Chinese Omni Genius

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by JustDiededed, Nov 10, 2017.

1. JustDiededed

JustDiededed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Omni Genius
    Raw Link:don't know
    NU Link (if avaliable): http://www.novelupdates.com/series/omni-genius/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    While I'm aware that it's a really long shot, I have to try, as I really enjoy this kind of novels (modern world, lvl up/skill system).
    You must know that the author (probably) dropped this novel, BUT it has 3000+ chapters, so there's still a lot of interesting arcs to translate. I've read ahead a little with mtl and I was even sadder that the translator dropped this, because it's really just beggining. I think this has some potential, and there's a lot of readers interested in the genre.
    Description (if you can find one):

Author’s Synopsis:

Being able to learn any skill immediately, and just by raising its proficiency, stand at the summit.

He is the World Chef Association Honorary Chairman, having the title of the World Chef God.

He is the greatest composer, pianist, and conductor after Beethoven and Mozart.

He also has the title of Underground Racing King, Fist King, Gambling King, Giant of the Stock Exchange Market, Arm of the Industries and King of the Skies.

He who has a miraculous learning ability and can stand at the apex of all things if he so wishes for it, the Omni Genius.

Translator’s Synopsis: Story of Qin Fang learning everything and standing at the top.

Synopsis is subject to change as story progress.

2. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoy reading this story, I hope someone picks it up.
    Edit: (I actual thought that this was Omni-Magician - translator is droping it)

3. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasnt this one with the extreme nationalism?

4. ioriangel

ioriangel 『Terrible Kitsune Oneesan』『Stabber』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ewwwwww, it smells of chuuni

5. JustDiededed

Reading List:
    Link
    Up until chapter 150~, no. I don't think this is the one you're thinking about.

6. JustDiededed

Reading List:
    Link
    your point?

animefan217 and kuroAnsatsu like this.
  7. GilgameshX2114

GilgameshX2114 Eccentric Gil, Almighty Immortal, God of All

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this was dropped because the author haven't released any chapter for a long time.

8. JustDiededed

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, as I've said in the "Why this should be picked up" part, the author has probably dropped this. BUT it does have 3000+ chapters.

GilgameshX2114 likes this.
  9. Macrendil Ysmir

Macrendil Ysmir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like it if it were picked up. I like the modern world+game system setting a lot. Stuff like Hedonist Sovereign, NEET receives a Datingsim etc. Just regular modern day is good as well, Returning from the Imortal World, Red Packet Server and the like. Because Omni Genius is similar to these in various ways, I'd very much like to read more from it.

JustDiededed likes this.
  10. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Dropped after 3k+ chapters is worse than dropped after 200 chapters or so...cuz it means that you will either not enjoy it till then, or hate it afterwards.

11. JustDiededed

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the previous translator, it seems that the story changed a lot after a while, turning into a 'normal' revenge xianxia story. I believe there's still a lot to enjoy in this story until it gets to this point.

12. gdimmu

gdimmu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually it impresses me that it reached 3k or more chapters, when the author wasted (in my opinion) 3 or more chapters in some jade cutting bullshit I thought in dropping the novel.
    i thought this novel was up to a good start(once again this is my opinion), and wasn't even minding the slow pace, but if the author reaches a "creative" block so earlier I start to second guess...

13. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Please this, i love novels where the mc is a jack of all trades.

animefan217 likes this.
  14. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cockroach villian the author really dragging out like around 800+ chapter that mc completely beat him
    The first guy that make him lose his job because of jealous about mc getting close with the girl he like
    even after all that he still spare him i think i was like wtf with all the system and all the thing he can do he could easily beat him but author just gotta drag it out

also harem are just introduced but left hanging like that especially later in the story the girl just disappear and forgotten

ugh