Discussion Opinion thread: ISSTH (Warning: may contain spoilers if not at latest chapter)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Parth37955, Mar 3, 2016.

1. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    The rain dragon is just for show.
    I know it does a great thing by eating flood dragons everytime but it is still pretty much useless. I still do not understand its abilities though. I mean is it dead or alive ?

It was supposed to be something world changing but frankly everyone of these things people pursue like crazy are not quite there.

For ultimate vexation, that clan spent so many lives but looking at the meat jelly, I truly do not understand what is great about it (except for some hilarious moments with the parrot of course). Many things seem to be indestructible, and the eyeless larva silk seems to be better than the meat jelly skin.

Even the eyeless larva seems more like a dead thing than a living organism. It should be expressing something right ? I mean it might as well be a robot.

Finally what is the point of this many treasures ! Time swords, immortal wooden swords, the frost guys sword, mask, that moon thingy, blood clones, devil spear, fishing rod, mirror and many more.. he is simply relying on treasures ..

I actually still have trouble understanding how
    1. The parrot was released from the mirror (or was trapped into it in the first place)
    2. How did the parrot attack all those beasts in the treasure mountain arc ? The mirror shined blood seeped through every orifice. Was the parrot merely invisible when it was inside the mirror ? How could it attack ? am I missing something here?

Ok. I am a loyal ISSTH fan as well and the storyline atleast makes sense compared to the vast majority of xanxia but that does not mean I will not have expectations ;)

2. penprog

penprog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ze tian ji is actually just bad. World of Cultivation is good though

3. athlonkmf

athlonkmf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently around chapter 950 (raw). ISSTH had some pretty ravish fanboys but I find it rather boring.
    Let's face it, every "separate treasure dimension challenge" is nothing more than a mere filler, and ISSTH has a LOT of these which do nothing much for the plot. Sure Meng Hao powers up in them, but besides that, there are seldom any relevant character building in there.

The author is also very longwinded. Using a lot, a lot, a lot of words just to write up a single thought. (of course, in the raws the author also admit that he has 1000 words per chapter as goal to get his money. But if it doesn't do much for the pace of the story)

There are novels where you just keep reading because it's so exciting, but I never had that feeling on ISSTH.
    I irked most at the migration arc. That was soooooooo boring. It's all "pirates after pirates after pirates after pirates till we reach our goal".

4. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really get most bad opinions on ISSTH, I mean sure Meng has some ridiculous luck when it comes to legacies but his plot armour which may seem bad at first actually extends far back e.g. the ROC saving him because he freed her
    P.S it kinda irks me that most people don't like Xian Ni because its "too dark" but at the same time think ISSTH is too lighthearted... Pick one people

5. athlonkmf

athlonkmf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes I feel the author is trying to do something like LOST. Just throw out vague connections here and there for people to speculate.

The rain dragon comes into play later in the story, to give one more divine vein to the MC (which is oh so legendary. No one ever managed that number. And then next chapter comes the enemy who has double the number of divine veins)

and meat jelly is forced into a "he was a famous dude"-backstory, just for the sake of it.

Mod Edit: put spoiler under spoiler

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  6. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Um this thread is supposed to only be up to the latest translated chapter. Please put anything from the raws in spoilers (i.e. your entire post)

7. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah they got ravish fanboys they almost as bad as Marvel/DC fanboys. I notice them same fanboys only read novels on ISSTH and the only comparison they ever make is Yun Che and Chu Feng. That migration arc was so boring and on reddit they killed me for saying that. Then again somebody on another form warned me. After 500 chapters xianxia novels goes downhill. Almost all the ones I tried to MTL did that some even turn to complete shit.

Hell on reddit you got people literally believing ISSTH has good and beautifly romance.

8. PrinceAeron

PrinceAeron [Panda°Who°Saves°The°World°From°Cookies°Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO for ISSTH

Pro : Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!

Con : Zhou Dekun always live.

9. ezchariotz

ezchariotz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meng Hao Goal :
    - becoming an official and getting rich (Q: Cause? A: his parents went missing, and did not leave much behind in the way of assets. Education was expensive, so he was almost completely broke.)*Chapter 1
    -Becoming Immortal (Q: why? A:
    "I have nothing. Even after selling my ancestral home last year, I still owe Steward Zhou a lot of money.

Thinking of the money he owed made him laugh. Now that he was here, Zhou could come to chase after him for the money if he was strong enough. If not, he would be dead by the time Meng Hao left.

The more he thought about this place, the better he felt about it. He didn’t need to worry about money, or lodging or food. He even got payment worth hundreds of pieces of gold, and that was before he even started working. Considering that this was a dwelling-place of Immortals, it could truly be said that he had unexpectedly been rescued from a desperate situation.")*Chapter 2

why do people can't see that point?? and started to complain the "GOAL??"
    unlike another "revange", "Decaying Clan", "reincarnation from earth" , " Genius Beyond Genius" , "Old Geezer/ a Spoil Princess / an animal God Beast?God birds? / AI / two Sword Soul? that already in the soul of MC" type of novel.
    for one who disliked it. think about it.

besides,there is already an introduction about the story !!

"I Shall Seal the Heavens is currently one of the most popular xianxia stories in China. It is about a failed young scholar named Meng Hao who gets forcibly recruited into a Sect of Immortal Cultivators. In the Cultivation world, the strong prey on the weak, and the law of the jungle prevails. Meng Hao must adapt to survive. And yet, he never forgets the Confucian and Daoist ideals that he grew up studying. This, coupled with his stubborn nature, set him on the path of a true hero. What does it mean to “Seal the Heavens?” This is a secret that you will have to uncover along with Meng Hao!"

see the bold words?? thats the story about.

sorry for my bad english.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016