Discussion Only Sane (Wo)man prompt

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DarwenGwein, Apr 11, 2017.

1. DarwenGwein

DarwenGwein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, hold on to your butts, because this one is a doozy. Now, humor me here, what if, just maybe, the protagonist of a story in a high fantasy setting... Wasn't reincarnated?

Specifically now, the protagonist is siblings with several other crazy genius kids (actually on their second life), but the protagonist is an honest to goodness regular child. Throw in some Tilea's Worries style comedy where our main character thinks the others are all just really talented, but sort of taking the several oracles their parents received too seriously (and they in turn subtly press the protagonist with "you can drop the act around us, you know?"), plus a dash of heartwarming as this character fixes small but incredibly important details the geniuses miss and bring the disfunctional family closer together.

Thoughts? Hilarious scenes that appear in your mind? I mean, I probably won't write it, but I'm stuck in that hazy point where I'm too stuck in my thoughts to sleep but too tired to translate, so topic.

gallantkun and Nurman like this.
  2. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    My butt's gone wild.

DarwenGwein and juniorjawz like this.
  3. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    OP i read this five times now.. i still don't know what i'm suppose to say to this..

juniorjawz likes this.
  4. Icura

Icura Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I can tell, it's basically centers around the protagonist, who is a normal kid. His siblings are all various reincarnated people with OP abilities that think that the protagonist is one of them but still hiding for some reason.

DarwenGwein likes this.
  5. HuntDragon

HuntDragon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OP, I approve and would read the heck out of something like that. If someone ever does start something like that, lemme know. But not TOO much like Tilea's Worries, kinda got annoyed by the end of the 2nd arc.

I've been on a turn where I really want regular people's views on the 'super-OP' groups, and how life actually is dealing with them. I'd try my hand at writing this prompt, but I've been on too much a realist/downer imagination to make anything funny.

DarwenGwein likes this.
  6. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    i cant think of an example off the top of my head but similar stories were done before. Yet i've never heard of this exact situation and think it'd be pretty good. But would it be a sort of novel where the MC is misunderstood as a genius too specifically because he sometimes solves problems/sees details the other geniuses miss? That would be interesting, i love misunderstanding novels. MC thought to be a genius among geniuses yet it's just a big misunderstanding on the others' part. If you make a novel with this theme, tag me bro.

7. gallantkun

gallantkun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would read that to be honest.

8. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    Now, that sounds hilarious.
    But, like tilea, it'll become boring quickly if repeated (sorry). It needs to add some plot twist and real plot at later stages.

DarwenGwein likes this.
  9. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    it reminds of this manga
    "Chihou Kishi Hans no Junan". except the MC knows that the rest are other worlders