Discussion Nuking mc’s

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldManGu, Sep 7, 2019.

1. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do authors think that mc’s can get nuked? I’ve seen a lot of modern day novels with the mc getting threatened by nukes. There is no way that a country could nuke a big city just to kill an Mc. They could only do it if he went to an island or something.

2. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    What story is that? Never seen one where nuke is threatened.

mir, Deleted member 155674 and Cryarc like this.
  3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, I’ve never seen it either.

I’ve seen it threatened on American TV and stuff, though. Like “Under the Dome.”

4. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    I know of one, a transmigration story, but I can't remember the title. something about the female mc was either a thief or an assassin and the world leaders or something came together, evacuated and entire city, and nuked her

5. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because the authors are stupid and cannot write...

I guess they want to either make a gag of some sort or create tension? It is unfortunately not uncommon and does not only relates to nukes. Many authors throw common sense out of the window

6. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the setting I guess. If it's modern day superpowers or cultivation I could see it making sense if mc is a significant enough of a threat

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't know much about this but I remember a novel where MC went to fight an army on sea, there were lots of modern weapons including a nuke that wasn't fired, it ended up with the MC as war spoils after he defeated the entire battalion, he wasn't threatened by it tho, even he was surprised that the enemy brought a nuke

8. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen a few that the MC thinks he can take one head on, but by that time the story had lost what little common sense (if any in the first place) it had any way and was well on the way to a garbage tale

9. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Man on top of Food Chain had MC being carpeted nuked in the desert... literally carpet nuked, up to 30 plus warheads are dropped onto his vicinity concentrating at 200 metres radius. This is because MC can
    1. Withstand high impact and damage
    2. Fly up to mach 10
    3. Has super-regenative/ near immortal-like body

10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken has multiple villains try to use aspectual nuclear attack magic on Rimuru’s crew. It fails, of course, and as his staff can ALSO use aspectual nuclear attack magic...:eek:

11. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    thats genuis sword immortal he was trying to free his master from her imprisonment that she set herself to heal from her injuries. the millitary wanted to nuke him cuz he became #1 most dangerous person from the wulin world or w/e it was that they called the martial arts world

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  12. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I remember one where the MC is on an operation or something but was actually a trap by his organization because he became too "powerful" and the top feel threatened. The mc died and transmigrated, don't remember the name though. It was some kind of bomb close to a nuke in power though.

Never seen one where he gets threatened by a nuke though, maybe except Main Character Hides his Strength but except for threaten they just bomb him.

13. MrBugaw

MrBugaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Fishing the Myriad Heavens there was a detente between the governments and martial artists. Nothing the government had aside from nukes could kill those at the top, but they are often among their cities so they didn't want to use that option except as a last resort. So they had whole departments that would send people to make sure no one would piss them off and make them go on a rampage. When those old monsters finally found a chance to leave the earth for greener cultivation pastures, the goverments on the earth cheered for joy at getting rid of them.

14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You underestimate the fear fodder's have towards the MC!

Kill *blah blah blah quote*, and kill the MC, you're the legend!

15. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    gonna try reading that then

16. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The following is the worse type of person to drop a nuke: an SJW nagging Flat-Earth mother-in-law who lives in a van down by the river with Seymour, a Chris Walken-sounding and silent film-watching vegan cannibal zombie moose.