Spoiler One Day, My Dad Showed Up/My Father The Possesive Demi-God

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by pastelroses, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Mariahiisall

Mariahiisall Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please :blob_plusone:

2. Selene830

Selene830 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please looks interesting!

3. itz_me_biatch

itz_me_biatch Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It got a manhwa adaptation [​IMG]

4. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoil us please :blobReach::blob_plusone:

5. teni_tine

teni_tine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoiler please :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

6. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers pleaseee

7. dunnoperson_

dunnoperson_ is reading your spoiler

Reading List:
    Link
    Launching on December 29 - Pocket Comics
    d45b4428fefb5447e0e9e843583a17ce6106c9a7_512_728_209699 (1).jpeg
    [​IMG]

Screenshot_20221124-193454.png Screenshot_20221124-193343.png
    MC's Father:
    Screenshot_20221124-193734.png
    MC's Mother:
    Screenshot_20221124-193818.png
    MC's Twin Sister:
    Screenshot_20221124-193857.png

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  8. novel_manga-fan

novel_manga-fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Associated Names: My Father the Possessive Demi-God, 어느 날 아빠가 나타났다
    NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/one-day-my-dad-showed-up/
    Description:
    During the springtime of the year I turned nine years old, a father I didn’t even know existed suddenly showed up.

“Why are you here, Duke? It was comfortable when we didn’t see each other.”
    “You’ve been comfortable all this time, so isn’t it time for you to be uncomfortable, Your Highness?”

Turns out, my mother was actually the daughter of a tyrant. And my father was the Duke who overthrew that tyrant.

“O, great and busy Duke of Chelsiers. Did you look for me just to make me feel uncomfortable?”
    “Is it so strange for a husband to look for his wife?”
    “Do we still have that relationship? Ah, I forgot. Well then, let’s get divorced.”

…Can anyone tell me what’s going on with these two??

“I wish I was there to hug you when you were younger.”

It was a low whisper filled with a mixture of soft, warm and sad feelings.
    I hesitated a little before I confessed.

“I often made Mom upset before. If I met you earlier, you might’ve hated me.”

Dad burst into laughter at my words. Even though… I meant what I said.
    After a long laugh, he looked at me with a hint of a sorrowful smile on his lips.

“If we had met earlier, you would’ve called me Dad more. That’s enough for me.”

jkumi7 likes this.
  9. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Emdie

Emdie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found chapter 2 and 3 of the novel translated into Arabic. I'll MTL them in a bit, but here's some chapter 2 spoilers

>The MC is kinda embarrassed because her magic failed, and is a bit wary but then realizes that the situation isn't as serious as she thought it was

>The duke (aka their dad) kneels down and asks if they're twins, he asks for their names, they tell him and he tells them his (which is Arthur)

>MC wonders why her mom ran away from their dad while pregnant, and what their relationship was like

>The mom calls for them and finds them, she doesn't realize that he's there but then he calls for her and she freezes up
    >> The MC notes that "His face is no longer elegant or polite"

> The duke was like "we finally see each other again" and the mom is hostile and is like "...I didn't expect to see you again"
    >>The duke looks at the twins and says "Didn't know that you had my daughters" the mom replies with "well you didn't need to know"

>MC is like 'well its obv that they didn't have a good relationship'

>The mom then was like "well it was nice and comfy not seeing your face" then the duke was like "well its time for you to be uncomfy then"
    (their dialogue is rlly funny lmaoooo)
    >>She then was like "the duke going thru all the effort to find me just to make me uncomfy?" he then was like "well isn't it normal for a husband to find his wife?" she then was like "oh right I forgot lets get a divorce" he then says "did you know that you escaped the death penalty?" (The mom's dad (the king) was a tyrant and the duke overthrew him)

>MC is super confused and is wondering what her mom did to get the death penalty

>The mom tells the duke that "yo you lived well all of these years without them so it wont kill you if you do that for the rest of your life"
    >> He was a bit hurt and softly said "did you think that I lived well?" and the mom hesitated for a bit (also I forgot to mention but her name is charlotte)
    >> She keeps at it tho and says "You and I both know that you survived"

> Anyway he manages to take them to his carriage and is like "well I'll serve you now, you parented them all of this time so I want to do my part too" *not sure about this part because I read it when I was half asleep*

> The duke also asks who the MC really looks like (she has dyed hair, her hair is silver but its dyed to black)

toneta, MiraJane, chomuske and 24 others like this.
  11. Rose Nightingale

Rose Nightingale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I just say, I am LOVING that the mom is actually alive in a child!MC father/daughter (sounds like one) story. I get tired of all the dead good moms in these. Please let the dads have happy endings with their loves like the daughters do with theirs.

12. Godleydemon

Godleydemon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of surprised there isn't any real spoilers for this yet with it already being on page 2. There is deffinantly some interest in this story, that's for sure.

13. Rose thorns

Rose thorns Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much

Emdie likes this.
  14. Emdie

Emdie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got busy sorry, for some reason the website that had the translations is down. I hope it's only for today, luckily I still have some of the MTL for chapter 2.
    I didn't have the chance to go over the whole thing,,,so if anything doesn't make sense then sorry lol.
    (if anyone can find more chapters in Arabic or Spanish then feel free to send me the link)
    Also this is only about half of the chapter, I'll try to dig and find more.
    (I fixed some stuff up in the translation, bc google translate sucks)

It's not that I wasn't embarrassed, but that I didn't have time to be casually surprised. I pulled Esil behind me.

"Don't come any closer." At least it seemed less serious than it felt.

I'm glad it wasn't.

The man was already very close.

Whether to listen or not, he looked at me and Esil as if he was thinking. Cold sweat broke out from his clasped hands.

He looked at the clenched hands and stopped there.

I just didn't look down

A man who never seemed obedient... ... ... ... bent a knee casually, lowered himself, and lowered us.

Looking to the future, it contains something that is neither analysis nor greed.

He looked curious and a little trembling, but above all he was serious.

“Are you twins?”

The first word was low and firm.

Elegant enunciation, precise tone, and disciplined decency, it is similar to what I felt from my mother.

I answered the idea lumped. (or I awkwardly answered (the question))

"yes."

"Your names are Claire and Esil?"

Meanwhile, Esil was half protruding from my back. Without hiding her alertness and curiosity

Even if you write “Who are you?” On your innocent face, you will not be as blatant as me.

The man smiled faintly at the bright expression.

Soon, the younger sister spoke to him without stopping. Still with a bouquet in my arms.

"My name is Essil" What's yours?

“Arthur. Arthur Constantine Desandos".

……Arthur.

As soon as I heard that, I had to try not to hold my sister's hand tightly. Issel is spell-prone, but I'm not.

I knew this name as soon as I heard it. I am sure this man knows.

"Icel is a variant of 'Arcial'."

The mother gave the name of the biological father to the daughter who did not look like the biological father at all, and the daughter who looked like the biological father gave the name she had thought of.

We are now fumbling softly on the thin, fragile surface of plain truth.

And when I broke it, Essel and I didn't know what was inside.

“……. This is the dominant quality of a man.”

It's a little far.

Is it wrong to complain about boredom several times a day? But isn't this very surprising? Why did she become pregnant with us and run away from our biological father?

What exactly was our father's relationship with our mother?

Questions that were completely different from the previous ones kept coming and going in vain.

She could not stand it any longer and was about to ask why he had come to us. The man quickly turned his head.

“Claire! Essel! Are you there?”

The man's eyes were shining. The light of ecstasy interrupted my words.

It was my mother's voice.

Neither Isil nor I could answer. But it doesn't matter anyway. She knows where we play.

Mom showed up on a little hill, as did Essel.

“Why don’t you answer while you are here? you said you would come early….”

When her mother's voice stopped, the man gently nodded.

"Charlotte".

I saw the man's expression clearly.

His face was not polite at all. It's not elegant anymore.

He is still handsome, but he was far from the reason for winter.

His face was desperately calm. He tries to hide all the heat under him.

If expectations, joy, and aspirations are so overwhelming, are people sick?

The face is somewhat like pain.

The man said quiet words to Claire's mother who was still parked on the hill.

"We finally see each other again."

“...I didn't expect to see you again.”

The mother's voice was hostile. The mask of the quiet man was slightly broken.

"I didn't know you had my daughters." *looks like Esil is a girl *

"Didn't you think you were a father you didn't need to know?"

One thing is for sure.

I don't think my mom lived well with him.

My mom walked down the hill and pushed Esil and me. As if we were invisible.

"Why are you here?" It was a relief to live without seeing my face.

“Since you are at ease, isn’t it time for you to be uncomfortable, Your Majesty?”

The man was sarcastic.

0 …… I don't know how on earth I gave birth to a child, although I don't know what I am.

People who only faced five minutes fought as if they had been like this for 50 and a half years of their lives.

My mother laughed at me without losing heart.

“The Busy Grand Duke of Celcius are you looking for me to make me uncomfortable? ”

“Is it strange for a husband to find his wife?”

We were still like this? I didn't realize that. Let's shoot."

Wow, we've been dating for less than 10 minutes and we're talking about getting divorced?

What kind of couple are these people ……. Even if I wait and watch for a moment, I can see that the relationship fell apart, so how did they live it?

The man, who closed his eyes and opened his eyes in excitement, forced his voice to soften.

“You can't do that. Your Highness, how can you… … do you know that you escaped death penalty?”

……The death penalty? What else was she doing that's why she was sentenced to death?

No, it's funnier than that.

I appreciate the thought of changing my words after glancing at my sister in the middle…… I fought so hard up until now, and now?

I wear a bit of her sour face.

She did not understand anything, but gently patted her younger sister, who looked as if she was about to cry because the adults had a fight.

Esil, who was crying, quickly calmed down, as if her mother had also made a mistake.

The argument subsides for a moment, and the man looks down on us. Dark complexion with deep regret.

“What do you regret?”

Was your pregnant wife so close that she ran away? Didn't the twins the wife gave birth to find out that they had grown up so much? Have you met and you were arguing about your reason?

There were a lot of things I thought I didn't know about the situation.

The mother who froze Isil looked somewhat. Her anger must have subsided when she saw her little daughter, and she spoke in a weary voice.

“If you continue to leave me as the Duchess of Chelsers to save me, isn’t it really simple?”

“…….”

“Just come back and say I'm dead.

you can look at kakaopage and translate the novel from there, the only problem is that the translate app/site that you use has to be able to translate images. I'm pretty limited because I can't access my phone right now.

15. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tale As Old As Time and still a popular outdated trope since Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty & The Beast.
    In reality there are far more disrespected struggling strong single parent mothers than fathers.
    Exited to see if the mother of this FL has real attitude and character.

Thanks for your effort!

Can you already tell, if the father of the MC/FL is decent or trash?

I can't stand another delusional shit father bothering his small young daughter like in 'Born As the Hidden Daughter of the Villain and the Male Lead' :blob_coughblood:

16. Emdie

Emdie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you're welcome!
    Tbh so far the MC is pretty good, she's still young but she's really smart (thankfully not another dumb FL, those make me lose it), but from what I've seen the plot is pretty focused on the reunion between the parents, and the MC's opinion of the duke (she's p much just heavily observing him and her mom). Well its only the start tho.
    Also, the duke is pretty nice and reasonable, he doesn't act overly friendly or expects the mom or the kids to immediately like him.

17. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or drag them against their will with lots of blackmail, violence, threat, sabotage, fearmongering or 'how will the noble high society think of her?'.....
    This is how many tyrannical villainous dominant antihero alpha husband MLs have often behaved towards their loved ones in Cheap Romance Stories.
    It's possible the enemies of the father will send assassins to kill FL & her Mother for whatever conspiracy drama reasons which force them to be with the Duke Dad and then getting served/spoiled with enormous luxury. And there will be very likely jealous classist delusional dumb bitches targeting them...:notworthy:

So many Asian (Isekai) FanRom authors have overused this kind of plot way too much....:p

Let's see how formidable this FL/MC will be.

Emdie likes this.
  18. Emdie

Emdie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is overused, its pretty annoying too, and honestly even the current plot is pretty popular, the only difference is that the mom is alive. I'm curious as to how the mom and dad's relationship progresses, I hope it's done properly instead of rushed. In a way, it reminds me of cinderella wasn't me, but it was only a subplot there. I have high hopes for this one, hope it doesn't disappoint.

19. Eva_SanaMaramingUpdate

Eva_SanaMaramingUpdate Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No spoilers

I stumble in another thread, its also way back 2021 and says that no one translates it so ig that explains it. I hope many mtls warrior will show up. I badly need it! hahahahah

Flowing_Time likes this.
  20. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoil us please :blob_plusone:, I'm really curious about this one. It's hard to find a story with the mom still alive like this lol

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022