Forgotten Title Old british film about a Witch Hunt

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by CharLok, May 16, 2018.

1. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I probably won't get an answer here but I'll try anyways.

A Long time ago when i was no older than 10, back in my old primary school where teachers used to roll in box-like TV's on a small trolley(I live in Britain by the way).
    I remember watching this tragic film (not sure if it was a series or movie) based on a certain witch hunt in a village (?) during historic England.

From what I remember, there was this girl who lied about being able to identify witches, and accused some people of being witches, then received money as a reward. At first it started out small, then it gradually got out of hand as they began to accuse more and more people of being witches or demons or smth.

Lots of people died, and they all got hanged, and the village people started to fight back as they all died proclaiming their innocence (? i dunno, i may have got this from a different movie?? sorry i was too young)
    Anyways, i remember this girl running away with all her money after being scared shitless after basically murdering half her village.

and then most vividly, I remember this guy screaming "GOD IS DEAD" while crying, i think this was why this movie left such an impression on me.
    I don't think many people watched this as it's a REALLY OLD film. even back then almost a decade ago, I felt that it was really old. (It might have been played on VHS).

I may or may not have mixed information of two movies or tv series together so I'm sorry, but some guy did definitely scream "God is dead" in it.

does anyone know???

Moontsuki likes this.
  2. toticky

toticky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Moontsuki

Moontsuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody ever suspects the spanish inquisition.
    Fun fact the Spanish Inquisition sends out a 30-day warning ...

I remember watching that which hunt movie but i also cant remember it T^T, ill try asking a few friends.