Mafia Osie's 18th Circle of Hell Mafia - Night 5

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by osieorb18, Apr 11, 2022.

1. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Osie's 18th Circle of Hell

[​IMG]

A game for 24 slots hosted by Osie, Geyde, and Silviu.

You may assume that all Global/Site and/or Forum Game Rules apply to you in any game-related thread, chat, etc. unless the host has explcitly informed you otherwise.

GLOBAL/SITE RULES
    FORUM GAME RULES

The definition of toxicity may be loosened at times, but in general, don't be a jerk.

At 48 hour Day phases, players are expected to post at least 5 overall substantive posts per 24 hours and at least 15 overall substantive posts per 48 hours. This will be checked roughly every 24 hours.

Many of the rules of the game will be hidden at the start. The rules in this post cannot be changed or hidden.

This game is designed to be insane but fun. Is it designed to be balanced? Uhh... Maybe? Kinda? Sorta?

Living Players (/in):

1. Ruby + @trisscar + @Lemonfairy + @TiggerBane (@FoolsGoldest)
    3. @TheLukundo
    4. @tsumugiMD
    5. @Zone Q11
    7. @Tilgarial
    8. @Wiisp
    10. @Whysper Kitsune
    11. WindwardAway + Min (@based_fol)
    12. NANOOK + Lag (@OwlsWriteLetters)
    13. seon + CRichardFortressLies (@SeonRichard)
    17. @beancat (non-invite)
    18. Solic + Gorta (@TreeReaper, non-invite)
    20. Arctic + Vulgard (@TownMisleaders, non-invite)

Dead Players:

#2. DkKoba @MathBlade - Rebel Archaeologist -> Town Maria Sekiutsu -> Town Telephone, Eliminated Day 3.
    #6. Boquise - Town Ignition, Died Day 4.
    #9. KurosakiIchogo - Villager Master of Disguises, Died Day 4.
    #14. @Cream + @Joker + @Lissi + @iampsyx (SpectatoChat) - Neutral Copsonistado -> Town Token, Died Night 2.
    #15. Dolby + Raskolnikov + TheGoldenChumley (TwoPlayersAndAOnion) - Town Edward, Died Day 4.
    #16. Kiiruma (non-invite) - Town Kirby -> Town Editor, Died Night 2.
    #19. lol + dota (SonicAndKnuckles, non-invite) FateShirou - Mafia Time Machine, Died Day 4.
    #21. Daeron + Amelia (SkillIssue, non-invite) - Mafia Tim Hortons, Died Day 4.
    #22. Leafia + ATNoName (ATNoLeafia, non-invite) - Neutral Steve Harvey, Died Day 4.

Replacement (/sub):

1. Arete
    2. @ElizaThePsycho (non-invite)
    3. Chloe
    4. ExLight (non-invite)
    5. @Marluxion
    6. MartinGG99
    8. @Trochilidae (non-invite)
    9. Mighty-Cannon
    10. @Blizer

Spectators (/spec):

1. @astand (INFORMED)
    2. Jane (INFORMED)
    3. lucky (INFORMED)
    4. hally
    5. @Laurentus

Checkpoint History:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    Tilgarial, Blitz, Lissi and 1 other person like this.
  2. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for any extra tags; if you have nothing to do with mafia, don't worry about this. <3

Mr. Tired, Tilgarial, Blitz and 2 others like this.
  3. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Revealed Hidden Rules:

#12. Prior to the game start, each slot is asked to choose another slot and one out of the three of Attack or Defend.
    • If a player and their target both pick attack, the players get a Rivals neighbour chat. They will gain rewards from successfully impeding each other throughout the game.
    • If a player picks attack and their target picks defend (or vice-versa), the Attack player gains a Rival in the form of the Defend player. The Defend player gains an Ally in the form of the Attack player.
    • If a player picks defend and their target picks defend, the players get an Allies neighbour chat. They will gain rewards from successfully assisting each other throughout the game.
    • If a player picks attack and their target picks or (or vice-versa), the Or player learns a bit about [REDACTED], or learns the name and type of their role if they have one. The Attack player gains a Rival in the form of the Or player.
    • If a player picks defend and their target picks or (or vice-versa), the Or player learns a bit about [REDACTED], or learns the name and type of their role if they have one. The Defend player gains an Ally in the form of the Or player.
    • If a player and their target both pick or, both players learn a bit about [REDACTED], or the names and types of their respective roles if they have them, and they join the ??? chat. They will gain rewards by uncovering game mechanics together as part of the ??? semifaction.

#30. Banana: Players may use one factional action, one non-factional action, and one item per phase.

#43. Banana: In the case of a tied elimination after Day 1 Start, two random players who are not voting for any of those players are eliminated. In False Start, the tie rule will be based on the most/least recent to reach that number.

#57λ. Banana: This rule will be revealed permanently when a player receives a non-48-hour Day phase.
    • At 24 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 7 posts per 24 hours. 24 hour checks.
    • At 48 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 5 posts per 24 hours and 15 posts per 48 hours. 24 hour checks.
    • At 72 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 10 posts in the first 48 hours, 5 posts in the final 24 hours, and 20 posts per 72 hours.
    • At 96 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 8 posts per 48 hours and 24 posts per 96 hours.
    • At 120 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 5 posts per 48 hours, 2 posts in the final 24 hours, and 15 posts per 120 hours.

#71. Banana: Majority requires at least 2/3rds of living players, or the total number of living players in the faction with the most living players if that number is between 1/2 and 2/3rds of players.

#97b. Banana: Alignment checks have an 4/n base chance of being incorrect, where n is the number of living players. This goes down to 2/n once 10 or fewer players remain, and 1/n once 5 or fewer players remain.

#143. Banana: On April 2nd at activity check time, if any player has yet to receive their role PM, the host calls out the living player(s) as having made it through the brawl. Each of those players receives their role PM using the priority list below. Once 24 players have been randomized this way, the rest of players are sent into uninformed spec chat.

All of this counts relevant voted-out players:

• Up to 18 slots for most posts in first 18 invited signups with no prods so far for lack of activity.
    • Up to 4 slots for most posts in invited signups with no prods so far for lack of activity.
    • Fill out with invited signups if able.
    • Fill out with uninvited signups if necessary.
    • Everybody else goes to Uninformed Spec Chat

#147. Banana: At Activity check on April 5th, if plurality is not on Soft (33%), reveal this rule and reveal and remove the plurality rule, setting plurality to Soft (33%). All players’ phase lengths become 48/24 and deadline becomes the earliest Noon PST such that no player will have phases of less than 48/24. It becomes the same (latest) Day phase for everyone. If players don’t vote before the next end of Day, they are entered into the player roulette. X times over the course of the following Night, where X is 50%, rounded up, of the players entered into the roulette, a random player is drawn from the roulette and asked 3 quick-timed trivia questions. If they get two or more of them wrong, they die. If they get one wrong, they go back in the roulette.

#194. If a player asks politely for 1 or 2 points, they will get them. Players cannot gain more than 2 points this way.

#200. Each time a player votes for a host, plurality voting switches to the least used of the following modes. If it has shifted through all of them, it switches between Most and Least-Non-Zero.

• “Soft” - 33% Plurality
    • “Simple” - ≥50%-Living-Voting enables Plurality
    • “Maj-at-EoD” - ≥50% of voting players is necessary to be eliminated at EoD. (Flips into <50% in Least-Non-Zero case)
    • “Plurality-Midday” - ≥50%-Living-Voting CAUSES Plurality check.
    • “Ranked” - Each player makes a list of other living players and the player with the highest spot across lists is eliminated.

#213. The 17th time any of the following words (or obvious linguistic derivatives, at host judgment) is used this game, posts which include these words do not qualify as content for the following 48 hours. The 37th time any of them is used this game, the last uncensored word on the list to be used becomes censored. Posts which include that word do not qualify as content and lead to a prod for the rest of the game.

• Ass
    • Crap
    • Dick
    • Fuck
    • Katze
    • Orange
    • Shit
    • TWTBAW

#444. If a player votes for the same player between two Day phases in a row, the game thread switches location (See Note) at the start of the following Day. If a player is not in good standing in the location, or for any other reason, they may find a representative to play in their stead at that location. They are an imaginary friend for that representative for the duration of the time in that location. Each location other than FoL can only be accessed once.

• FoL
    • Mafia: the Syndicate
    • Novel Updates Forum
    • [REDACTED]
    #570. The second Monday of the game (April 11th) is "Mother Appreciation Day". The player(s) who write(s) the best (by vote; players may not vote for themselves) positive poem(s) about their mother(s) get(s) a reward.

#571. The second Tuesday of the game (April 12th) is "Yuri in Space Day". Each player may recruit a new uninformed spectator. The player who recruits the best uninformed spectator (judged by the hosts) gets a reward.

#589. The second Wednesday of the game (April 13th) is "Kasparov Day". Players will each be given a non-Knight Chess Piece of their choice for their distinct (random) spot on the edge of a chess board. They may each submit a series of legal moves to get to the opposite edge of the chess board. However, if any spot on that series of moves is intersected by another player, each of those two players gets a point. The player(s) with the fewest points out of players who have submitted a series of moves each receive a reward.

#9001. The second Saturday of the game (April 16th) is “Dead Man’s Square Day”. Uninformed Dead players will be able to talk in the game thread, regardless of what phase it is.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  4. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Day 5 Start

TownMisleaders would have died during the Night. BUT THEY SOMEHOW SURVIVED. (This kinda doesn't feel as surprising any more.) They were Villager Cola.

In addition, @Foolsgold has been exiled and @Zone Q11 has returned.

Hidden Rule Revealed:

#570. The second Monday of the game (April 11th) is "Mother Appreciation Day". The player(s) who write(s) the best (by vote; players may not vote for themselves) positive poem(s) about their mother(s) get(s) a reward.

Submit poems via DM over the next 24 hours.

@TheLukundo @tsumugiMD @Zone Q11 @Tilgarial @Wiisp @OwlsWriteLetters @beancat @DunkinDonuts @based_fol @FoolsGoldest @SeonRichard @TownMisleaders @TreeReaper @Whysper Kitsune

Day 5 Starts Now.

Voting Thread

With 13 players, it takes 9 to eliminate by majority and 5 to eliminate by plurality.

Elimination deadline is 1 PM PST on April 13th

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    Tilgarial likes this.
  5. TownMisleaders

TownMisleaders Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nice shot wisp

6. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... Ya, I really do be wondering where the other kills are. What are the Spies doing?

Anyhow, who are up for a--
    ...Osie, that is not SeonRichard; that is seonri.

7. tsumugiMD

tsumugiMD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoever thinks it's hilarious to keep forcing me to play the trivia murder party shit, gets wrecked cause I survived despite losing.

Zone Q11 and Tilgarial like this.
  8. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I am not a poet. @Lemonfairy, get over here. You are a fellow resident. You know what to do.

9. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Tilg, you have doomed me by letting my greatest adversary vote me.
    ...well to be fair, at least you kept your word.

10. tsumugiMD

tsumugiMD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    6 deaths the prior day and barely a flip going into this new day

11. Wiisp

Wiisp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't shoot u, you potato, I couldn't even shoot u

12. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    That ain't our based either... That's NUF's based...

13. tsumugiMD

tsumugiMD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tilgarial

Why fools gold? Of all of the people to exile why them?

14. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't change the fact that I now have to repeat what I said in ??? Chat again... in a thread with you!

15. tsumugiMD

tsumugiMD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you visited him, so that wasa the assumption we came to.

16. Wiisp

Wiisp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My vig shot is the opposite of what it was before, instead of a fake claim vig, it's a claim vig, and even if u did claim, I don't think it would have done anything

I was just trying to get more claims on the field, hoping some were already flipped people, but either way I was certainly not going to kill another person have the moon yeeted like 6 people from this game

17. Wiisp

Wiisp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya I tracked him, to himself lmao

18. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry. You were a revealed evil; I really couldn't be honest at that point.
    I was also hoping you'd pass it along and my the info on who I target would spread.
    I even told you; I was playing mind games :blobmelt::blobsweat_2:

19. TownMisleaders

TownMisleaders Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we literally all played ourselves with mech last night holy ***

Tilgarial likes this.
  20. tsumugiMD

tsumugiMD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg stop visiting eachother.