LCD Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She has her own server where she speaks up you know....

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, it really ticks me off when the MC keeps people loyal to him out of the loop. I don't mind him not telling them they are in a book, t's not that relevant in the grand scheme of things. But he knew that they couldn't use skills in this place properly, if he would have told them that, then they could have prepared better. Instead he tells them to run towards the smoke and don't fight.

He really should stop acting like a messiah and start treating his subordinates as people.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  3. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    IN his defense, he didn’t think it would be so intense. The probability of the island. And unlike him, his teammates are strong even without the stories. And he had faith in them.
    And another point I just realized. They are always being watched. And only when something important happens, will they block the channel and set up a barrrier. But if KD had done as you said and warned his team members, and they started preparing. It would seem strange to the constellations watching. And everyone knows that KD has knowledge that others are not able to know.
    Now imagine, this highly likely scenario.
    KD TELLS PARTY.
    PARTY DOES INTENSE PHYSICAL TRAINING DAILY TO PREPARE FOR THE ISLAND.
    Constellations see.
    CAUSE THEY CANT BLOCK THE CHANNEL FOREVER.
    They start investigating, and realizing the truth of the island. Now imagine. PREAPRED CONSTELLATIONS.
    KD might have a messiah complex, but his reasons and actions are backed by logic and much thought,

Dimension Breaker and Lonelycity like this.
  4. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally, I'd agree with you. At first one can argue since MC is so OP due to being a regressor, it might seem the island is easier than it is. But since he actually saw constellations being slaughtered easily, he should have known that there is a high difficulty. (I also find it a bit odd that constellations are being killed so easily too, I know he says it is due to them not training their physical bodies or properly controlling ther stories, BUT, if you look at things objectively, humans are weak, in comparison, many constellations should be mythical creatures with a far higher strength than humans due to their base being a dragon or a monster)

Well anyways, back to the point. You say he "trusted them". One can say that about the ones in the story, but what about ones that aren't? Like the 2 children? (side note, why do the 2 children always end up together even when separated by random?)

He can block the channel to tell them and have them do physical training just fine. Even if the constellations are watching, they won't think much of it, it isn't like them training is odd by any means and many constellations are doing their own preparations. Keep in mind, most of them didn't even care about the island and were thinking about the war.

Not to mention it sounded like he didn't even tell them basic information.

5. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, just maybe, he may have put too much confidence that they will be just fine after all they had experienced, I guess not. Kim Dokja isn't exactly what you could call as a natural leader, but as a reader then yes.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  6. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, I felt that after he told them the truth, he would be more upfront with them. Instead he seems to be using their trust even more since now they are following him blindly.

It isn't a matter of being a leader, it's a matter of betraying the trust they put into him.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  7. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, you're definitely right. I guess he has space for more character development to go. :blobpats:

Hoshiandme likes this.
  8. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    The Revolutionary Scenario prior to [Demon World's Spring].

Overclock likes this.
  9. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't get why the protagonist couldn't beat the scenarios after so many life times. From what we've seen only the first 10 are hard. The rest not so much. Maybe side characters who aren't as strong as they are now due the main character's interference could die, but I don't see how the protagonist couldn't make it to the end, or get close to see it. Long as you don't take any big risk after making it past the first 10 scenarios I can't see why the protagonist and at least his core party couldn't make it to at least the 80's scenarios. I really haven't seen anything so far that completely stops you from beating the scenarios, excluding bonus stuff like the demon king selection or war between good and evil which are all optional.

10. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the protagonist isn't very smart. Actually, the entire party is mostly made of muscle brains. Probably because mostly muscle brains made it out of the 1st few scenarios. Of course smart people do exist, so normally you would have a strategist and work with them to find solutions to all the scenarios so that they can be repeated optimally. But in the 2nd round, he got betrayed by Anna craft. Not sure how he was prior, but that would definitely impact ones trust issues. Especially around scheming types.

I will also point out the MC says the party members are stronger than when they were at around this time. Add in items MC made from coins (unlike MC, protagonist hates sucking up to constellations) and the ability to read the future. There is also the demon slayer who wasn't there and is pretty darn useful with dealing with evil beings.

PS the 80th scenario is a special scenario that opens in special conditions like the demon war. We don't know how hard 66-79 is

Hoshiandme likes this.
  11. ladyartemis

ladyartemis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ho. As much as I want to know (i reeeaaallly wanna know), i will look forward to it (where can i search for the spoiler) hoho.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  12. CamDaz

CamDaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys, now that the translator dropped it who picked up the novel?

13. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a spoiler thread for ORV here in novelupdates forum. Check it out if you wanna spoil urself

Shield Loyalist and Lonelycity like this.
  14. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Im anxious if the quality of translation will drop. ORV is the only novel I read in web-novel. Everything else is meh.

CamDaz and Lonelycity like this.
  15. ladyartemis

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm, could you tell me the exact title of the forum or thread? I tried to search it but to no avail.

16. winterblossom

winterblossom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ladyartemis likes this.
  17. ladyartemis

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because he regress to resolve the problem from the previous round not to prepare for several step ahead imo

19. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Goodbye innocence o/

20. ladyartemis

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. I am starting to have withdrawal symptoms. Sigh.