LCD Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Jul 4, 2018.

1. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there any form of romance in this novel?

2. IllidanStormrage

IllidanStormrage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    noope

3. GGbookluver

GGbookluver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I kind of liked that. This way the MC communicates with the other characters and not only pays attention to a love interest.

Chenqing and FIEND like this.
  4. GGbookluver

GGbookluver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WHAT!? Really!!! Where?

5. number 999

number 999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. taucchan

taucchan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who have already finished the novel, how did you interpret that ending?

7. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter of manhwa out.:D

GGbookluver likes this.
  8. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Gasterny

Gasterny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys know if the author has any contact information? Twitter,email,etc?

10. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

Hes kinda depicted as below average
    And kinda like 30 yo too
    He has the uncle vibes in the group
    Honestly the closest it comes to romance is when a chick leans in to him and he kinda thinks its for a kiss and he gets flustered
    But she only did it to startle him

GGbookluver likes this.
  11. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the manwha is really well done.

GGbookluver likes this.
  12. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg I didn't picture the dokkaebi to be that ugly. XD

13. Deleted member 193678

Deleted member 193678 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I was enjoying it until the translator change at Ch. 363. The fact that the new translator changed “Stone and I” to “Pebble and I” means there’s some trolling involved.

edit: I tried the chromium extension, InteractiveFics. But it doesn't work that well in case of multiple matches. For example, I want to replace the Heewon's new name to "Jung Heewon", "Heewon", and "Heewon-ssi" depending on context. The extension's pattern matching fails to match the replacements correctly. Fuck it. Great job, translator.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2020
  14. Deleted member 193678

Deleted member 193678 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's just unfortunate. I was looking forward to read the manhwa since I dropped the novel.

15. Smoss

Smoss Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before I start reading this ... For that that have finsihed - does this novel have a sad ending ? BC I saw the tragedy tag and was getting war flashbacks to banana fish and I really don't want to go through that again

16. number 999

number 999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ending is not bad. its actually better than most novels out there.

17. Konstantin

Konstantin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo, I'm at 260th chapter and the novel has some obvious flaws. The actual system and power-levels were never explained, but before that there at least were stats. Now that MC became a constellation power-levels are even more messy. He is a narration-level, but he struggles against low-ranked constellations for reasons that never properly explained. It is also isn't explained how his incarnation body is related to his status of constellation and how it works for other constellations. Simply put, the power balance of the story is a complete mess, basically, fights and powers are just decided by the author arbitrarily unlike cultivation or litrpg novels, which is really bad for this type of story. The plot itself isn't bad, but many things are rushed and just briefly skipped over. Some characters that are supposed to be important like the protagonist's ex-gf or little sisters don't play ANY role in the story, they just exist somewhere in the background. And lately it became the same for Kim Dokja's old companions left over at Earth.

Also, it really feels like a yaoi/shounen-ai story, just with romance removed, lol. Only men are described as attractive, handsome, and hot, while women are almost completely ignored. MC and the protag are shipped hard by constellations and party members, though it is funny at first, but not so much when you realize that those two are more interested in each other than in girls, lol. I start to suspect that the novel is so highly rated because of the fujoshi crowd. All yaoi novels are always overrated, after all.

Does it become any better later? I'm somehow intrigued by the overall plot, but the core aspects of the story - characters and weak-to-strong struggle are just too annoying.

Xi-hime likes this.
  18. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Konstantin
    • The confusing part is that KR Novel author is trying to using the "typical Cultivation levels/realms template" and disguising it as Non-Cultivation, while trying to make it sound unique and cool.
    • The trope of "Crippling of Cultivation Level" will show its ugly face in the story later on.
    • Due to the fact there are 2 different translators handling the translation, things get more confusing when 2nd translator took over.
    • Both translators have different views and visions on how world building related should be interpreted.

• I keep judging the so-called romance as an unholy-threesome between MC (Kim Dokja) and the two other secondary protagonists (Yoo Joonghyuk and Han Sooyoung). (Sorry, Yoo Sangah, you should just remain a nun and side character).
    • MC (Kim Dokja) tries his best to reject his "Sub" position in the relationship for at least most of the story.
    • Secondary protagonist, Yoo Joonghyuk is basically like the violent, abusive, selfish alpha "Dom" ML of any Female-MC Romance or Yaoi Romance Novel.
    • There is plenty of bickering, falling-out and making-up between Kim Dokja and Yoo Joonghyuk. (I simply call it flip-flopping in a relationship).
    • Secondary protagonist, Han Sooyoung is the only character that has the highest understanding of MC (Kim Dokja). She has to resolve the fallout (aka sloppy seconds) and bad decisions from Kim Dokja and Yoo Joonghyuk.
    • As to whether the story will get better. You can read my scathing review on ORV here: https://www.novelupdates.com/fdrev/?comid=174396&sid=17672

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Xi-hime, animefan4004 and Konstantin like this.
  19. chioux

chioux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    question um i am at ch26 of the webtoon for orv from which chapter do i continue in the novel?

20. averagesimp

averagesimp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    start at 27, the manhwa chapters go hand and hand with each chapter so far i think !!