Discussion Opinions on Qidian Mega-merge thread 2.0 - All future Qidian Opinion Threads Will Go Here

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BabaNovac, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Like qidian?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucas99

Lucas99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    |----D:sweating_profusely: dig dig dig

the need for some new option to look for certain topic is really needed here :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

2. catatopatch

catatopatch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely:we need a president who can bring us together not divide us

3. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    WW vs QI is the main point...
    Have you ever seen the individual cases?
    Please present a case where QI should DCMA.

4. Xpekt

Xpekt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kk, should they not DMCA every novel that is not translated by themselves or who they have given the rights to translate (WW)?

I don't think we need to argue whether they have the right to DMCA or not, they are the owner of the story so they are the only one who has the right to translate the stories ( the right to translate, not the right to other peoples translation.) with the exception if the author has the kept his rights or if they have sold it away.

Now why should they DMCA?
    Because even if they don't currently have the manpower to translate x novel, it is a novel they could/would translate in the future. If they do not DMCA they will either lose x amount of novels which might be some of the best stories they had.

By letting other people translate their novels it makes it harder to hire translator, since that is their biggest draw when hiring.

Why not let people translate stories until they get the manpower?
    even if we ignore the loss they will get from not translating the first x chapters themselves. They will still have to hope that the translator sell their translation. In the case they do not sell their translation the site either has to catch up to the current number of chapters before they will earn anything from the novel or just continue past the current translated chapters which leads you to missing half the chapters off a novel on your site. Both these scenario are terrible situation for them.

I like game element + cultivation novel, Bringing the farm to live another world is a novel that i like, but if the first scenario happens and i have to wait year to read the novel. by the time i get new chapters my interest in the novel would most likely disappear. So not only do they lose a lot of revenue they would have gotten from the first x chapters they will also lose momentum of building interest to the story from chapter 1.

So they should either DMCA every novel that they have the right to, or sell the licence for either flat money or sharing the revenue generated from the licence. if not they are simply doing charity by giving away free stories, which is terrible for a business company.

The only argument I see for why they shouldn't DMCA every novel is if they think they can get more translators hired by letting them get attached a story they cannot finish.

5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is FALSE.

1. the owner is the author, not qidian
    2. they are explicitly NOT the only ones with the right to translate. Because WW bought those rights from them long ago before they tried to enter the english market.

Now that they have entered the english market they are regretting selling the translation rights to WW. And are using shady methods to try to destroy their competitors.

Also, we know for a fact that their claims that they have the rights to steal WW translations are false. Because what the contract between WW and Qi say doesn't matter, the translator contract with WW has been made public and that contract says that WW does not have any rights and that all rights for the translation lie with the translator.
    They already did that, before entering the english market. now they regret it.
    WW is just one of several sites who purchased translation rights.

Incidentally, one of the sites was Gravity Tales which they managed to purchase to reacquire those

Galaxii likes this.
  6. Xpekt

Xpekt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you look at the sentence before your quote you would know i am talking about when they have A, not sold the rights, B the author has not maintained his owned rights. it should be very clear i am not talking about the one incident where they sold the rights to WW. you are stuck in one incident, when im talking about general.

I am not gonna argue against the WW incident since I believe WW is in the rights. however it is not relevant at all to to my previous post.

7. Galaxii

Galaxii Anon-san

Reading List:
    Link
    If there was another way to read novels from QI, I would very happily drop QI's translations. :coffee:

8. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many aggregators out there.

I won't link any just google it.

Galaxii likes this.
  9. Galaxii

Galaxii Anon-san

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll do that, thanks~

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AMissingLinguist and Wujigege like this.
  12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah its old news but I came across it when I was reading information on power stones
    I was wondering why people would leave reviews under a FAQ false book and came across that

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  13. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting post. I'm just glad that it was first on Qidian before it got to NUF. I'm sure these people on Qidian worked it out somehow.

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder, it seems there are perception that outside of QI, people can't read further chapter if they don't donate.
    Is this a common missunderstanding or public brainwash?

Wujigege likes this.
  15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not really interesting at all. whoknows pointed out some really obvious things, and then Joker replied with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem attacks
    Neither was interesting.

Viola likes this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    haha you strike again lol. Its like having my very own stalker

I made the wrong screenshot lol
    Didnt know releasing 5 chapters per week was so cruel

https://forum.webnovel.com/d/1106/2

upload_2017-12-8_2-39-55.png

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *facepalm*

Ok, this is a forum, forums have this magic thing called "notification" which notify you when a new reply has been made to a thread in which you are an active participant. So, when you go to a thread in which I have been posting and make a post, I am going to see it, and potentially reply to it.

This is not me "stalking" you, this is me participating in this public forum in which you decided to shill for your qidian paymasters.

Also, it's very ironic that you replied to me saying your screenshots of "interesting debate" are just ad hominem attacks by immediately making an ad hominem attack on me.

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Got it.
    But let's be clear on one thing. I was never a part of the discussion. I was just shit posting.
    Posting screenshots of whatever funny discussions I could fine.
    To me this debate is pointless, tried having a civil discussion months ago and it got me nowhere.
    I don't know anyone in the screenshots and don't really care who they are. But if you want to find out and lecture them then be my guest.
    Just dont shoot the messenger lol.
    This again really? I just noticed it from the corner of my eye lol. This has to get old at some point
    I now really feel like I have a stalker
    @Shem @Cupcake Ninja I need protection :blobpeek:

I decided to take Miya's advice
    Anyway the shit posting will continue
    upload_2017-12-8_3-20-58.png

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  19. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Wujigege likes this.
  20. Wujigege