Spoiler Nurturing the Hero to Avoid Death

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 40?

-I think the 1st part is Alfred's POV?
    -Lian's family is running from the calamity that might come to the village.
    -People/troops are assembling at Lain's house
    -Alfred wishes to protect Lian and the place he considers like something out of a dream
    ------
    -shift to Lian who faces off from his sword master what he says is the last time
    -sword master confronts him on his fear and desperation
    -Lian breaks down and confesses that he knows that demons will come and he will stand and fight
    -butler is surprised at either Lian or over the troops assembling in his name
    -the knight of the sword comes to help defend as promised, apparently he was late due to some monsters in the south
    -the goddess asked them to assemble to help her protect her "angel"???
    -Lian cries and thanks them from the bottom of his cute heart
    -Alfred receives the sword he should get at the end of the story "dawn and twilight sword"
    - with the ring and sword - Alfred proves himself to be.... the heir to THE LOST KINGDOM?!?! :blobastonished::blobdizzy: CLICHE!!!
    -Lian tsukkomi's hard, before malting and pleads the Alfred to keep it with him for the sword would protect him always
    -ALfred says pretty much that this sword is dedicated to protecting Lian and the village
    -the Goddess also gives the strongest weapon to Saint girl as well
    -they wait for the demons to come; sun sets (DRAMATIC:blobtriumph:)

Alniyat, ni-b, Blackcat95 and 13 others like this.
  2. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 41
    -the fight goes down
    -Lian's traps seem to be working and they're still evacuating the villagers
    -Lian's sword master is helping??
    -Lian is directing everything like a commander
    -Alfred is kicking butt and taking names
    -they win the fight, but lian feels something is off. he realizes something and starts running to alfred
    -pushes alfred out of the way and gets stabbed in the back as Lian fads out. he sees everyone crying and despairing
    -saint is tries to revive him -its useless
    -Lian dies in Alfred's arms

Alniyat, ni-b, Blackcat95 and 16 others like this.
  3. Fran.2424

Fran.2424 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooooooo don't die!!!!!!!!!!!! (ಥ_ಥ)

Alniyat likes this.
  4. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you so much @lazynoodles and also my heart is broken and please author fix this. TToTT

6. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait! What?! Why?! Who stabbed him?!

Oh and thanks @lazynoodles

Alniyat and pcheshire like this.
  7. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    LIAN IS NOT DEAD (he wakes up again).

I just skimmed a bit through those chapters while getting ready to write spoilers lol. And this novel has either ended or is going to end soon. It's currently at 44 chapters.

8. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch. 40:
    -most of this chapter about Lian being nervous and sending out knights, etc. to prepare for the monster invasion (that only he knows will come)
    -Alfred knows something's wrong, trying to get Lian to 'fess up. Lian thinks it'll be difficult to believe -- after all, another life/prophecy/what-have-you is pretty weird.
    -Lian does (sort of) tell the truth -- he gives this line about a star and not giving up to the dark. Then they're interrupted.
    -YAY the OP knights Lian sent for arrived. Goddess helped Lian out here.
    -one of the things the knight brought over was the 'Dawn and Twilight Sword' that Alfred was only supposed to get at the end of the game. It's like the sword in the stone lol, no one can draw it out. The conditions are harsh and requre: goddess' blessing, king's bloodline, and 'ring of inheritance' (that ring from the skeleton way in beginning of story that Lian looted)
    -Alfred puts on the ring (according to Lian's instructions) and draws the sword. And the blade is a bluish color, which means it's the FINAL STAGE of the sword lol, and not the initial stage (white-colored) that Lian expected.
    -saintess girl got her end-game weapon as well, this white cane blessed by the goddess.
    -Lian is thankful for the goddess helping him out. When the sun descends, the invasion begins...

Ch. 41:
    -as expected, at sundown, the alarm bells start ringing like crazy. Evacuation and preparation begin immediately. The saintess tags along with Lian and helps out, even though she's a complete battle newbie.
    -since the invasion will only stop if everything's trampled, they're going to KO the boss and put an immediate halt to it. Knights + Alfred + Lian + saintess are ready.
    -LOL...I think Lian's master for swordsmanship (he roped him along for this invasion) is falling for the saintess.
    -they see the boss: 'dragon wolf of the crown' in MTL, which I guess is something like Royal Dragon Wolf or Crowned Dragon Wolf. It's a demonic dragon variant with poison, etc.
    -weak spot is the middle eye (there's a red eye on its forehead) that Lian very helpfully shouts out.
    -with Alfred's OP sword, the monster's tough hide is nothing. He kills it.
    -monster tide withdraws. Everyone cheers and is happy.
    -unfortunately (and this is something only a nerd like Lian would know), not all monsters have their 'brains' in their head. Their brain can be distributed across the body or in a different place. Everyone's distracted, but Lian remembers this and sees a claw move. He runs over and pushes Alfred out of the way. Lian is stabbed/clawed across the back -- everyone is crying and saintess is desperately trying to heal him. Things fade to black...

Ch. 42:
    -Lian wakes up to the goddess crying
    -it turns out she just BARELY managed to save his soul from dissipating -- if you read xuanhuan/xianxia stuff, you'll know this means that his very EXISTENCE will be gone. No more reincarnation, nothing. Goddess unfortunately doesn't have the energy for anything else though, so she can't send him back to his body or anything
    -deus ex Alfred arrives! He somehow manages to come into this space as a shower of stars. Lian tries to get him to leave though, because this space is the place closest to death -- the longer he stays here, the likelier he is to die.
    -Lian tries to deny being 'Lian' (since his soul's appearance is different from 'Lian'), but that's shot down lol. It turns out his soul's appearance is midway between his original self and that of 'Lian.' Then Alfred fishes out the blue pendant hanging around Lian's neck (that he gave him) and is very smug -- definitive proof that he is Lian.
    -Alfred grabs Lian and asks goddess' permission to take her 'angel,' promising to treat him well. (sounds like son-in-law meeting mom LOL)
    -far from disagreeing, goddess flies over and begs Alfred to take Lian with him since she doesn't have the power to send him back herself. (poor goddess is even more chibi now)
    -goddess strains herself one last time to send them both. T^T (she's not dead, but she'll have to go to sleep in heaven for a long, long time before she can wake up)
    -Lian wakes up in the church. Alfred's at his bedside. Turns out Lian didn't wake up for a week... Poor Alfred is crying. ;-;
    -poor saintess passed out trying to heal Lian. Lian speculates it took him this long to wake up because magic can't do anything for regaining blood -- he lost too much in that injury, so his body had to reproduce the missing blood itself.
    -Lian indignant about how there are no tales of HIM traveling around -- only those about Alfred and the saintess. XD
    -Lian, Alfred, and the rest decide to travel to this sacred place and leave the village (to avoid bringing trouble). I can't tell in MTL if they join the church or not.
    -...Alfred wants to baptize the sacred place by having s*x. LOL
    -They cuddle and get it on.

End 1st arc.

Interlude: After leaving the village
    -Lian begins a journal, writes a monster compendium (this leads into 2nd arc)

Chapter 43:
    -a good day for outdoor activities! Lian and co. return to the village (after a time skip). A lot of cooking and yummy food as they're celebrating with Marie at the church
    -Lian thinks back to a sea monster they came across while at sea. Alfred... pretty much one-shot it. LOL. Then blah blah blah about some more adventures they had. Lian from the start didn't have the specs to grow to be as OP as Alfred, but Alfred still wants him around (I think this is one of Lian's insecurities). So they're still lovey-dovey.
    -...they also came across the Demon King and defeated him too. LOL. Poor 'normal' Lian's tsukkomi at the inhuman battle he witnessed and participated in.
    -the Hero and one of the party members (you can guess which two lololol) disappeared and never showed up at the celebratory banquet at the capital. They didn't like the limelight. Search parties are looking for them still.
    -Alfred & Lian continue on their journey to the 'sacred land' in the north. I can't figure out if this is the same 'sacred land' as the one mentioned at the end of Chapter 42 or a different one.

Chapter 44:
    -narrative goes back to Lian cooking food with Marie for a party.
    -AHAHAHA SO LIAN GOT MARRIED TO ALFRED. BY AN ARCHBISHOP. Lian took Alfred's last name I think. The mail carrier says mail is for 'Alfred & Lian Fulham.'
    -they also have rings. <3 Lian is super embarrassed~
    -Mr. Knight (now Knight of Salvation) & Saintess are still traveling around the world doing good. The letter is from them.
    -I think they did join the church in some capacity -- Alfred's going to be guardian from the shrine/temple guardian corp dispatched to Marie's location and Lian is training to be Marie's successor.
    -one of their buddies at the table sees Lian and Alfred flirting and starts yelling in the manner of people everywhere going 'riajuu, go explode!' LOL
    -chapter ends on this nice spring party with friends. Next chapter is last one, I think.

SheeLey, Alniyat, ni-b and 24 others like this.
  9. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aweeee~~ thank you so much!!!

scriptor likes this.
  10. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bless you @scriptor you chubby unicorn of joy and good tidings. I loved this story so much!!!

scriptor likes this.
  11. Leir

Leir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a new chapter out! And it's the last one :blobcry:

12. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    scriptor and Inland like this.
  13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Final chapter!

-Lian is pulled into Goddess' dream (I think)
    -Goddess woke up after her nap and wants to talk to him -- time flow is different between gods' world and theirs, so what was a super long nap for the goddess ended up being equal to the time skip
    -Goddess is cute and put-out at the fact that she missed their adventure. And that she couldn't help them along the way. LOL
    -Lian ended up taking up the wand (instead of the sword) as support, since Alfred & Knight Guy's swordsmanship start massively outstripping his. Lian as a character wasn't made to be as gifted in that area as they were.
    -Lian cheers up the godess
    -Goddess bids goodbye, since she's going to move onto creating another world. She thanks Lian for making the impossibly tragic story/world into a much gentler one, and for 'saving the world.'
    -according to the goddess, Alfred isn't the real hero -- Lian is -- because things continuing along the original track would have ended up in a broken world. It was a sad story that should have ended up in a sad world and ending, but thanks to Lian, it found a happy ending.
    -oh wow lol. So there's an 'after' ending for the original story that we never got to see -- original!Alfred would have ended up being so sad and lonely that I think (MTL makes this hard to decipher) he ends the world. I think some shadowy god or something talks with him and he chooses to end it all. So unhappy hero = end of the world.
    -both goddess and Lian get weepy and emotional after talking some more. They finish the conversation by agreeing to meet again (sometime).
    -Lian wakes up in his and Alfred's bedroom. There are things from their adventures decorating the room and Alfred's arm is slung across his waist.
    -feeling fond/sentimental, Lian turns around to face Alfred and touches him. This wakes up Alfred. Just as Alfred's about to press Lian into the mattress (LOL), Lian sees a shooting star out the window. This happens to spark some bad memories for Alfred (either from his original life? or from the past when he was wishing super hard that Lian wouldn't be taken away). Cue cuddling and Lian comforting him.
    -PFFFT after a super hard hug, Alfred presses Lian down into the bed for realz. Poor Lian, and he's got a report to give tomorrow too ahahaha~

Basically story ends on their happy domestic life right there. <3

SheeLey, Alniyat, ni-b and 27 others like this.
  14. Kezkezi

Kezkezi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANKYOU VERY MUCHHH,,,,
    Aaahhh,,, how cuteeee,,, T^T

pcheshire, scriptor and Ryss like this.
  15. G_Alejandro_L

G_Alejandro_L Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    T︵T sad that it’s over...

pcheshire and Darcy like this.
  16. Deleted member 197532

Deleted member 197532 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my favorite novels! Too cuteee! <3

17. Alegria Jones

Alegria Jones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So that’s the extras as well?
    So how did the village know that the invasion was going to happen?
    Did Lian tell them?
    How come they beloved him?

18. Alexa Esme

Alexa Esme Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did u MTL “Nurturing the Hero to Avoid Death”?? Plz tell me. I’ve been looking for a site where I can read the English MTL for NHAD but can’t find anything

19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no ready-made English MTL lol, I had to go to the original site on Syosetsu and use Google.

20. YeYueLiang

YeYueLiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried but I got a headache. it result more hard that MTL cnovels :blobwoah: so I better wait for translation blobmelt_thumbs