via @justabot. Look here if you're interested in getting into the games!
    February 3rd, 2017: NUF Matchmaking Service Valentines Event - Another thread to find that special someone in your life. Or maybe you just want to be friend-zoned. I don't know.
    March 31st, 2017: Introducing NUFDating.com - That's right, a dating site for nuffians! It has a 100% user satisfaction too, and great reviews! Unfortunately the site has been taken down since.
    September 9th, 2017: NUF Private Academy - This is the thread where I became active, and it was inspired by Seitokai Yakuindomo to begin with, as a bit of a like farming thread. It then quickly got out of hand with aliens, mechs, an evil student council that enslaved the student council president, but it's all good fun! Probably! This was started by @LivingCorpse, and is still occasionally active.
    October 18th, 2017: Rock Paper Scissors - Another one of Tony's nuffie making schemes, this time themed around gambling with an AI that cheats! Like always!
    October 21st, 2017: Nuf Turns Two + $600 Giveaway - @Tony celebrates the second birthday of his neglected child (according to Alice) and gave $600 back to translators as a cleverly disguised ruse to gain more Nuffies!
    January 1st, 2018: Nuf Got Talent Season 2 - I know, I know, where's season 1? No clue. Unfortunately it seems a few of the submission links are dead.
    January 12th, 2018: Magic Association - An RP where you were a mage doing adventurer's guild quests. Also Ice Phoenixes are terrible. This was ran by @The Everdistant Utopia to great effect!
    March 23rd, 2018: 2018 Nuf's Matchmaking Service - A...another one? Is this going to be yearly?! Are Nuffians so eager to become unable to be a sage?!
    April 8th, 2018: Breaking News Revealed by Justabot! - So I messed around with Justabot's reply function, and got some hilarious responses. It also has undeniable proof that @Tony-chan is a girl!
    June 2nd, 2018: Yuri Writing Contest 2018 - The beginning of the annual yuri writing contest!
    July 26th, 2018: Westeller X Parth37955 - Two mods, @Westeller and @Parth37955 are forcefully getting married, showering each other with their undying love!
    December 25th, 2018: 2019 NUF's Matchmaking Service - A 2019 matchmaking service...in 2018?! Be wary of time travelers!
    December 30th, 2018: Masquerade Ball - A masquerade hosted by @Hotato. It's a wonderful ball where princesses are seeking marriage to...each other?!
    January 28th, 2019: Adventurer's Guild V??? - The Advneturer's Guild, or AG, has had a lot of iterations and reboots, and this is the only one I could find in my watched threads. @AliceShiki puts a lot of effort into her RPs, and it's greatly appreciated.
    February 4th, 2019: NUF's Matchmaking Valentine 2019
    - So many...love must be a very fickle thing indeed.
    June 2nd, 2019: Yuri Writing Contest 2019 - The 2019 Yuri Writing Contest!
    June 1st, 2020: Yuri Writing Contest 2020 - The 2020 Yuri Writing Contest!
    September 29th, 2020: NUF Matchmaking - I...was it Stockholm syndrome for this one? Was everyone too isolated that they needed warmth?
    November 13th, 2020: Dungeons - Another great RP by @AliceShiki! Unfortunately, like most of the community games here, it ended too soon. Still, there's no reason to not revive it! Swamp Alice with more work! Share your creative powers to create your own dungeons and trample on the weaklings!
    February 12th, 2021: NUF Mathcmaking Service Valentines 2021 - A matchmaking service where you...compete? Eh? Have I been misjudging the previous services?!
    June 1st, 2021: Yuri Writing Contest 2021 - The 2021 Yuri Writing Contest! Open now!

And that's all that I have currently. Please share some memorable moments and I'll add them!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Still does. :blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

@Way

Lonelycity, Naraku, Lurking and 3 others like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lonelycity, Leo William and Ddraig like this.
  4. Kiss

Kiss {Cutie of the Chaos Family}

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Hmm, I think of the auctions that there may have been ~
    * selling nuf members *

Leo William and Lurking like this.
  5. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwww, this is so cute...

7. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the Academy already closed down during when I work on a Tuna boat to pay all the Academy's debt last Winter...

Bad Storm and Fossil like this.
  8. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, still need to make more Gunpla. Now back into your sweat shop!

Lurking likes this.
  9. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Noo! I don't want to go back to the basement!
    *Get dragged by mysterious tentacles*

Fossil likes this.
  10. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought so too. That's why I only enrolled at the Dragon Cave Boarding School.

11. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll add zome stuff later o/

Why stop there. There's the whole album

Fossil likes this.
  12. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Other links don't work anymore. At least the ones I found.

13. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    At last, I am done with Ddraig's wall of links.

Ddraig likes this.
  15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    rolling~

there event search hidden easter eggs across NUF thread
    there one thread about resistance of meatbun invasion
    there mega thread about webnovel, wuxiaworld then gravitytales
    21 dare thread once made NUF have plenty of ahegao, love confession and hmmm nothing
    danmei first
    there thread debate NU tag description hmmm there also thread discuss original english disguise as asian novel or something?
    there certain nuffian who made nuffies tax calculation
    meh announcement is good enuf

anyway lo and behold!
    cat army

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeons was not a roleplay, it's a forum game that relied heavily on dice rolling.

Fossil likes this.
  17. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Corrected! Thanks!

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not perform tonylicious

Why does that sound like me tho

Not me tho.
    edit
    :blob_thor::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

now people who aint know me have the wrong impression that might sound like my voice but the tone is all wrong

compliments to the singer but not me. Wait is this why people thoought i was a clone for so long... and i just went with it since i didn't know what they were implying about clones... drghttryr

19. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    My ears have been blessed .

Lurking and Fossil like this.
  20. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Clearly you have an evil twin.
    Clearly it’s not @Evil_Ginger.