Discussion Opinion thread: ISSTH (Warning: may contain spoilers if not at latest chapter)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Parth37955, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Amss

Amss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was one of the first to like ISSTH and i will also be one of the first to admit i dont like it as much anymore, I find world of cultivation more interesting or maybe even ze tian ji

Ontled and Astaroth like this.
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    That probably has a lot to do with you putting words in my mouth. When did I say that I didn't want it?

What I said is that I don't think that how easy or hard the "cheats" are to obtain has nothing to do with "life and death situations" and that what is exciting or tense in these novels isn't "life and death situations" because of the MC's risk of death.
    And I said that I find it interesting how MC's get out of tricky situations, when the author do a good job with it like Er Gen's Meng Hao & Wang Lin.

So I don't know what you're arguing about or "what I want" since those are all your own words and I don't know your thoughts, so naturally I can't explain to you what "I think" according to you. If anyone has an answer about what I apparently think that would have to be yourself, since you're the one who find these things that I never said to begin with.

Baddiez likes this.
  3. Amss

Amss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For one the plot armor is unbelievable I swear i got to one point where i kinda wished he died or failed for once(that time where a spirit severing elder was trying to kill him) i mean come on really???

Another thing is the cheats.. I have never seen a MC soo lucky
    +that unbelievable mental fortitude, I mean is it really that easy

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2016
  4. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I think the ATG guy is luckier. Meng Hao only survived the Spirit Severing guy because he got the help of other Spirit Severing guys, a Dao Seeking guy, and an Immortal.

5. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The irony lol

Asf and Astaroth like this.
  6. Amss

Amss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know but I held ISSTH in higher regards than ATG

Ikr that luck

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2016
  7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying Meng Hao's not lucky. Just not on Yun Che's level. Also all that help was packaged together.

8. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a 100+ chapters behind on ATG, so I can't say how lucky he is compared to Meng Hao now. I just know they both have "heaven defying" (see what I did there ;) ) luck

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if within the first 50 chapters a weakened Patriarch Reliance was forced to sit around in Meng Hao's soul and teach him divine techniques then I'd put them on the same level. Plus there's endless Immortals in ISSTH history to leave around powerful techniques. There's only like a few dozen gods in ATG yet he still manages to collect 6 of their legacies in a single country on a single planet within 3 years.

10. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My only gripe about the story is how lucky he is. Probably the most lucky MC I read in awhile. Even in Chinese forums they dislike Meng Hao the most out of all of this author works. They say Wang Lin was more hard working.

The current arc feels like a filler to me. The migration is boring and it's a matter of time before he finally uses that water for his totem. Not sure why he hasn't tried it yet. Other than that its a good story so for now I'll rate the story 8/10.

I'm not really sure how you can say IET has the weak background MC. When almost all of them are not crippled/bullied and are genius or above average MCs. Linley, Qin Yu, 9 Cauldrons MC, Ji Ning, Inch of Radiance MC, and Swallowed Star. About 2 of the MCs from a big ass clan.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  11. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this some evil plot to differentiate between the 'good' and 'bad' people on the forum?

It was sealed by an immortal(at least I think he is), how would it have any symptoms? Also, if you're really interested
    it does react in exactly that arc about the neo demons and it was pretty much said that the lily didn't react earlier intentionally so that it could store power and react when Meng Hao is at his weakest. It seems it has some degree of intelligence.
    I think I remember something like that in the Blood Immortal legacy arc where others had it easier because they had a lot more experience as cultivators in comparison to him, they after all came from great sects and were nurtured as dao children or chosen while his sect was a lot smaller and he only stayed there for a relatively short time. It was also mentioned some times before that, how he lacked magical techniques and experience in controlling his energy I think, but this still doesn't mean it's a bad thing, he just started from low and goes higher, seems quite normal for xianxia/xuanhuan. It's just exceptions like ATG, TDG and a few others where MC is omniscient from the beginning...

Probably the only thing I dislike is how there seem to be a lot of things that could help MC a lot but they just somehow so happen to not do it for all kinds of reasons. For example: the blood mastiff keeps sleeping, this is the time when Meng Hao is still weaker than it and when it could have the most use but it just so happens that it needs to sleep and MC is already almost at the same stage with it already; Patriarch unreliable who supposedly lived for who knows how long seems to be extremely narrow minded, doesn't even realize that in the end it was freed because of Meng Hao's actions in a way or another and Meng Hao doesn't really have much to do with the Demon sealers before him so there's no reason to be biased against him just because of that, it's clone even said that Meng Hao should be more wicked like itself iirc; his family also seems to have reasons why they can't directly help him.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  12. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...no...

13. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The Mastiff is asleep all the time because it's plot breaking and Meng Hao doesn't often need it. He can wake it up for a while if he needs to but he doesn't.

Why would Patriarch Reliance want anything to do with Meng Hao? When he left Meng Hao could do nothing for him. If you can like someone because of their family and legacy then you should be able to dislike them based on their family and legacy. Patriarch Reliance not minding that Meng Hao is a demon sealer is completely nonsensical given his character. He went out of his way to destroy the Demon Sealing sect to destroy their legacy. When the sect is finally destroyed the one disciple left in the sect manages to inherit the legacy? I'd be pissed that this guy ruined my 1000+ year plan too. Plus we're talking about Reliance basically being enslaved to protect Meng Hao and he wasn't even paid for this service. The guy was suppose to give him Righteous Bestowal but left the planet before doing it. I'm not saying Meng Hao shouldn't get along with him in the future but things made some sense as they happened.

CDLevit likes this.
  14. Miss Ruby

Miss Ruby 『Candy Floss』『Black Blood』 『❄️Ice Princess❄️』

Reading List:
    Link
    I love Meng Hao but yes, his plot armor is HUGE

15. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sighs he's really dragging this mess out now. He should had been used the water kept saying this and that and still don't have it. He had all the time in the world to study the water so thats not an excuse.

16. optjam

optjam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna see his blood mastiff in action already! But this part of the arc is concluding pretty soon I feel like! So far it's good, but I want to just get to the part where he meets his parents already!!

17. bloomsburyhouse

bloomsburyhouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. i've never felt the need to post on one of these things, but this chapter was amazing.

18. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Maou

Maou Lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Lightning Nascent Soul can be another Nascent Soul?

20. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link