LCD One Piece

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by AliceShiki, Apr 28, 2018.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod* It's nice seeing how Luffy can be a hero while still being a pirate and hunted by the marines~

Nami Heartfilia likes this.
  2. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly prefer character development over fights although I must admit fights and wars can contribute to that xd

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer character development too, but I do enjoy reading a good fight... I just don't want 200 chapters of meh fights with 0 development like it happened on the mainstream shounens on their grand epic wars.

4. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    >.< Haven't read any One Piece since the giant elephant, which was....three years ago now? I should probably catch up soon...

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Do catch up! The last arc was INTENSE!!!!

The next one is... It gives a conflicting feeling, I hope it's a small interlude instead of a proper arc, but it also seems to be really good anyway... So I'm conflicted of wanting to see it and wanting it to pass quickly.

6. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's getting really good. A bit boring recently but now another super arc is close to start.

7. Nami Heartfilia

Nami Heartfilia Zhongli is my true love and husband

Reading List:
    Link
    i wonder if the others reached Wano yet... I hope they didn't get lost... (aka I hope Zoro didn't steer the ship without supervision.)

Wyntile, Matsurika and AliceShiki like this.
  8. FlukeStrike

FlukeStrike Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a quick question: I dropped One Piece like 6 months ago and was wondering if I should check it out again?

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they did, I mean... They wouldn't be adrift this whole time, would they? There would be no point in splitting the party then! >.<
    Depends, if you liked the series, the pace is the same as ever. I like it as much as I did in the past.

If you didn't like it anymore, there isn't much of a reason to pick it up.

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG, why did Shanks appear at the world government!? >.<
    I think it's nice to see how things aren't as black and white as it looked like though, like how the government is willing to listen to a pirate instead of attacking them because they know of how much power Shanks has...

I'm also really curious on what Garp did against Kaidou and Big Mom! I thought he was the hero of the marines because he had fought against Roger time and time again... To think it was because of something involving those 2... So curious!

And to think one of the Celestial Dragons ended up stopping Neptune from attacking the others... I'm so glad, almost everything Shirahoshi's mother fought for would have gone to dust...

Also nice to see Lucchi back, on the CP0 at that... Seems like he is as dedicated to his job as ever... Or rather, he seems even more dedicated, it's kinda amazing... He seems completely brainwashed... I wonder what would be Luffy's reaction if they met again...

So many things happening on those chapters! I can't wait for the next one! >.<

11. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link

My guess, Shanks either wants to talk about Black Beard, White Beard(mustaches)’s Son, or Buggy.

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt it is about Buggy... Whitbeard's Son... I honestly forgot he had one... >.>

Blackbeard is possible, but it might also be about Luffy... I'm curious, I wonder how much more there is to Shanks than we know... I mean, I think he is the only one among the Yonkou without a Devil's Fruit? All Marine Admirals also seem to have it as well, so... There is definitely something really amazing about him, but he is the one we know the least about at the same time.

Not only that, he was also spending some time dillydallying on Luffy's hometown, which should have Garp in it... Isn't it a bit weird if you think about it? Garp surely know who he was... There is something quite mysterious about Shanks I guess~

So... I'm really curious about it~ *kisses*

13. Nami Heartfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Okay- wut, KAIDO AND BIG MOM?! DON'T PLEASE. ONE PERSON AT A TIME. HOW CAN LUFFY DEFEAT YOU AT THE SAME TIME. (*ehem* he can learn the shadow clone technique).

Stelly. Is that a death flag I'm smelling or something?

CHARLOSS YOU------

... Don Quixote..?

SHANKSSS!!!

*dies out of anxiousness* revive me when the next chapter arrives...

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr!? This chapter was glorious!!!!

Well, Luffy can't beat Kaidou and Big Mom at the same time with just his tripulation I think, but it might be possible with the help of Wano and his grand pirate fleet...

And Stelly is... >.>

15. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Reddit is a thing~

Seeing the princesses related to Strawhats together is nice~

So...Kuma is alive? My life is a lie then. And how is Bonney related to Kuma?

Latest chapter gives impression that they'll... choose a new Celestial Dragon?
    There are torn bounty notices of Luffy and Blackbeard, a stabbed picture of Shirahoshi and the mysterious king holding Vivi's picture (which is quite a coincidence that the five elders were discussing how Vivi's bloodline were supposed to be CD)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  16. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn’t Big Mom and Kaidou fighitng each other be to Luffy’s benefit?? (That’s how I interpreted their conversation anyway). They would both end up weakening their forces by this.

17. Nami Heartfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounded like it wasn't their first time teaming up. Also, my brain imagined a boss fight: 2 vs 1.

18. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    To me it was a “I’ll beat you down just so I can kill straw hat myself!” With their egos, I can’t really picture them working together on this.

AliceShiki and Nami Heartfilia like this.
  19. Nami Heartfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    *slaps myself for worrying* Human, haven't you read many CN novels that MCs have protagonist halo?? Luffy has been save by his halo many times so don't worry! God Oda might make him suffer but it's for him to get stronger! *calms down*

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most people on NUF don't bother with reddit though? I mean, they could just use r/noveltranslations instead.
    I think they won't choose a new CD, but instead are going to get the ball rolling for something big... Like...

Shirahoshi is considered one of the big dangerous "weapons", right? The one that can control sea kings and cause disaster in the world... I just assume Blackbeard and Luffy were put on the same level as her... They might go on the offensive for once.

Although... The revolutionaries are there... I wonder how will things go if Garp faces off against Dragon though...
    I'd think of it more as an all out battle between the 3 forces, with Wano helping the Straw Hats.