Forgotten Title Old Chinese Animated Movie

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by DivineLink, Jun 14, 2020.

1. DivineLink

DivineLink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for a really old Chinese anime that was probably made in the 1990s or 2000s. The general storyline was something like this:

A kid (can't remember if it was a girl or boy, lean towards the former) is walking around in the mountain forest when something falls out of the sky. It may have been a cauldron or a giant egg but later on a dragon appears and I believe she literally just calls it Xiao Long.

Xiao Long gradually grows bigger and for some reason, the pair set off on a journey and there is an organization in the shadows trying to steal the dragon away. Later, in a bar of some kind, the dragon indeed does get stolen and the kid tries to find him again.

The boss of the organization is some kinda spider lady and the kid finally reaches the lair after some time has passed (but not too long). So there's this bridge on top of a pool of lava and apparently the spider lady boss tamed the dragon which had now grown to an enormous size. The dragon swims around in the lava and answers her call to wipe the floor with the kid, then the kid tells the dragon to remember who s/he is. After an internal struggle, the dragon recalls who the kid is and attacks the spider lady boss instead to her dismay.

The dragon had his growth accelerated so he may have shrunk at the end and anyways, the pair lived happily ever after?

Ring a bell for anyone?